Violets CD Diary x

I have just read your entire diary and have to say that your photos look fab - and the difference is really amazing.

Congratulations on your hard work, and on turning 30 (your still a babe compared to me)

Keep up the good work

Take care

Ah thanks lovely :) I just replieD to your post over on the cd1000 board, we should buddy up and conquer step3 together! Looks like theres another lady over there too who is up for it too. Im sure it would help me, the support on this board has been huge up till now but i have noticed a little quiet over there! Up for it? xxxxx

ps im on step2 now, start step3 either monday or monday week depending on WI x

Hey Vi, how you doing today Toots?

By the waaay how did you change the name of your diary!? Been trying to fix mine for weeeeks "new starter" is a bit pleh, and impersonal!

Anyway, hope you are well. Sounds like you've been having a good week. *hugs* :] x

OH. MY. DAYS......

I have been iller today than all the times i've ever been ill put together and it has been VILE.
Decided yesterday for a quick getaway to a beach camp about an hour away (Nuweiba), gorgeous white sandy beach to ourself (me and 17 friends), beach huts opening onto the beach, bloody gorgeous but v basic. No mains electricity, generator on for 3 hours in eve, other than that no electricity at all, 1 toilet 2 mins walk up the beach, grass hut with mattress on floor, kind of basic but im cool with that, loved it, slept like a dream listening to the waves and watching the shooting stars jetting about the big black sky...

So all good, got up had a swim, started feeling peaky and from that point within 3 hours i had sickness and dioreah the worst ive ever encountered, was sick over 50 times, couldn't keep water down for more than 30 secs. on the last toilet dash I passed out in the sun (luckily my sis in law was there), came round after a slap to the face, then lost my vision, hearing and ability to walk. Had to get carried to the bathroom basically as my legs kept collapsing. Got rushed to hospital and onto IV drip (thank god we had a car, as no ambulances or owt) managed to get back to Dahab in 1 piece with a remarkably undignified toilet stop on the side of the road :(

Think it was dodgy chicken and major dehydration. Anyway after the iv fluids and a bag of meds i started feeling human again and can't believe what happened. Thought I was dying honestly.

Anyway thats where I'VE BEEN, my meds cant be taken on an empty stomach so ate some salty tuc biscuits and cant stomach anything else so no cambs for me today.

Sorry for the longness of this message xxxxx

blimey kitten - don't sodding apologize. what absolute trauma! watch yourself for the next few days. The last time i had dodgy chicken i ended up in hospital with typhoid two weeks later.

OOffft! Violet. YOU champion. That's one hideous experience. Is you husband a local? I would have been petrified if that was me, not least at the thought of baring my bum in a public place :) I remember being ill in Turkey like that, really sick, again dodgy chicken. Chicken, so delicious, so evil. Ibe had me rushed (by car cos' thats just how they do it) to the hospital and everyone was talking turkish I couldnt understand a blinking word, a bolus of saline and a jab to the bum later I was at home being spoon fed cake for recovery! :) The good news is that will knock a few pounds off...I was sick last week and it worked a treat. (do not try this at home)

Awh geez, that sounds like a nightmare! You poor thing, I hope you are back to normal asap. *mega hugs*

Thanks lovelies, feel tonnes better again today. Have'nt been on plan today as couldnt stomach the shakes and couldnt take meds on empty stomach so had some salted crisps and salted crackers throughout the day before meds. Have managed to do 3 loads of washing and give the house a clean, feed my little man and thats it today. Now i'm in bed watching scrubs and going to sleep soon.
My friends left today :( Sad to see them go, but looking forward to getting back into our usual routine somehow.
If all's well I'll be back on plan tomo morn. Need to shift this last half a stone sharpish. Just weighed myself and i'm still 11.11!!! I know its eve but seriously, its been over a week now since i saw the lbs drop! WI monday so will hope to see a decline. I weigh myself every morn anyway and its been 11.11 since my bday (last friday) grrrrrrrr.

Is you husband a local? I would have been petrified if that was me, not least at the thought of baring my bum in a public place :)
Yes hubby is Egyptian, unfortunately he wasn't with us to save the day though :(
The worst part was we knew the 2 minibuses with all our friends were just a few kms behind at this point, I can just imagine the nightmare that would have been had they driven past :eek:

Oh that sounds horrendous, you poor thing, did anyone else get it too?? Glad you are bac k home in one piece!! Just about!
Thanks love, no it was just me luckily, wouldn't have wished that on my worst enemy! My mum reckons it must have been a dodge piece of chicken or ropey tomato or something, im just glad my little man didn't eat it!!!

Awh geez, that sounds like a nightmare! You poor thing, I hope you are back to normal asap. *mega hugs*
Thanks lovely, 1 squillion times better today xxx

blimey kitten - don't sodding apologize. what absolute trauma! watch yourself for the next few days. The last time i had dodgy chicken i ended up in hospital with typhoid two weeks later.
Will do, thanks sweets x

Ahhh, I thought as much! You see, my husband is turkish and he has a lot of egyptian friends and they all have the same "over react to a dramatic event" gene it seems! In that, if anything ever happens to anyone, you know, break a nail, develop a cough and such THEY MUST attend hospital, accompanied by all brothers and sisters squashed into two cars, and possibly some neighbours too, to get "serum" in their bums, which of course cures all ills.

You are then treated to them maruading around telling anyone about their near death experience.

Now you of course are probably doing the totally british thing claiming to not know what they are talking about, how dare the discuss your bodily motions - you are keeping the stiff upper lip here!

By the way - total jeal that you live over there now, I would be in Adana like a shot if I could :(

get "serum" in their bums, which of course cures all ills.

Now you of course are probably doing the totally british thing claiming to not know what they are talking about, how dare the discuss your bodily motions - you are keeping the stiff upper lip here!

(

Lol NEVER heard of the serum in the bum cure, that must be a turkish thang, made me laugh though!
I can also assure you that my upper lips stiffness has relaxed somewhat since living here 5 years :) You can't maintain that sort of thing for long this neck of the woods! xxx

You mean to tell me that his family dont coo over you, travel 6 to a car and drag you to the clinic every time you develop a cough? Boo Hiss.

Seriously though, one does hope that you are ok Violet, got to be careful with the old hydration now.

Wooeeee my Mums on here, look her up and welcome her with open arms she's a complete diamond! She's Poppy bear and she's awesome xxxxx

Wooeeee my Mums on here, look her up and welcome her with open arms she's a complete diamond! She's Poppy bear and she's awesome xxxxx

Awh, yey for mums! Mine has been doing CD as well. Tried to get her to join minimins but she was having none of it. :p

Does you mum have a blog on the go? If so, I'll pop over there and give her some CD love. :D xx

Ah bless, yes she's poppy bear and her diary is called I'm shrinking! I'm sure she'll appreciate it xx

Illa said:
oh 7 pounds from goal Violet, you are doing an amazing good job here, keep strong and keep going !

Thanks :) I can't believe I've had to come off plan so close to target, although I'm sure I won't put eight on as not eating anyway! X

Thanks :) I can't believe I've had to come off plan so close to target, although I'm sure I won't put eight on as not eating anyway! X

Hi there Violet, Wow to you for losing all that weight since just the beginning of August! That is fab!

If you do find a bit of a plus or even STS it can be due to fluid retention after being ill. But hope that doesn't prove to be the case.

Only 7lb to go for you and I am very envious....

Well done again! .... :happy096:

Back