Vi's Food Diary

Thanks for the comments Donna. The lemon muffins sound lovely - I'll look them up. Probably a good idea to have ingredients for Syn friendly baking in the cupboard for when I feel the urge.
I am off on my travels again for a few days so will need to get back to the diary seriously next week. The last couple of days have been 'off plan' because I have been full of cold and couldn't be bothered worrying about how many Syns in throat sweets and lemsips and basically thought that I deserved a bit of chocolate.
I'll be back next Wednesday.

PHASE TWO

The story so far; I lost a stone - yippee!, Then got complacent, went to the Dordogne and managed to stay the same weight despite coming off the plan. Went to Amsterdam and really went off the plan. Guess what? I've put on 3lbs. Not as clever as I thought.
Now I am beginning 'phase 2'. Starting again really because I know that I don't have to be this sort of size. By Christmas I will be another stone lighter because I want to be and I know that this Slimming World plan works.

Wednesday Sept 8th;

Breakfast; 2 Rivita (3 Syn) scraping of butter and jam (2.5 Syn) 250 ml semi skimmed for drinks in the day (h exA)(not the healthiest of breakfasts, but I needed to go shopping)

Lunch: 2 slices wholemeal bread (h exB) scraping of light mayo (2Syn) boiled ham, lettuce, tomato. Fat free fruit yoghurt (.5 Syn) Plum

Dinner: Lean Mince, spray light, mushrooms, onions, tinned tomatoes, curry paste (3Syn) Rice. Low fat Creme Fraise (1.5 Syn)
Peach, fat free fruit yoghurt (.5 Syn)

Total Syn (definitely - I am not going to add to this) = 13

Well done for getting back on plan, i always think the hardest bit is admitting we need to come back after a few days or weeks off. Lets hope you have a good weight loss this week.

August 9th

Thursday Sept 9th

Thanks for the encouragement Teresa. Not a bad day today.

Breakfast; Porridge (h exB) banana, milk for drinks in the day (h exA)

snack: Peach, fat free fruit yoghurt (.5 Syn)

Lunch; 2 slices wholemeal bread (6 Syn) light mayo (2Syn) ham, lettuce, tomato. Plum, banana. Muller light yoghurt.

Dinner; Squash, onion, carrot, celery, potatoes, tinned tomatoes, spices, rice.
Another fat free yoghurt (.5 Syn)Plum
cube fruit & nut choc (4 Syn)

Total Syn = 13

Last edited:
Hi beekeeper, great to see you back on track, i admire your attitude and i think its the way forward, a holiday is holiday, enjoy it while it lasts and then straight back to the SW millstone, that 3lb will disappear very quickly, good luck for WI, can't remember which day you weigh in now.

I am v jealous i have always wanted to visit amsterdam, maybe when kids are older...

Thanks Donna and Kelly for the words of encouragement. It's a nice surprise when I see that I am not alone on here. Regarding the excercise, the bike option is good advice. I went out for the first time a few months ago (before I started Slimming World) and boy, could I see the difference between cycling my walking! My heart was pounding! I thought I would see how far up the hill to home I could cycle - it is a STEEP hill. I got a half pedal in and then the bike came to a stop and keeled over. I wasn't hurt as I managed a neat roll over. Since then I have stuck to walking - I am trying to just make more walking part of my everyday activity. But perhaps it is time for the bike to get dusted off again.
My weigh in day is Wednesdays so I have a full week to shift the 3lb I put on eating pancakes.

Sept 10th

Friday September 10th
Another good day here.

Breakfast; Porridge (H ex B) banana, milk for drinks in the day (H ex A)

Lunch; Homemade veg soup, peach, activia low fat yoghurt (.5 Syn)

Dinner; Brocolli cheesy pasta (from this months magazine) I used Low low cheese (4.5 Syn) Banana, nectarine, activia yoghurt (.5 Syn)

snacks; 4 M&S sugar free sweets (2Syn)

Options hot chocolate (2Syn)
another yoghurt (.5 Syn)

Total Syns = 10

Sept 11th

Saturday Sept 11th.

Breakfast; Porridge (h exB) banana, milk for drinks in the day (h exA)

Lunch; Cold pasta left over from yesterday (it actually tasted nicer cold!) (4.5 Syn)
Slice strawberry roulade (.5 Syn - I'll count the rest of it as free when I eat it) Kiwi fruit, activia fat free flavoured yoghurt (.5 Syn)

Dinner; Chicken, fat free yoghurt, jerk seasoning, spray light, mixed stir fry veg, light soy sauce. Peach, slice lemon cous cous cake with lemon curd (1 Syn)

Snacks; Cube toblerone (4 Syn)

Options Hot choc (2 Syn) another yoghurt (.5 Syn)

Total Syns = 13

A good 20 minutes hilly walk to shops and a bit of an arm workout carrying two bags back again. Tried to really stride it out and wasn't puffing too much which is good.

Sept 12th

Sunday Sept 12th

Breakfast; Porridge (H exB) banana, milk for drinks in the day (h exA) Nectarine

Lunch; Lentil & squash stew with bacon & quorn 'chicken' pieces (variation of the lentil & quorn sausage stew - very tasty).Slice strawberry roulade, slice lemon cous cous cake with 1/2 tsp lemon curd (1Syn)

Snack; Curly Wurly (6Syn) (forced on me by daughter !!)

Dinner; Salad of lettuce, cucumber, tomatoes, beetroot, strawberries, ham. hard boiled eggs stuffed with 28g light bourson cheese (2Syn). Slice wholemeal bread with smear of butter (4Syn)

Total Syns = 13

Half hour breezy walk.
Still feeling optimistic about this weeks weigh in - planned my meals for the next couple of days and will try to keep the Syns below 10 for a while.

Sept 13th

Monday Sept 13th

Breakfast; Porridge (h exB) and banana, 250ml semi skimmed for drinks in the day.(H ex A)

Lunch; 3 Rivita (4.5 Syn) tsp butter (2 Syn) 28g Boursin light (2Syn) 2 tomatoes. Peach, strawberries.

Dinner; Chilli made with extra lean mince, spray light, onion, tinned tomatoes, chilli flakes, kidney beans, rice. Lettuce and tomato

2 slices lemon cous cous cake, activia low fat yoghurt (.5 Syn)

Total Syns = 9

Sept 14th

Tuesday Sept 14th

Breakfast; as usual, Porridge (h exB) and banana. 250ml Semi skimmed from drinks in the day.

Lunch; Salad of lettuce, cucumber, tomato, ham, 2 boiled eggs with 1tblsp light mayo (2Syn) nectarine, plum. Slice of cous cous cake with 1/2 tsp lemon curd (.5 Syn)

Dinner; Lentil stew with quorn 'chicken' bits, bacon, carrots, tinned tomato & boiled potatoes.
Peach, activia yoghurt (.5 Syn)

Options hot choc (2 Syn)

Total Syn = 5

End of a good week, hoping to have at least lost the holiday pounds at my WI tomorrow

Sept 15th

Wednesday Sept 15th
Hooray! Lost the 3lb gained last week. Motivated again to keep on - I WILL lose (at least) a stone by Christmas.

Breakfast; Porridge (h exB) banana. 250ml semi skimmed for drinks in the day.(h exA)

Lunch; 2 Rivitas (3Syn), scrape butter (2Syn) Boursin Light (2Syn) tomato. grapes, sugar free jelly (.5 Syn)

Dinner; SW Cottage Pie (lovely) green salad. Banana, nectarine, grapes, sf jelly (.5Syn)

Total Syns = 8

Too wild & wet & windy to go for a walk. Will wrap up tomorow though and brave the elements.

Sept 16th

Thursday Sept 16th

Breakfast; Porridge (H ExB) banana, 250ml milk for drinks in the day.

Lunch; 2 Rivitas (3 Syn), scraping Butter (2Syn) Boursin light (2syn), grapes, peach, banana, activia yoghurt (.5 Syn)

Dinner; KFC Chicken (delicious!!!) stir fry veg, green salad (2 Syn for the breadcrumbs) Fruit salad, slice cous cous cake

snacks; s free jelly (.5 Syn) yoghurt (.5 Syn)

Total Syns = 10.5

Sept 17th

Friday Sept 17th

Breakfast; Porridge and banana (H exB) 250ml milk for drinks in day (h exA)

Lunch; reheated leftover cottage pie, peach, plum, muller light cheescake (1Syn)

Dinner; pasta, bacon, onion, fry light, passata, 2 tblsp light creme frais (3 Syn)
green salad.
Toffee muller light.

grapes
another muller light cheescake (1Syn)

Total Syn = 5

Sept 18th

Saturday Sept 18th

Bit of a hectic day.

Breakfast; 28g Special K, Semi skimmed from allowance for todays drinks (H ex A&B) banana,

Rivita(1.5 Syn), tuna, butter&mayo (2Syns) portion SW apple betty.(2Syn)(to test it - very nice! (I put nutmeg on top)

Lunch: Curry with lean ex lean mince, tomatoes, onions, curry paste (1.5 Syn) rice, small piece of light naan bread (4Syn?) Apple betty (2 Syn)
Strawberries, m&s meringue (1Syn)

Teatime; 3 rivitas (4.5 Syn) quark, banana. Muller light cheescake yoghurt (1Syn)

Total Syns = 19.5
A really 'picky' day when I just wanted to eat all the time. Not completely out of hand and I tried to stick to 'good' food. Know that I didn't have enough fruit and veg and didn't drink enough water.
Tomorrow I'll be different!

Sept 19th

Sunday Sept 19th

Breakfast; Porridge (H exB) banana, 250 ml semi skimmed for drinks in day.

Lunch; rice, spicy veg stew, lentil dhal, yoghurt. (made for me & didn't like to interrogate about ingredients. It all seemed nice and healthy & fat free. Spied a tin of coconut milk in kitchen and meal was for 13 of us. Yoghurt was probably not low fat so I am guessing 7Syn)
Thin Crepe with fresh fruit (passed on the cream) deffo not done in fry light -again a guess (8Syn)

Tea time at home; tiny plate of mash, peas and M&S chunky steak. Kiwi fruit, nectarine, muller light.

Total syns = 15

Just drinking water this evening, trying very hard to remember that I want to lose another 3 stone. A comment today of 'Is this the new slimline Viera then?' chuffed me a bit at first and then realised that comments like that can kid me into feeling I've done enough. I haven't!

Sept 20th

Monday Sept 20th

Thought I'd change my eating around a bit today as I am getting in a bit of a rut with porridge/banana etc. Also made a cous cous cake with 2 tablespoons of lemon curd in which I calculated at 1Syn per slice. Seems to have worked as I have managed an easy 5 syns in total.

Breakfast; Banana, nectarine, muller light vanilla.

Lunch; Salad with tuna, tomatoes, cucumber, lettuce, dressing made with balsamic vinegar and a spray of fry light. 56g wholemeal roll (H exB) 1/2 tsp butter (1Syn)

Dinner; Curry made with onion, garlic, cougettes, celery, carrot, baby corn, sugarsnap peas, quorn 'chicken' pieces, tinned tomatoes, spices. Rice, Nat fat free yoghurt.
Strawberries, blueberries, yoghurt.
2 Slices cous cous cake (2Syn)

250 ml semi skimmed for drinks in the day.
Lots of water
Options hot choc (2Syns)

Total Syns =5

Sept 21st

Tuesday Sept 21st

Last couple of days I've been really focussed. My fridge and cupboards ready for syn free cooking, and the weather has been brilliant too! A good hours walk today to investigate the progress of New Brighton's regeneration. Drinking loads of water (it really does stop you wanting to eat doesn't it? Amazing!)

Breakfast: Strawberries, blueberries, banana, fat free nat yoghurt, 1 slice lemon curd cous cous cake (1syn)(how long does it keep in the fridge, I wonder?)

Lunch; Veg curry left over from last night with 56g wholemeal roll, 1/2tsp butter (1Syn)

Dinner; Gammon steak grilled, little potatoes, spring cabbage.
Nectarine, strawberries, blueberries, M&S meringue shell (1Syn) squirt light aerosol cream (2Syn) I slice cous cous cake (1Syn)

Total syns 6

Total for the week = 69 (W I tomorrow)

Last edited:
Back