VLCD Advice please!

Oh I found today very difficult. I just felt starving all day. Hopefully today will be better.

If you get hungry, you need some more protein. Try eating a small peice of skinless chicken or some meat or fish. Just a smallish amount should sort you out and will keep you in ketosis.

Dont worry too much about citric acid, its very debatable whether it will take you out of ketosis once you are in it. Dont go drinking tons of diet soda with citric acid though on the strength of that, but a little wont hurt.

I'm a vegetarian so I can't eat the things you suggested. Thanks though for your help. I guess I'll just have to keep testing my poor bladder by drinking loads of water!

Have you looked at Exante it's very similar to Cambridge but you buy online n no need for a councellor xoxo

Thanks Laurie I've only heard of that on here, must look into it.

Eire, Ive just looked into getting some whey protein mix, which would be suitable for vegetarians (not vegans though as its milk protein). Its a high quality protein mix, that has minimal carbs and just 98 cals for a scoop. I orderded mine yesterday so havnt received it yet but it sounds like the sort of thing that could help you along your way. It is probably very similar to the Target Slim shakes, but less than 2 carbs a portion, and mixes with 250ml water. Ive ordered the Mint Choc flavour, the reviewers on the site (myprotein.com, True Whey) really love the mint choc.

It would give you the extra protein you need to stop you getting hungry, whilst keeping the calorie and carb consumption down.

Exante is a meal replacement that i use, and its way cheaper than all the other replacements. £100 for a months total supply (dont know what that compares to euros, maybe 120?). Ive no idea how that compares to Target Slim price wise. In a mixed bumper pack you get Shakes Soups and Bars, 1 of the soups would not be suitable for you as its chicken flavour (somehow i doubt there is any actual chicken involved lol) but there is just 7 of those in the whole pack of 84 items, but eveything else should be ok for you. You can also buy a bumper pack of just shakes, which are chocolate strawberry banana and vanilla flavours. If cost is a consideration it might be worth looking into.

JoanneM said:
Actually all the Exante products are suitable for vegetarians, including the thai chicken.

That's funny!

Thanks to you all for taking the time to give me so much advice. I appreciate it. Just cooked dinner for family and it wasn't too difficult as it was meat so I wouldn't eat it anyway!

Back