VLCD Sequel: Electric Boogaloo

Another awesome loss. You’ve been so consistent!

So are you saying you have a bob now or you’ll get that at 12 stone? As you were describing the grey I was thinking that it would look more punk than whack! I certainly wouldn’t worry. I don’t suit short hair at all, even when thin. I have a short rounded face so it just doesn’t work, plus I have fine hair. I always envied the pixie look or the 90s version of it but you need thick hair for it to work. The Hally Berrie (spelling?!) kinda style but super-duper short. Hell, some people can pull of a skin head. That appeals too but unfortunately it’s going to be long hair all the way for me. It’s nice to have a change of pace, especially as a result of weight loss. Hope you post pics at each stage! :)

Have just read through all the posts and have come to the conclusion that I am a freak... I like S&S shakes, and hate Exante ones... and I don't *do* bars... or the replacement meal things, although they sound interesting! Apart from the egg substitute... that just sounds horrid!!

Anyway, well done on your weight loss so far. Day 7 for me today, first weigh in tomorrow... have managed to stay off the scales all week, so hoping for a nice surprise :)

Omg, you're not a freak. The way I see it, whatever works for you is good! I think probably living on shakes only for an extended period of time might not be ideal (I mean, it could get kinda constipating?) and, also, maybe boring? When I first did CWP a few years back, I had shakes only for the first two weeks and by the end of them I was ready to chew my own arm off just so I could have something solid to put in my mouth. Err, you might feel differently but I would definitely recommend mixing things up a bit - I mean, try a few meals, and a few bars, you never know?

So are you saying you have a bob now or you’ll get that at 12 stone?

Sorry, I was rambly about hair :) My bob will come at 12 stone as treat/celebration of me being merely overweight instead of clinically obese. O halcyon day! Currently I have a shoulder length layered thing which is very generic but a huge improvement in general because I look moderately groomed instead of like I hate myself. Which, y'know, progress!

I definitely think you can get short hairstyles that work for short hair (I think soft, with long ... err ... bangs? as Americans would say) but obviously everyone's face is different. Wow. That is the most hilariously obvious I've ever written. Y'know what I mean.

Short hair styles that work for short hair? I’m not the only tired one am I? ;) Did you mean fine hair? Either way, my face shape is not forgiving. I can pull off ultra short, blunt bangs, I can pull off the morticia look, I can pull of wild colours. For some reason I can’t do curly and I definitely can’t do short but our differences is what make us great, right? That’s my story and I’m sticking with it.

Looking forward to seeing this new ‘do’ when the time comes 👍 It’s great that your confidence, and dare I say it, self-worth, is building.

Short hair styles that work for short hair? I’m not the only tired one am I?

Omg, I must have been drunk. Haahahah. I think I meant for fine hair.

And thank you for the support - I know I still have a loooooong way to go but it's already made such a difference. Also it feels good to take care of your body instead of just, y'know, abusing it. So yay.

I'm feeling pretty bouncy after a lowish week last week.

I cut my walking down to 2 miles a day instead of 4 (i.e. my walk to work and back is now half a bus journey) because even though I still have plenty of fat to burn clearly my body isn't up to that much exercise just at the moment. I think the thing about weight loss is that it tends to go through weird peaks and troughs, not just in terms of losses-per-week but in terms of how much energy you have relative to how much fat you're carrying. So I'm hoping for another ketosis-based energy surge when I get down a bit lower.

I also realised that I didn't write up my adventures in the Exante fajitas, which I'm sure you're all desperate for. I've tried to make them twice now and both times ended up with something completely unlike a fajita. The first time, I think I went too thick and ended up with this flabby doughy-tasting monstrosity. And the second time I managed to roll that muthafucker super thin by using clingfilm (that's my top tip, btw, because the dough is incredibly sticky and does not roll well). Except what emerged from the pan after that was a kind of ... weird crisp?

Which led to the world's saddest looking fajita:

20180530_180441.jpg

Ouch. I laughed so hard when I saw that poor bastard thing. I should send it to Exante so they can use it in their advertising.

Taste-wise it was ... eh? The weird crisp was vaguely reminiscent of a taco maybe? And I find the chicken-flavoured gunge you put inside incredibly salty. Is that just me? Also I think my body has been so deprived of anything remotely resembling a carbohydrate for so long that each time I've eaten one of the fajitas I've felt a bit bloated and stomach-uncomfortable afterwards.

Also even though the fajita is as hunger-satisfying as any other product ... and should be more so than a shake and is definitely bigger than a bar ... I have a kind of psychological disappointment with them. I mean, a hefty cup of shake or a bowl of weird Exante noodles somehow feelings more convincing to me as a meal than a lone fajita stuck in the wasteland of a plate.

So ... yeah. I would give fajitas a 3.5 maybe? I do enjoy the hilarious crafting adventure of making them and wondering what the hell you are going to end up with at the end. But eating them is not so great for me.

Hello!!

I have just read through your diary and I have legit been in hysterics - you are absolutely hilarious :p

I started CWP in July last year after ballooning to 15st 13lb (from my “normal weight” of 9st 7lb although I don’t even know what that is anymore!!).... I subsequently did CWP and Lipotrim on and off with some fluctuations and maintenance in between..... (I could have been at my target by now had I been fully committed and taken it more seriously opposed to intermittently starving myself and eating crap *sigh*)....

Anyway here I am again....I am almost through my 3rd week of Lipotrim.... started at 12.6 / currently 11.10 and hoping to get to, or as close to 11st with this last stint! I can’t keep doing this to myself 😩😩 I have just over 2 more weeks of full Lipotrim before a week of refeed and then I’ll be starting Slimming World to lose the last 1.5 stone.

I have also dabbled with Exante; please find a summary of my ratings denoted below;

Black Bean - [not sure if this has been discontinued? I’d be very disappointed to hear such if this is the case]. 4.5 all day long.

Dhal - rather enjoyable. Solid rating of 4

Apple Custard/Crumble - absolutely delightful and definitely a 4

Strawberry Delight - Delightful at first and then not so much with the aftertaste, consequently coming in at a 3/3.5 depending on state of hunger

Gooey caramel cake thing - [cannot recall the official name]. Highly offensive to ones taste buds and entirely inedible (it quite literally made me gag with the overwhelming urge to throw it back up in the bin]. AVOID AT ALL COSTS. -2

Thai Green Curry - rating fluctuates between a 2/3, again depending on state of hunger

Do you know, that fajita doesn’t look half bad. When I made mine I’m pretty sure I divided the mix to get two. Then it looked more desirable in the plate. I have five more sachets to try (as I had to use additional flour from one to stop stickiness). Might take then to my Dad’s tomorrow and have a whirl. He’s a great chef and may have ideas although I’ll have to stop him from adding anything! I think I’ll take a pizza along too as we’ll be there for long enough. I take it you won’t be purchasing said item again? I probably wouldn’t purely for the faff. I’m so lazy!

On the exercise front, it’s best you do what’s right for you. It’s unlikely you would have opted for walking before at all so the mindset is still right. You’ll feel stronger and fitter in no time! 💪🏻

14st 4lb this week - which is a 2lb loss. I'd say "only" but that feels way ungrateful. Any loss is good.

I realise it's a little out of date, but that fajita looks pretty awesome to me. You've got crispy brown bits - mine don't generally get those (probably too focussed on eating to wait for them!). But then again, I still love the strawberry yoghurt bars too...

Yes, the chicken stuff is very very salty, but I find all the savoury meals on Exante really salty. I do put something into the fajita when I have it - cucumber or pepper or lettuce - something to give it a crunch without too many calories, and it really does help it feel a bit more like food.

And perhaps I should have been less enthusiastic about them so as not to raise expectations - it doesn't taste like a fajita, but it's nice to have something that you have to bit properly into - so much of the food is baby food texture, so I like the fact that this one is actually chewable. And, like GymBunnie, I water it down a bit and make two, as it is psychologically more food.

Bring on the 13s! I know you'll see them very soon! :)

I realise it's a little out of date, but that fajita looks pretty awesome to me. You've got crispy brown bits - mine don't generally get those (probably too focussed on eating to wait for them!). But then again, I still love the strawberry yoghurt bars too...

Yes, the chicken stuff is very very salty, but I find all the savoury meals on Exante really salty. I do put something into the fajita when I have it - cucumber or pepper or lettuce - something to give it a crunch without too many calories, and it really does help it feel a bit more like food.

And perhaps I should have been less enthusiastic about them so as not to raise expectations - it doesn't taste like a fajita, but it's nice to have something that you have to bit properly into - so much of the food is baby food texture, so I like the fact that this one is actually chewable. And, like GymBunnie, I water it down a bit and make two, as it is psychologically more food.

Bring on the 13s! I know you'll see them very soon! :)

They are all very salty but there's something about the the fajita stuff I find extra salty - it's not helped, I suspect, that the pub I walk past on the way to work every damn morning has a huge picture of sizzling pub-style fajita right outside. One of my greatest weaknesses when I was not on a diet was crap pub food so that advert feels like it's personally taunting me. I haven't dared break diet except for a weekly 100ml of almond milk but I do think the chicken stuff is crying out for something to give it crunch and maybe some chilli flakes.

Although: as of this morning I am exactly 14st!!

Which is quite a leap from last week which was 14st 4lb. I did get on and off the scales several times, on the assumption they were telling me lies. But they did showed 14st several times so I'm gonna take it.

Thank you! I'm honestly a bit surprised. Maybe I just had a lucky scales day!

I am having a good diet day!

I know I'm still 14st which is still massively in the red on the NHS BMI scale. But it is soooo much better than being 16st!

I can genuinely see the difference, in my face and in my body, and my enormous clothes are now somewhat too enormous for me. I mean, I'm obese, don't get me wrong, but less obese is super exciting right now.

I'm also remembering the incredibly miserable summer I had last year - barely able to function in the heat, sweating buckets, and feeling beyond crap all the time.

But right now, I actually feel okay! yay!

Yay for a good diet day! Remembering the times at heavier weights can really set in stone why you’re doing what you’re doing and how much better you feel.

When I was at my biggest, I made a list of all the things I hated about being the size I was and started to tick them off as they were no longer a problem. It feels like an age since I struggled to wipe my own backside - yes, that was a thing! And also the times when my body would act as a bath size plug and then the day I could feel water moving around me - awesome milestones.

Sometimes, looking back at the previous weeks loss isn’t enough. Going back to the start in terms of weight and NSV achievements is a bigger realisation of how well we’ve done.

Congrats on where you are right now because it means you aren’t where you were! You’re doing great, even with the bad days :)

Wondering whether I may have over-reacted to the previous lack of cookies 'n' cream bars on the Exante site:

20180628_123914.jpg

Yes, I've basically committed to ordering boxes of 50 of my favourites since it means I won't have to think about stuff for a while.

It does, however, mean I'm sitting here surrounded by a teetering jenga of diet products like a crazy lady.

Back