Vlcd vs atkins

Discussion in 'Very Low Calorie Diets' started by deepu, 22 October 2011 Social URL.

1. deepu

deepu Member

Hi guys,which of these you think is easy to follow,and gives best results

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Depends who you ask. I'd say a VLCD but then I've never done Atkins. On a VLCD you'll lose around a stone a month

4. leedsforever

leedsforever Silver Member

Start Weight:
    18st5lb
    Current Weight:
    11st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    6st9lb(36.19%)
    Diet:
    Calorie Counting / Low carb
    VLCD! I can't see how you would get all the nutrients you need etc from Atkins diet! At least with VLCD you know your exactly getting what you need! My sis did Atkins and really suffered at the start! Also I think if the dieters problem is their relationship with food (which it most often is) Giving the dieter the chance to eat all that food ... Hmmm :-/ but however someone else may enlighten me and I've got atkins all wrong lol! X

aug 2008- 18 st 5 lb 17/10/11- 12 st 13

5. Fuffs

Fuffs This is really the time!

Start Weight:
    26st13lb
    Current Weight:
    22st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st6lb
    Lost(%):
    4st6lb(16.45%)
    Diet:
    VLCD
    I love Atkins, but my body does not love it anymore :( Finished 6 days of it last Friday and moved back onto meal replacement Saturday. My body now feels a lot less under pressure.

So I would say both are great, I am able to lose weight on both, but I have to follow what my body wants from now on x

6. bakedalaska

bakedalaska Member

Start Weight:
    11st13lb
    Current Weight:
    10st7.4lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st5.6lb(11.74%)
    Atkins for up to a couple of weeks is a good way to ease into VLCD. You get into ketosis while being able to eat unlimited food. The hunger pangs at the start can be managed by eating yet another chicken drumstick :)

When your hunger drops, which it will, it is much easier to move onto the soups & shakes.

Even a couple of days of low carb eating makes a VLCD much much easier.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.