Vlcd vs atkins

Depends who you ask. I'd say a VLCD but then I've never done Atkins. On a VLCD you'll lose around a stone a month

VLCD! I can't see how you would get all the nutrients you need etc from Atkins diet! At least with VLCD you know your exactly getting what you need! My sis did Atkins and really suffered at the start! Also I think if the dieters problem is their relationship with food (which it most often is) Giving the dieter the chance to eat all that food ... Hmmm :-/ but however someone else may enlighten me and I've got atkins all wrong lol! X

aug 2008- 18 st 5 lb 17/10/11- 12 st 13

I love Atkins, but my body does not love it anymore :( Finished 6 days of it last Friday and moved back onto meal replacement Saturday. My body now feels a lot less under pressure.

So I would say both are great, I am able to lose weight on both, but I have to follow what my body wants from now on x

Atkins for up to a couple of weeks is a good way to ease into VLCD. You get into ketosis while being able to eat unlimited food. The hunger pangs at the start can be managed by eating yet another chicken drumstick :)

When your hunger drops, which it will, it is much easier to move onto the soups & shakes.

Even a couple of days of low carb eating makes a VLCD much much easier.

Back