V's Diary

Hi katierose, I'm on day 1....done ok as kept busy. Had a pack for brekky, dropped my car off for servicing (who charges £370 for a basic service??!!! Thieving....erm won't be rude), then had to walk home (I refused the courtesy car), then up to the gym for an hour (an ex-army guy is training with me i.e. helping me), then walked into town, and back, and then back to the garage for my car, and now I'm resting before I make my lunch. This is excellent news for me, as it means I have 2 packs to go at 3:45pm - so I can have one at 4pm and one at 8:30pm when I start to get ravenous. Bring on day 2. Gym again with that guy tomorrow too so ketosis should kick in by end of tomorrow I reckon, or start of day 3. Which VLCD are you doing? I think they are fantastic diets - difficult, but worthwhile if you can sort out your eating habits while doing them. You can do it this time, I'm sure you have the willpower, as re-starting these diets is often the worst part.

V

Hi V x
I did alot of research on the web and I ve tried CD before but couldnt really afford it at the moment, So I get my packs from Avid, There is alot of choice so it s working for me, I ve been told the packs are very similar to Exante nutrionally etc and I did research it before buying, The good news is I like them all :D
Well done you for going to the gym i ve also joined a local gym and try & go 4 times a week hoping it will help with the weight loss :D
We can do this V xxx

Yeah I couldn't really afford a VLCD just now - just finishing off 2.5 weeks of packs - then will go onto my unfinished Diet Chef packs (31 days worth)! I did have more Exante packs, but sold them on Ebay (at a loss!) as didn't want to be on VLCD long term, more for a half to 2/3 of a stone kick start. I've heard of Avidlite, if that's what you're on. Sounds ok, and comparable in cost if you don't want bumper packs from Exante. I'm sure you will stay on track...and it would be great to compare 1st week losses on Avid and Exante (my results will just be 3 days after yours). One thing about the gym - whenever I've done gym while on a vlcd, it has never increased my weight loss, but rather just had no influence - I do it more for fitness so that I feel better and can maintain the loss once I've got nearer goal. Hoping to do aqua-aerobics soon :)

Am going to the gym more for fitness really x My blood pressure was high two years ago but is now normal :D So I know Im carrying exessive weight but one thing that I have been doing regularly is exercise and I can honestly say now once I ve done my workout :character00115: i feel much better.. I cycle 7-8 miles which I could nt do before (at the gym I mean as part of my work out)
Course I'll keep you updated on my weight loss xx

Wow@7-8miles! That's fab! More importantly, that's amazing that you've brought down your blood pressure to normal through healthy living. Look forward to the update :)

V

Real inspiring diary hun! Saw you comment on a thread I was following.. Interesting that the gym doesnt affect your weight loss- I did it once this week and felt awful (just finished week one on exante) and I also had a smaller weight loss than everyone around me- 4lbs even though I was totally 100%.. I'm going to read through your diary in totality in a bit- been trying to do it with some of the other girls and its taking forever but there are some juicy bits of advice and it feels so good seeing someone reach their goal- bet you feel loads better for how far youve come, well done! =) Xx

Hi Quirky, thanks for your very kind words! Stuff like this keeps me going. About the gym, I don't think it has had an effect, but my weight loss has averaged 3 to 3 1/4 lbs a weeks, when others has been higher - so perhaps it has brought down my weight loss very slightly. I've not done it ever without the exercise so hard to compare it for myself (as everyone's different). I like to think it hasn't affected me as I think exercise keeps me feeling happy and healthy. 4lbs is fab by the way! Really - if I lose that much by next Thursday then I will be really happy :D I know it can be difficult on here being happy at 4, when some people are losing up to a stone in wk 1 - I know I get a bit....frustrated, but then I remember that it's about 5.5 lbs less than what I would have been if I had kept on with my usual diet (yes I easily can put on 1.5lbs in a week!). Good luck on your journey - I think you'll do fab. One tip is, even if you do go off track, stay on here and keep posting, because it's so much easier to get back on track when you're on here, than when you've pushed yourself away from here and put it to the back of your mind. Of course, I'm sure you won't slip up anyhow :)

Wise words V x
As I totally agree that to keep posting on here is the way forward, I also find reading all the different diaries very helpful and motivating..
Day 5 for me.. and the weekend ahead but I want a good result Mon so will stay focused :D
Have a good day x
Hello to Quirky to :D

Wise words V x
As I totally agree that to keep posting on here is the way forward, I also find reading all the different diaries very helpful and motivating..
Day 5 for me.. and the weekend ahead but I want a good result Mon so will stay focused :D
Have a good day x
Hello to Quirky to :D

Haha katierose I'm good at giving advice, but I know I disappear when I'm being bad! Next time, I'll try my best not to! (Hopefully I won't be bad in the first place). Keep on track, I'm looking forward to hearing from you on Monday!

I've had a rather busy day today, been to the gym and done 45 mins cardio, 45 mins weights, and then did aqua-aerobics for an hour. I am officially pooped. Thinking I may be due an extra meal today, as I've done a fair bit more than I thought I would (would have worked off at least about 1250cals in exercise). Had my evening "meal" at 4pm when I got home (couldn't wait) so will see how starving I feel by 7pm or so.

Keep up the good work people :) xx

Arghhhhh I hate it when this happens. I went to a leaving party to take my mind off eating at home, and everyone knew I was on a diet and couldn't eat anything, but they kept on offering me foods constantly even when I said no, and I've now eating 4 pieces of sushi, and a piece of carrot, on top of my 603 calories of VLCD. I'm so annoyed at myself, and so frustrated that people aren't more supportive

Panic over - I've lost weight overnight - that's 3lbs in 2 days! I think the exercise yesterday got rid of anything I ate very quickly!

And again, I had some veg yesterday (a little) but I've still lost - down 4.4lbs now (3 days into week 1). I know I shouldn't weigh every day, but it keeps me going to see even a bit of a loss.

Well done to you V :D
I fell off the wagon spectacularly :break_diet::break_diet:but Have started again today x
I also weigh myself every day I can do this.. x

You can do this :) Glad to hear from your diary that you're back up and running again.

I'm doing well - falling off in minor ways only, which is fine. Official weigh in day tomorrow. Can't wait to see how week 1 went!

Lost 7.7lbs!!! I know week 1 on the diet properly will be a lot of water weight going, but still, I feel great :)

V

Hi V x:D
Well done you!! Thats a fab loss.. I will keep going and my weigh day is Monday.. but am 5.2 pounds so far as you know I also weigh myself every day x

You're doing brilliant :) I'm still losing weight, but had an extra meal today on top of my packs (200cals high protein, low carb). Little anxious about the scales tomorrow, but hoping it's ok, as I'm going to the gym/swim for an hour if I can manage it tonight.

How's your 4 time a week of exercise going? I'm finding it a bit tough going in the gym/swim while I'm doing the VLCD :/

V

Hi V x
How you doing? How did your weigh in go? I think the gym is helping me, I'm alright once I get there, I ve found something I enjoy doing which is cycling so im up to 8.5 miles and am hoping it will help with keeping loose skin to a min:D
Did you have a good weekend?? x

Hi V x
How you doing? How did your weigh in go? I think the gym is helping me, I'm alright once I get there, I ve found something I enjoy doing which is cycling so im up to 8.5 miles and am hoping it will help with keeping loose skin to a min:D
Did you have a good weekend?? x

Hi :) I'm doing ok thanks. Keep falling off diet but stick to high protein low carb and it seems to be doing me little harm. It's great you manage at the gym once you get there - I'm wiped out within 20mins. Just another 25 VLCD meals (8 days and a meal today) and I'm back to eating again for my conference - hoping for at least 1kg (2.2lbs) in that time. Weekend was stressful - furniture going into the new house (me lugging a 2 seater sofa up stairs) but the house is really starting to take shape - very exciting! :)

How's life been for you, apart from this diet? It's easy on here to forget that people have lives outside the diet! (or is it just me who gets preoccupied by diet talk?)

V x

Hi V x
To be honest this diet takes over my life lol.. So I accept that my social life is on hold for the time being.. just till I get things under control again.. :D So it s work.. gym... Tv.. Bed lol.. x
How much more weight do you want to lose? And how are things going for you outside the diet x

Back