V's Diary

Hungry, hungry, hungry, need to hold out till at least 5pm. It's frustrating because usually if I'm hungry I can just go for a walk, or if it's after 8:30, go to bed early, but while I'm on a tight study schedule, I can't afford the time. 43mins to go...

V

I managed that day, although gave in not long after. Sticking to low-ish carbs and high protein though so it's not so bad. I think I'm going to allow myself a couple of meals per week where I have a meal like that, so I don't crave it so much as if it's forbidden. It's been a difficult week emotion wise (with the partner) but I've been doing ok-ish. Revision is suffering because of it though, need to pull myself together. I can't afford to fail after giving up a full time job and paying full fees without loan to be here. I've invested a hell of a lot to fall at the first hurdle. In better news, I tried on some clothes, and even though most of the size 18s didn't fit, my black cargos (also size 18) did fit. Strange that the jeans are from the same company but don't fit but it's maybe the amount of give in jeans isn't always as generous as in cargos. Anyhow, I'm really happy about that, as I feel if I'm getting into one pair of 18s then it's likely I'm heading towards getting into them all in the next 2-4weeks :) I also fit back into my fave pj bottoms which I'm happy about. Weigh in tomorrow, will update then,

V

Lost just short of 6lbs :) Very happy with that, although I know some will be water weight from it being my first week using up my Exante packs. Also walked (tiny bit would have been jogging on treadmill) over 42miles last week. That's over 201miles in 5 weeks holidays. And 11miles cycling. I'm very proud of that. I'm a bit surprised losing 1stone3.5pounds has taken 5 weeks with so much exercise and so much dieting, as a lot of people would lose that amount in that time without the exercise. Still, I'm happy that I'm getting fitter :)

Last edited:
Hi dreamer

I just wanted to say congratulations on your weight loss :D That's a fantastic loss for a week. You're also right to be glad that you're getting fitter, the amount of miles you're doing is fantastic and I'll bet that you're gaining quite a bit of muscle doing all of that exercise too. Did you ever try the tape measure?

davedavedave, main exam's on Wednesday, will be looking it out after that! :) thank you for the congrats :) Hope you're doing well too!

V

Hi x
Congratulations on the weight loss Fantastic :D:D and good luck for your exam on Wed x

Woohoo, my shoes have been dispatched, due to arrive Thursday. Will need to be good and not wear them till goal (probably 7-8 days later)! Obviously, I'll need to try them on to see if they fit hehe :D

What are your shoes like? x:D I love shoes :)

Hehe well I'm quite active so they're mainly that. I got one pair of black toggle boots which I really like, and I think will look good with my jeans. I got a pair of new gym trainers. I got some walking boots, and I got trekking shoes that look quite nice with jeans too. I'm not one for really expensive stuff....I just buy loads instead! (I got a huge discount). I'm quite a strict vegetarian, so I was trying to transition to non-leather footwear so I had to order online (and ordering online means more you buy, the less postage....that's my excuse for buying 4 pairs anyhow!) :) They should be here tomorrow :)

Confession :/

Well, I fell off the wagon royally yesterday. I would blame my exam (yesterday morning) but I know it'd be a lie....I just went for drinks, had diet coke, then came home starving (or feeling that way, as I tend to about midnight). I ate tonnes of carbs! 80g of dried very sweet fruits raisings, mangos, etc (it probably would have been about 2 mangos, 20 strawberries, 8 plums, 20g nuts, and 2 handfuls of golden raisins, and a handful of jumbo raisins. Then I thought stuff it and went for a whole tin of rice pudding. Oh and then I thought, might as well go for the chilli chocolate!

Then my shoes arrived today, and I remembered I'm not to wear them till I hit 200lbs or less. I did think of just wearing them anyhow (I love the black boots, although am about 2 inches taller in them which I'm not used to) but I will hold out. I better get back on track!

V

Hi x
It sounded like it was all nutritious things that you ate :D We all have our bad days so put it behind you, today will be better x
Well I will be buying new trainers and I d love a pair of boots to wear with jeans (I dont own any jeans at the moment due to my size ) but that will be something to look forward to :D
Your only a few pounds off so you ll be wearing your new boots before you know it
Have a good day xxx

I'm sure you'll be in jeans in no time. I found that down till size 20 (inclusive) it was hard to find anything that looked like it had a nice cut or design, but from size 18 down it's much better. I'm just about to fit into 18s in the next couple of weeks I think, so I'm pretty happy about that :)

I cheated with the new shoes hehe (2 of them) however, I have to keep being good now or I'll feel extra guilty! I told myself it's a reward for managing jogging 25mins in a row on the treadmill the day before yesterday (jogged 40mins in an hour, of which 25 were continuous). I really want to be able to do 30mins, and build up to 45, but it seems like it might not be far off now :)

Hope everyone else is doing well :)

V

I went to the gym today, jogged 25mins out of my hour on the treadmill, and I did a power plate induction. It was so odd, even my nose was vibrating! I don't know if it really works or not, but time will tell. I'll start using it, just for 10 mins 3 times a week. I'm a bit disappointed with myself diet-wise though. I haven't been having the soups, just making good healthy vlcd choices. I know I need to start taking the packs again for nutrition. I think it'll be easier from Monday when I'm back to uni full time, as then at least breakfast, I have to just have it and go, so I'm not tempted by all the food about. Then lunch time I don't really mind having high protein low carb. Not sure how to get on track with dinner again...I might try 1 day out of every 2 to start with, and the other I'll have a low carb meal. I'm also about to have a packet of wotsits. I don't know why! I'm not even hungry...I just want it. It's got 10g of carbs although with what I've eaten today and how much I've exercised, this shouldn't take me out of ketosis. It is rather unnecessary though. Still going to have it...

Hi x
Hope your wellx Wow you are doing so well with the exercise :D You are inspiring me to get myself in gear, my first step is rejoining the gym..
Speak soon
xxx

Thanks katierose :) The gym is great once you get back into it.

I've weighed in now, and loss is 3.5lbs for last week. I'm happy with that if I can keep it up (well, at least 8lbs over the next 3 weeks). I went back to uni today, studied for an hour before, went to the gym, then made it to first class for 10am. Just got back at 5:20pm. Feels like a long day of learning, but very productive. Can't wait to Thurs 6pm so I'm finished all of last semester's exams :) Meant to have a night out tonight, but have to study for exam...still weighing up :/

Decision

I've made an important decision in my diet journey. The urge to cheat has truly caught up with me, and I feel I need a break from packs. I still have 77 packs, but I will come back to using them when I am back in the right frame of mind for them. I got a voucher for Diet Chef and decided to go for that for a while. I still won't particularly need to think about food, because the diet comes with breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snacks pre-prepared. (If anyone here is wanting a Diet Chef discount, my code is MYDIFIFD). It's a 5 week hamper, but minimum is 2 orders, so I will have 10 weeks supply, starting from Tuesday coming. I might do 5 weeks, then go back to Exante for 2-3weeks, then back to Diet Chef for the 2nd hamper. I will wait and see, but I do feel moving to Diet Chef for a while is the right decision for me.

Good luck with Diet Chef x Let me know how you get on :D

Hi Katie :) How are you doing? I fell right off track with my diet (while waiting on my diet chef packs) and have only just got back on board Tuesday this week. In the meantime I put on 5lbs coming of Exante, which is pretty much gone or will be in the next couple of days. Diet Chef is really good, because I feel I have a full meal, but the packs aren't very calorific, meaning I can adds loads of snacks. I just need to be careful as I don't think I can be good in not eating way too much in the long term yet...so after a few weeks I'll be going back onto Exante to finish my packs! In other news, I completed my first Parkrun 5k event, and completed it in 37mins 47secs. I wasn't impressed with the people who made me keep going at the time, but I should be thanking them really! Exercise has been going really well in general :)

In other news, I get exam results tomorrow, and it sounds like a high proportion of people (20%) have failed, and I'm one of the weaker students in that subject. Not looking forward to tomorrow...and have to make sure it doesn't through my health kick off track!

V

Back