Waiting for ketosis isnt funny - Im in agony

Starlight

Gold Member
Im at the freezing cold stage, which I can live with but my hands are like ice.

Unfortunately I suffer from severe trapped nerves in both elbows and when Im cold my hands hurt. Im so blooming cold my hands are in absolute agony, so much so Ive had to take pain killers.

I wouldnt go through this for any other diet, but if ketosis doesnt come soon, I might cry :cry:

Just wanted a moan :(

Oh no sorry to hear you are in pain,starlight, have you tried hugging a hot water bottle or a mug of tea to help warm your hands up? I am sure ketosis is setting in which is good and just keep thinking of those scales, hope you feel better soon x

Agree with above sounds like its kicking in :) sending lots of hugs (((( ))) it be worth it once it kicks in. Xxxxx

Hi Starlight,
I've been on the diet for 2.5 weeks now - bad taste in mouth all the time, so ketosis assumed after about 4 days. I tend not to use the skimmed milk allowance or the veg, as they are all 'undesirable' except mushrooms. I do the sliced cold chicken occasionally as a treat. I have not really felt cold........ maybe it is not everyone.

Sorry to hear of your aches and pains. It is good to moan! Hope you feel better/are in ketosis soon.

Sad that I am, black coffee and coke zero are a nice tasty treat!

Hope you're feeling better soon-I'm totally with u on the cold hands thing! They're both like ice blocks! Don't think Matt is going to be impressed-he hates cold hands and feet anywhere near him and always gets really stroppy if I have cold toes in bed, cos the way I snuggle up to him means my feet steal the heat from his knees!!! Ha ha!! Altho bizarrely my feet are ok x

any joy yet????

Back