Wales Daily Diary...

Wales, well done - 12.9! fantastic!
I'm back on SS properly with you this week with my tail between my legs!!
The garden plans sound good too! xx

You are doing great, have just had a quick zoom through your diary as have been too busy at work to be on here much. Soon be the summer and will have to cut the grass again....sigh! x

Oh my god Wales, theres just no stopping you. You're keeping the rest of us hopeful! Can't believe how quick its dropping off you, bet you feel amazing xx

Go, go, go!!! You are our cheerleader right now... big hugs and well done honey!

xxx

Phew, very busy day at work, only just got in. Have pounding headache from too much coffee. Just had soup, and will have shake shortly.

Scales said 12.8 this morning, which has gone up to 12.11 this evening. But will take whatever it is, under 13!

Tasted little bits of the sauce of the freezer meals I made yesterday. You can get so paranoid that a lick of a bolognaise spoon can derail you!

Clothes are feeling better, I am feeling better, and I am just about to order another full week of CD goodies.

Big hugs to all on here, it is hard, the real life bit. That is why I am really enjoying the break from choice at the moment. Just another way to bury your head in the sand I guess!!!

Big hugs to all on here, it is hard, the real life bit. That is why I am really enjoying the break from choice at the moment. Just another way to bury your head in the sand I guess!!!

Oh yes, my head's well and truly buried as well! Hope your headache is better and definitely take the lower weight, mine flucuates wildly from morning to night, but the morning weight is always right! :D x

You ok Wales? Just catching up and I see you aren't on parade...You mustn't disappear, you are my lucky talisman....I'm following you and your SS journey! xx ' I can do it too. like Wales.'

Am here. Am shattered! Had an emergency phone call to go check in on in-laws dog as they thought he might've had a stroke. But he was ok, ish. He is getting on in age and has joint problems, and possible kidney problems, so everyone is a little nervous at the moment!

Work is v. busy, so much going on. At least it keeps me busy during the day.

But diet is going ok. Sticking with it. Weigh in tomorrow night, a day early. How are you doing Bess? I read your comments earlier about choice, removing choice and restricting choice. I really wonder why I can stick to SS, no problems, but can't stick to a meal plan/ calorie limit. I like your idea of apportioning food, like packs, and making it last - I might try that.

Am so pooped I can hardly keep my eyes open, so won't be long until bed.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Well done for sticking to the diet! It's so hard but worth it in the end (I just keep forgetting this bit)!

Oh and glad the doggie is OK!

Night Night!

But diet is going ok. Sticking with it. Weigh in tomorrow night, a day early. How are you doing Bess? I read your comments earlier about choice, removing choice and restricting choice. I really wonder why I can stick to SS, no problems, but can't stick to a meal plan/ calorie limit. I like your idea of apportioning food, like packs, and making it last - I might try that.

I'm thinking things through that's all and trying to plan and learn more for when I start maintenance properly.....All ok though thanks today, even though I have cooked supper and chopped up a pineapple for them all for pud! So much for me not cooking meals. Headlong rush for me, it's the only way I can do it. Worried about the next bit though......

Sorry about the dog scare.....horrid when they get old and frail....you love them so.....
xx

I had a dog with similar probs Wales, her hips were really sore and would give way suddenly. She was a retired racing greyhound & I think she found the indignity hard... the vet gave her a syrup to be added to food morning & night for pain relief. She was happy, though, a lot of the time... and always greeted me with a wagging tail every morning, until the end. They can still have a quality of life, but so sad to see them getting frail.

xxx

Ho hum. Poor old doggy was put to sleep this evening :cry: He had another painful attack this evening so they took him to vet who said probably bowel or stomach problems, and really wouldn't know without investigations and probably an op. On the advice of the vet they did the kind thing. Just very sad, he was a lovely little guy full of cuddles and affection.

Weigh in also this evening, 12.11 meaning 4lbs since last week, of course am pleased but thought it might've been one or two more. BUT 11lbs in two weeks is superb, so am pleased.

And third in this news bulletin, we went to the ivf clinic this aft for apt after a little hiccup in proceedings before Christmas. We go back two weeks tomorrow for a(nother) nurse consultation and then fingers crossed will start within the next month. The nurse started mentioning April/ May for treatment and for once I stood up for us and said that given all that had gone on in the last year and the previous 4 years, I thought that this would mean more like June/ July. That we had been promised in August treatment before Christmas, which was pushed out to Jan/ Feb. I know we caused a little pause but... Anyhow she agreed and set up an apt for a fortnights time. Me being me, did apologise at the end of the apt if I came across too strong, but she was fine! Also, the consultant who saw us first had seen us about 3 years ago and was the person who wrote the letter with the incorrect BMI in it. She fessed up that it was her, and apologised and said she couldn't understand why she had written it, as she knew the BMI protocols etc. Am very glad she accepted the mistake and it does help.

All in all, a busy day but I feel more awake than I have all week. Think stress was causing me to shut down and fall asleep.

So, having another apt in a couple of weeks I am going onto SS+ tomorrow until the weekend and then up to 810. I feel so much better being this 11lbs lighter. It is amazing when I think back that the first two weeks on CD last year I lost 18lbs and couldn't really feel the difference.

So am going to need to take my SS determination with me, and I know I can rely on my Minis pals for support.

Life eh, never just one thing at a time is it

xxx

Wales, so sad for poor wee dog.

Yay for your weigh in though, & for being assertive and getting apps set up so soon... will keep everything crossed honey, so exciting.

xxx

What a day! So sorry about the dog...

Brilliant on losing 11lbs in 2 weeks though - fantastic and such great news about the IVF appt. and on being assertive - go Wales! xxx

You ok Sweetie?

YAY on getting an appointment so soon! I'm rubbish at being assertive (although funnily enough v. good at it here at work) but will be firm if I really feel strongly about something - makes you feel really good doesn't it.

So sorry about the dog! It was no doubt the right thing to do, but that doesn't make it any easier!

Hope you're having a good day!

Am ok, am here. Am just very tired after work so I have a quick check up on all, make a couple of comments and then fall asleep! Thank goodness it is Friday, lie in tomorrow. Am in quandry (again) about plan to follow, I want to see losses but know I need to eat right for treatment, I know we have apt in two weeks but I don't know when we actually start, could be a month could be two, like back in September and here we are...... I am confused, again. Sigh

What plan do they suggest for the treatment? With 1200 you'd still see a good loss, maybe 2lb a week if you stuck to it? It is a very do-able plan, too, I loved it when I was doing it sometime in Nov/Dec, it fits well with everyday life.

Hope you get a chance to relax & unwind this weekend, big hugs.

xxx

Well you need to tailor your diet to whatever it needs to be for your optimum health under these circumstances... can you ask someone?

As long as you are within the weight range for treatment then the last few lbs can wait until later can't they?

Have a good rest over the weekend...:hug99:

Back