Walkers Salt and Shake Crisps - without the salt!!!

Debz1809

I ♥ SW!
I have just put the syn values into the calculator online and it says these are 1.5 syns!!! I ate them and then thought it didnt seem right, typed it into google and it says they are 6.5 syns!!!! HELP :confused::confused::confused: x

sounds like you selected a free food for them.

Items like that don't qualify for a free food allowance. So it will be 1 syn for every 20 calories. 6.5 syns sounds about right.

sounds like you selected a free food for them.

Items like that don't qualify for a free food allowance. So it will be 1 syn for every 20 calories. 6.5 syns sounds about right.

I never selected a free food for them, not sure what i done. Can someone help with how to use it please xx

only thing I can think then is that you may of entered the wrong nutritional information by error in one of the boxes or the incorrect weight for the packet.

However as mentioned on my other post, you can just apply 1 syn to every 20 calories for foods like this with no free food allowance.

It might be worth reading through the syns calculator tips, which you will find to the right of the syns calculator on the slimming world website.

these are listed on syns online also:

Salt n Shake Crisps, 24g bag - 6.5 syns on all plans

Salt N Shake Crisps 30g bag
- 8 syns on all plans

The 24g bag is 130 calories, so just divide it by 20 (to apply the 1 syn for every 20 calories) and you get 6.5 syns as shown on syns online

The 30g bag is 162 calories, so divided by 20 as in the 24g bag is 8 syns, again as shown on syns online.

But remember you can only use the dividing calories by 20, when there is NO free food allowance.

Hope that helps.

these are listed on syns online also:

Salt n Shake Crisps, 24g bag - 6.5 syns on all plans

Salt N Shake Crisps 30g bag - 8 syns on all plans

The 24g bag is 130 calories, so just divide it by 20 (to apply the 1 syn for every 20 calories) and you get 6.5 syns as shown on syns online

The 30g bag is 162 calories, so divided by 20 as in the 24g bag is 8 syns, again as shown on syns online.

But remember you can only use the dividing calories by 20, when there is NO free food allowance.

Hope that helps.

Thats great, thanks very much!! So when there is no free food in it so eg alcohol, crisps, bisuits etc - i will just do the per serving calories and divide by 20 then?
U have been a star but no doubt i will continue to ask questions lol.
What happens then if it is like packets of cold meat or pasta etc, how do i work that out? xXx

if it is stuff like cold meat or pasta or anything with a Free food allowance, then you need to use the syns calculator. But check syns online first, as it may already be listed.

:)

no syns online is on the slimming world website. I am presuming you have access to the site if you have access to the syns calculator.

If you go to your weight loss tools on the slimming world website, then syn tools, you will have 3 options:

• the snackulator - for items with no free food allowance
  • syn online - which lists the syn values of common foods and branded items
  • syns calculator where you can calculate the syns in anything with a free food allowance.

Last edited:
Back