Walking for 5 hours!?!

Shrinking Nicky

Cambridge Diet Counsellor
The family all went for a walk today to the duck pond.....it usually taken about 2 hours....well it took 5 today!

All got ready, the baby was in the pram, DD was going to walk/have her buggy board & the dog was ready to go.

We got half way down the street & Katie (11 weeks) started to cry, so we got to the first park, tied the dog up outside, Ellie & Mark played & I sat down with Katie & a bottle...1st bum change.

Got to District centre, took DD to library toilet. The OH went to boots to get lunch & we all sat down for 40mins to eat!

Carried on walking, needed another bottle stop (by now it was 2pm we left home at 11!)...& another pooey nappy...

Got to the duck pond!!! Fed the duck's & picked up lots of feathers to do pictures......

Started home, DD was shattered by now as she had walked about half the way (it is about 3 miles & she is only 2 & a half), so got Katie out of her pram & into her pappouse (how do you spell it?). Pushed Ellie home with Katie asleep on my front (she is over a stone now)..

Ellie was shattered & was asleep as soon as her head hit the pillow, Katie went up at her bed time....OH fell asleep for an hour earlier, the dog is shattered (he is 11 & has arthritus!) & I am sat here feeling shattered with sunburnt arms (took cream for the girls but not for us & did not realise I had burnt until I was almost home!)

I have just read this & it is almost as epic as our day was!!!

Nicky

Not from Katie, she was just dangling on my front...

But pushing a pram with a buggy board is a mare as you end up with your arms stretched out to reach the handle (especially at the moment as it is set up to have the pram in lying down mode so the board it as far away from the frame as you can get - my shins are covered in bruises as I keep walking into it!)

Nicky

Back