Wannab's Fat-attack! Cruising...although the water's a bit choppy!

Thanks sididd

I am going out shopping today and out on the town tonight, so full of temptations! However I am going to do my very best today and that means no deviating from attack. I couldn't resist hopping on the scales today and they are showing a gain of less than a lb from yesterday, so I'm hopeful that if I stick to it today and tomorrow and set Monday as my goal, that come Monday morning I may have hit another half-stone bracket and this will give me the motivation to carry on.

So action plan for today is: breakfast: gallette, morning shopping - have a coffee with skimmed milk. Lunch: fridge raiders or some equivalent protein product. Tea (as I won't be able to wait until dinner): home-made turkey burgers. Night out: stick to diet coke.

This will hopefully get me through the day! Thanks for all your help and support xx

And IF you have a slip wannabe don't just chuck the rest of the day/diet away get back on track and continue as normal - emotions and a love of food is what made us overweight in the first place and both are easy to overcome if we put our mind to and I have NO doubts that you can do this.............. xx

Heya,

Thanks Trudy for your post - I took your comments on board this weekend and boy did it pay off! Ok, so here's my update for Saturday and Sunday. It's been such a busy weekend this is the first time I've really thought about coming online!

So Saturday, shopping was the best thing I could possibly have done, as it took my mind off food and gave me a focus. I had my gallette with yoghurt beforehand, had a skinny coffee at Starbucks at lunchtime, and then had some chicken breast pieces when I got home. We shopped from 11 til 6 and I then had to be out of the house by 7 to go out for a friend's birthday. I had decided to allow myself a couple of vodka's, but when we got there, they had 2-4-1 cocktails and I couldn't resist!! However I went for drinks with a low/no sugar content (i.e. no fruit juice, no sugar - which was a challenge) and found a couple of lovely drinks which I really enjoyed. I only had a couple and then went back to diet coke for the rest of the night. Had to be up early on Sunday so didn't fancy a "heavy" night, and don't think it would have done me any favours!

Then yesterday (Sunday) I had to be up and out early to get to church as I was helping in the children's work. I had a quick yoghurt before I left. Then I went to my parents' for Sunday lunch. I didn't feel that I wanted to share what I'm doing with them, so I just told them I'm watching my weight (as this would mean they wouldn't offer me seconds or a pudding) when I spoke to them on Thursday to arrange it. However, when I got there, they had done me 4 roast potatoes, some roast parsnip and I just couldn't leave it on my plate as they know how much I love these - it would have attracted attention! So I ate them. And we shared one of those small sponge puddings (that are meant for 1 person) that you microwave, and turned down the ice cream that was offered to go with it.

In perspective, a few pots, parsnips and a couple of spoonfuls of sponge probably isn't the be-all and end-all, but I said to myself that it was significant enough that I'd have to be on my guard for the rest of the day. So when I got home I caught up on all the tv I had recorded over the weekend, and made myself some home-made turkey burgers...which were LUSH! I had enough left to save some for dinner tonight and will have them with some salad :) happy Nikki.

I had decided after my wobble on Friday lunchtime not to weigh myself until Monday (today) and after yesterday's wobble I was almost tempted to put it off again, but decided it was probably no bad thing to have an idea of where I am weight-wise.

This is where it gets interesting.

I lost another 3lbs since Friday! Despite my wobble. I had not expected that at all and am really pleased :D it means I that in my Attack week I lost 12lbs and am now ready to start cruise at a significantly lower weight and BMI than I was only 1 week ago when I started.

It also means I have lost 5% of my body weight and achieved this goal already, and am well on the way to achieving the goal I had set for the end of cruise of having lost 16lbs total after 5 weeks on the diet. Am thinking I may adjust my goals in light of this :) what do you think?

Am so glad I have (semi) stuck to it this weekend as I was wobbling about whether or not to carry on, but seeing the scales this morning has given me the motivation to do Cruise this week and enjoy the variety of the PP/PV plan. Today will be PV as I am going out for lunch to the pub with friends and will probably have some kind of salad or fish dish :)

Thanks for your encouragement, it has really helped me to get here, couldn't have done it alone!

xxx

wannabe all your little slips......your lucky youve lost so much lol come on girl get you head around the Dukan rules, you might not always be so lucky. Fantastic attack loss x keep posting you rebel....lol

I have fallen from grace - loosely sticking to Dukan rules, with occasional carbs. I really don't think this completely no carbs thing is going to be possible long-term for me. I haven't put any weight on, in fact I have continued to lose another lb the last 3 days, but I'm not really happy with the way I'm bending the rules.

Someone I know who has done Dukan suggested I explore WW Simply Filling as an alternative - I have looked into it and think maybe this is a good idea, although I think I would want to be eating proteins as a preference... I'm just a bit confused about what I want. As I said, generally I have been opting for Dukan meals, at least 2 in 3 of my meals are completely Dukan, often 3 out of 3, but then occasionally I will have something with carbs in. I know I need to make my mind up one way or the other, but at this point all I really know is I don't want to be eating no carbs every single day... so I guess maybe Dukan isn't for me.

Arrrgh I am seriously my own worst nightmare!

Good luck with whatever you decide to do thats best for you ;-)

Like you've said wanabe.....this Diet isint for everyone keep posting, let us know what you decide but your losing so alls good, good luck x

I did Simply Filling but it just didn't work for me as I can eat, and eat, and eat, and eat and eat without ever getting 'full' (or recognising that I was full!).

The girls have previously mentioned before that Slimming World red days are a bit like Dukan .... so you might want to take a look at that too?

Good luck with whichever plan you choose; it's all about getting the one that works for each of us.

P x

Thanks so much ladies!

I still haven't decided, but there is a v. small chance I could be preggo I found out today!! :D so am gonna see what happens with that before I decide for sure what to do. For now am sticking to Dukan friendly in the main so I at least maintain what I have lost so far and not gain any back in the meantime. I feel like my waist is slimmer so it's all going ok, I'll have to wait and see....

Wow keep us informed xxx

Re-tested this morning and got my BFP :D :D :bliss: :D :D

Can't believe I'm going to be a mummy!! So excited!

Not sure what to do now, will call my doc on Monday and read some forums over the w/e.

Crazy times!

xxx

Wannabe congratulation and best of luck xxxxxxxxx *massive hugs* xxxxxx

Woooohooooo Wannabeslim! That is fantastic news - remember what it was like when I found out!! As you say crazy times!!! Lots to focus on from now..... I would suggest you go for SW if you are pregnant and just stick to more red days so you limit your carb intake but get a little bit every day in the form of bread/cereal!! I did SW when I was pregnant and managed to stay the same weight until the last couple of months when I put on 7lbs!!! Mind you I did then gain about six stone afterwards!!! Naughty Trudy - sooooo happy for you Huge Congrats!! x

Back