Wannabslim - watchin' the lbs melt away!

Thanks! I've done really well and not skipped any tablets. Didn't take one at lunch but my meal had only 1.1g fat in it so am not too worried (I was in a mega rush to eat before a meeting and didn't even have time to get a glass of water to take the tablet with!).

Was so good last night - went to a pudding party and took my own low fat pudding with me :) it was the best thing I could have done as I was able to participate and had a yummy belgian choc sponge dessert that was less than 3% fat and deeeelish!

Really hoping to see a loss next week but just in case, am also hoping my GP will be understanding if I don't...

Went to the doctors and have lost just over 1kg (2.5lbs to be precise). Am really pleased with that given the stopping and starting last month, and also something the doc said which is very true... Although I have been following the instructions when I've been taking my tablets, on the instructions it says to only take a tablet if eating meals that contain any amount of fat - but at breakfast recently I've only been having a smoothie which has no fat, therefore had not taken a tablet with it. BUT we think this may be causing me to lose weight slower, as I am going from 7pm one evening until around 1pm the following day without a tablet (as after dinner I then wouldn't take another tablet until breakfast but as I'm not taking one with my smoothie I don't take the next tab until lunchtime) and we think that maybe the drug is almost out of my system by the time I take my next tablet which may be decreasing the efficiency of it. Although officially it can take up to 72hrs to fully leave your system, my GP says that in reality it is often far quicker than that (they have to give the maximum time to avoid lawsuits with people sueing if they get side effects). Therefore he has suggested I take a tablet three times a day even if I don't eat with it or eat something with no fat. So I am re-committing to taking the tablets 3 times a day every day, no mucking about, and am hoping that if I do it, next month I'll lose maybe double or even triple the amount I lost this month!

That said, I am really pleased to have lost 2.5lbs as it has been really quite easy and a pleasure to lose! I'm enjoying eating low fat and it works for me. Plus, even if I only lose 2.5lbs a month, that's still 2 stone a year which would get me to my initial goal of 11st and a healthy BMI! Not bad :)

xxx

Any loss is a good loss!! :D

Except for money

well done on the loss, and your dr sounds very nice:)
keep going!!!

your doctor sounds really nice and helpful! be interesting to see how much difference you may have at your next weigh in :)

well done too!!
xoxo

Thanks guys :)

Have been 100% since I saw the doctor and feeling good on it, it's been TOTM so have felt a bit bloated and crappy, but hoping that will be better now that it's all over and done with.

Had a bit of tummy trouble this afternoon, not sure why as I've been following the rules - must be very fat sensitive as I ate the full 15g worth of fat at lunchtime (made a one pot casserole) in the form of chicken and a little in the sauce, but this afternoon...well, let's just say I took immodium before I went out to Christmas choir practice this evening which seemed to do the trick! Very bizarre.

Don't really feel like I've lost anything in the last week but I guess I'll just have to wait 'til my WI to find out. Am trying to think ahead for my friend's birthday party at TGIs at the moment and am panicking as everything there seems to be full of fat, even the salads! Any suggestions?

xx

I never know how to eat healthly when I go out I'm afraid cause I don't like asking for sauces on the side etc :(

Lol well for unexpected reasons I'm no longer able to go to TGIs so that's a bit of a blessing in disguise! I went to a Hungry Horse pub with DH last night and ate 2 slices of bread with some flat mushrooms... mushroom sandwich. Was really yummy :)

Bloating much better now and I can see some inchloss from my body which is very motivating :) hopefully gonna see a good loss this month!

xx

Bloating much better now and I can see some inchloss from my body which is very motivating :) hopefully gonna see a good loss this month!

That's great news :) Bloating can be so de-motivating can't it? Nothing beats that feeling you get when your clothes start feeling looser, and you can see the results of your hard work!
Fingers crossed for a good loss this month :)
x

Thanks hun, yeah it really is! Have cut right back on sugary things this week which I think has helped. Was telling my friend about xenical today and I really do think it has actually started to change me - the way I treat food, the way I feel about myself, my attitude towards losing weight = all much better and healthier now than it was, think this "diet" if you can call it that, is the answer to the last 7 years of my dieting dilemmas!

xx

Hey gang,

Cutting back on sugary stuff is going well and I feel good for it! Am really feeling the love for xenical at the moment and just can't believe I put myself through so many crappy diets before I found it - if I could only have found out about it earlier in my dieting journey I may have saved myself several years of yo-yoing!

Needless to say, it's all going well. Have my next GP appt on 22nd November and am really hoping he's going to have a good result for me this month as am sticking to it to the letter and I do feel that I have lost weight this month too.

I was reflecting today and realised how my diet has become much more balanced and varied since starting xenical and I am enjoying that aspect. I am so glad I went shopping at ASDA last weekend as it's expanded my meal options even more and I am just loving it!

Love, love, LOVE xenical!

Glad it's all going so welk for you :)

how are you going this week love? still really positive?

Weigh in tonight,sorry haven't checked in for a few days. Had a bit of a rough week last week and although I stuck to low fat all week I didn't take my tabs and had a bit of a weekend of eating what I fancied (with a sense of control so I didn't go crazy). Am ill today but have my gp weigh in soon, will leave in about half an hour- am just hoping for a few lbs,that would be fine by me! I'm aiming to lose at least 2-3lbs a month so that by next Sept I will have lost around 30lbs and reached my target. Any more than that I see as a bonus!

xxx

Good luck chick! :)

Back