Wannabslim's Diary - decided not to go to WI

Thanks all so much for your posts, you've really helped me today!

I promise not to get on the scales next week (except WI) and think they may even be dodgy so need to get rid ASAP!!!

Today I went to my parents and they have VERY good scales. So I got on them (having eaten, drunk and in clothes) and was 12.8 on them. At WW I was weighing 12.9. So we shall see what happens on Monday. Am a bit concerned that I have had a few boiled sweets which I hadn't counted so am going to drop back 3 points tomorrow to counterbalance them. I also, having gone through my diary with a fine toothcomb, realise that I may have underestimated my cheese intake, so will be putting aside a further 4 points on Monday towards that. So tomorrow will be a 18 point day and Monday a 17, which is fine and may help me ensure a loss this week.

I have tried to drink lots today, and Lea that challenge sounds good! Have upped my water intake this week and taken a 1l bottle with me each day (have drunk it all most days), in addition to a pint of lemon squash in the morning before work and usually at least 2 more pints in the evening. So I'm getting my minimum daily amount but I guess I could do more and some days I may drink less than that. I have also started drinking decaf this week which may help, and have bought my own milk at work (skimmed) as others use normal coffee with semi-skimmed, and have asked that people use that instead of semi-skimmed for me. I have also cut my coffee down to max. 2 per day. Will be interested to see if that helps.

Have stuck to my points again today, counted everything carefully, even the 2/3 of a standard glass of wine I tasted at the wedding venue's open day this afternoon!

Am hoping that if my mums scales are right, that in another 2 days I might have lost a little more, so I do at least show some kind of loss on Monday.

It made me feel slightly better that when I saw my mum today she said "I can tell you're still losing weight! You are looking really well y'know!", even though she saw me last week and I STS this week she reckons she can see a difference (I didn't tell her I STS till after the compliment and she was surprised). It did wonders for my confidence - she wouldn't say it if it wasn't true as my mum is very critical of peoples shape and size. So maybe I have slimmed down even if it's not showing on the scales. I am eating better than before (and less too), and now I'm back on my exercise regime it may be a plateau due to increased exercise= muscle gain. On my scales it does appear that my body fat % has decreased and my muscle mass/water weight have both increased...

all good signs but it would be nice to see a difference on the scales after 2 weeks of dieting!

xxx

Not at all :)
It is good to hear that you are being much more rational and positive than me in the same situation!!!

delighted ur feeling a bit better hunni xxx
god if u dont get a loss this week after all of the above there is something wrong!! flipping heck :)
ur doing really well x

Yay, you sound so much more positive :) I see you as my dieting buddy so I can't have you feeling down lol!

It sounds to me like regardless what your scales say that there are most definately changes in your body. Your mum is living proof of it. It makes you feel so good! The exercise will do wonders on it's own. Well done. I think you are doing so well and I have everything crossed for you. You deserve a reward!

Well I am feeling crappy now lol. I think it is TOTM! Can you believe it? I am breastfeeding for goodness sake! So my hopes for Monday are diminishing.... I feel so bloated :(

Anyway, so glad you are more upbeat!

BTW, you make my water intake look really bad :( I don't drink anywhere near enough....ooopps!

You most probably never had a true STS as you were wearing heavier clothes and had your dinner before weigh in. Hold out for Monday I really think you will be pleasantly surprised. Looking forward to your weigh in news.

Remember all scales show different weights.. its weird.. and annoying.. but true.. also remember that our weight can fluctuate up and down in a day by like 3lbs.. if not more.. if you havt drunk enough.. or eaten salty foods.. you're body will hold onto the water.. as it thinks you arent gonna be getting anymore.. try and aim for at least 2 litrs tomorrow (its a slog i know.. but worth it).. not only will it make your body relax on keeping all the water.. but it helps your kidneys and liver process the fat you're getting rid off.. sorry if you know all of this but sometimes its good to be reminded..

Good luck with your WI

x x

Thanks guys :) bless you Lea!! At least if you have a STS you'll know why and see a good loss the following week!

Munkypooh! Just wanted to say thanks (and my fiance has the same nickname as your username hehe)! But you have done so well, there's nothing for you to worry about now :) I just need to get this blimmin weight off so I can get into a size wedding dress I'm happy with!

Catz hun - tell me about it! I sometimes ask myself when weeks like this happen, why I bother, but I know in the long run if I don't stick with it I will only see a gain and where's the good in that?? Better to STS for 3 weeks than gain for 1 I guess!

You know what Gemma, I actually feel like some of my clothes are tighter than they were (having said that, they were never loose and some of my previously loose clothes do seem looser now so maybe its just my imagination!)!!! Fiance reckons I'm slimming down but I don't see it, and normally I can. Maybe I shall take my measurements tomorrow just to see.

Thanks for reminding me about why I had a STS minime hun, I guess I just need to stay focussed and not think its something I'm doing wrong! I want to do the most I can to lose this week but I guess as long as I'm sticking with it there's not much more that I can realistically do!

Hey Cat (thanks for stopping by-how are you?!?) someone else mentioned salt earlier and your post reminded me. I think I have been probably taking in quite a lot of salt recently. Think I'm going to do a salt detox and low fat diet tomorrow and Monday (til WI) as I think I have been eating too much of both things. Especially as I have points to bank it might help me to stick with low salt, fat/sugary foods, and if it helps me lose more thats a bonus!

Thanks all for your help and advice today! Off to bed now

nighty night xxx

Wooohoooo can't wait til tomorrow. I've bought myself a new brum brum and I get it after work tomorrow :D raaaaaaaaaaay :)!!!

Its a Vaxhuall Tigra (hard top convertible) and I love it! Added bonus is it's pretty much the same on the inside as my Corsa so there's no need to learn my way around it! Just need to learn how to work the roof!!

Am really excited that I've got a new toy to play with :) has cheered me up no end! xxx

oh go u with ur "hardtop convertable"...bit*ch haha:)
im mad jealous, bet ya cant wait to collect it x

Oooohhh how exciting! My sister has a red one (but not convertable). You'll have to show us some pics :)

You lucky thing.

After going to the recycling centre yesterday and opening my car to find that my boyfriend had put two bags of garden waste on my (PALE GREY) back seats...I don't think I will ever be able to sell it and get a new one!!!
I'm going to have to run my poor dirty car into the ground/scrap yard!!

Munkypooh! Just wanted to say thanks (and my fiance has the same nickname as your username hehe)!

It's my nickname too, one my boyfriend gave me! it sometimes turns into "boozemunky" ....quite often in fact... :party0036:

EDIT - on reflection, probably why I'm always about a stone from my target weight!!

Hehehe bless ya Munkypooh!! Can you not get it professionally valeted?
I am indeed very excited :D its a pale baby blue sorta colour (metallic) and the rollbar is 'star' colour (silvery). Tis gorge!! And now I have a good reason why I can't be a designated driver (only 1 passenger seat).

Am very impressed with how much room there is in the boot too :) happy days!

Just got back from aquafit. Was disappointed today as the normal girl wasn't there and there was someone else who was, quite frankly, cr*p! It was v dull and monotonous and apart from the last 10 mins I didn't enjoy it at all. Never mind, I went (nearly missed it as was so carried away on here that I forgot the time), and feel better for it. Have decided am gonna start going to pilates again this week (its on Tuesdays) and doing an extra session of aquafit on Thursday evening straight after work. That'll be 3 hours of good toning exercise a week then, much more than I've been doing recently (only 1) and even if it doesnt speed up my losses I know how much of a difference it makes to my shape (having done it for 6 months already and being able to see the changes is amazing).

Have managed to stick to 17 points today, so will have 18 tomorrow (making up for the cheese), even though with my activity points I could have my normal allowance tomorrow I don't want to use them.

Can't believe the weekend's over already.. work tomorrow... hey ho! Oh yes, and the dreaded WI.

Wonder if I'll lose?!x

just trying to get the pic on now!

not sure if it'll work but its a pic of the exact same car that i'm getting (colour and everything)

xx

awww i'd love a convertable, but wid OH and three kids i have to sacrifice my dream car till they leave home or something!!!!

Good luck for WI moro i think you'll be fine x

Back