Wannabslim's Diary - decided not to go to WI

I stayed the same :( after pointing everything so carefully, and not even having noodles with my chinese!! Not going to trust esource this week and intend to drink more as I think the amount of caffeine I'm consuming compared to plain/flavoured water is causing water retention.

I guess I did have that buffet on Thursday which I could have underpointed but other than that not sure how I didn't lose this week :(

Oh well, at least it's not a gain! xx

Never mind hon. Better luck next week x

Awww I'm sorry mate. Try not to worry too much STS is not so bad...it's not a gain and you WILL lose next week. Just continue what you are doing and I am sure next week you will reap the rewards. Just remember all those inches you have already lost. It IS working and it will continue to work if you stick at it!

BTW, please say the same to me when I have STS one week. It is inevitable for everyone really.

We are all still behind you. Keep up the good work!

Thanks guys :)

I guess the other thing to think positively about was it took the scales ages to decide whether I was half a lb down or not. In the end it chose not. BUT it was close. And I am wearing heavier clothes than last week. And I didn't go to the loo first. AND I had already used all my daily points before WI where I normally wait til after for dinner. So I guess all these things could amount to why I STS and didn't lose. Not to be compulsive or anything but am gonna hop on the scales in a min, then again before I go to bed, having been to the loo and before I get changed, so I can see what the difference is. It may help me to stay positive.

Off now for the evening as need to catch up with my lovely fiance!

Night all and thanks for helping me through tonight. It's hard when you're really putting all your energy into something and you don't see the benefits.

xxx

Oh well, there you go! Clothes weigh a lot and can change it by a 1lb or so. Plus you had eaten. I have done various tests at home and going to the loo can reduce it by 0.5 lbs. Plus food weighs. i know people who do not eat/drink for hours befire WI.

I am going to say that you have lost but it did not show due to the above. Change it for next week and you will have an even bigger loss I am sure.

Goodluck!

Hehe thanks :)

Have just been informed by my beloved that he wants to 'chill' for a bit, which in Mikespeak means he wants to play on his 'pooter'. So, I am in bed with my laptop on here!!

Just conducted my test.... here are the results... and Lea I think you're right....

Scales pre-loo and fully clothed, took 4 readings to be sure AND moved the scales somewhere else and did them again 4 times!! Weight: 12.8 and a half

Scales post-loo and in the nuddy, again 4 times and then in a different place to check...
Weight: 12.6 and 3/4

So thats 1 and 3/4 lbs difference just by going for a standard loo trip and changing.

So if I had gone to the loo AND worn lighter clothes, I could well have shown up as having lost a lb (at least).

Moral of the story (and plan for next week): Don't eat dinner right before WI, go to the loo first, and don't wear heavy clothes that will add lbs onto me in an instant!!

:) so, if I do that next week, and have a good week too, maybe I could be in for a decent loss!

xx

I'm sure that will be the case, so positive thinking is the way forward for next week. Must admit though, think your brave eating your dinner before going for WI, its like wearing jeans to WI, I wouldn't do that either (but I may be a bit obsessed).

See???? You gotta trust me on that one ;-)

Big loss next week I reckon too. You will have 2 weeks worth!

Thanks Irene :) you are a star you know!!!

Righty chaps, off to bedskies, dreaming of a good loss for next week... Lea, I just hope you're right! xx

Hehe! When I said a couple of points for the whole lot I meant for 4 crackerbreads and a 30g serving of the cheese! Not for 1 slice :)

xxx

Even better eh!

I stayed the same :( after pointing everything so carefully, and not even having noodles with my chinese!! Not going to trust esource this week and intend to drink more as I think the amount of caffeine I'm consuming compared to plain/flavoured water is causing water retention.

I guess I did have that buffet on Thursday which I could have underpointed but other than that not sure how I didn't lose this week :(

Oh well, at least it's not a gain! xx

Exactly hun, it's not a gain. I bet you'll have a fab loss next week! xx

Thanks hun!

Well, I've had a good day today. Have managed 2l of water (just about) and also done well on the fruit and veg front compared to normal. Bit of a random diet today but worked for me! Have decided to keep a food diary on here again as it helps me to be accountable for what I'm eating. So:

"Brekkie": 2 crumpets, no butter, a little cheese: 4 points total
Snack: 1 peach: 0.5 points
Lunch: 6 crackerbreads with 2 servings low fat soft cheese: 3 points
Snack: Milky way crispy rolls and a fudge: 3.5
Early dinner/snack: Jacket potato recipe from WW: 2.5 points
Proper dinner: Half a pack of stirfry veg with 1 pack Amoy noodles: 4 points

Still to use: 3.5

Am really happy that I've eaten no crisps today. The crackerbread seems to control my cravings for them so thats good. I also really enjoyed my fruit at lunchtime and it made me realise that there are some really yummy things out there which have virtually no points in! Must make use of that!

So, 3.5 points to use and I'm thinking something sweet is in order... but what to have?

Trying to be a bit better this week; eat more fruit and veg, drink more water, eat less crisps. Hopefully doing this will give me a better chance of a loss next week. I don't feel tempted to 'cheat' as I don't feel deprived, and I like having this control in my life! Even if it's only to stay the same it's better that than gaining!

xxx

Hey, you sound so much more positive today. Fantastic that you had a good day. I am sure you are going to have a good week.

Masses of Goodluck!

Apparently "peaches" (ie tinned peaches) are 1pt, but "Peach" is 0.5. Starting to get a bit hungry, as all I've had time for so far this morning has been a peach (ironically!). Got meetings all afternoon so will grab some crackerbread with cheese in a bit for lunch (if I'm lucky). Gonna have lots of points to use tonight!

xxx

Apparently "peaches" (ie tinned peaches) are 1pt, but "Peach" is 0.5. Starting to get a bit hungry, as all I've had time for so far this morning has been a peach (ironically!). Got meetings all afternoon so will grab some crackerbread with cheese in a bit for lunch (if I'm lucky). Gonna have lots of points to use tonight!

xxx

Wow, well done you, you seem very determined!

I like it when i have loads of points left for the evening, i donbt have to worry as much then :D It's nice isnt it xxxx

:D I love having loads of points for the evening! Have got 1 point left... having had (since finishing work):

1 kiplings mini battenberg
1 packet of sainsburys ham and cheese frittatas
1 sainsburys good for you mini garlic and herb pizza bread (amazing!)
1 tesco lighter choices trifle

:) :) :) yum yum yum.....

Haven't done so well with my water today, have probably only managed a litre and a bit so far :( whoops! Am having a pint of squash now to try and bump it up. Spent the whole evening, after tea, asleep in bed. Have been so tired lately I needed it!

Thanks for your words of support Emma and Gemma!! :D

Not sure what to lose my last point on at the moment... any ideas?

Yum yum yum indeed! You have everything under control.

So, what did you spend you last point on then?

Back