Wannabslim's Diary - decided not to go to WI

Keep up the good work x

Ey up!

I used my last point on a packet of skips. Then realised they were 1.5pts (oops). Went to log all I had eaten on the esource whatsit and realised I had miscalculated and I had reached my limit before the skips. Luckily I had 0.5pt banked so only over now by 1pt. Will make it up today!!

Ooooops!!
xxx

Evening all,

Well, another day over!! It's been quite hectic today, I spent all afternoon in training for some new software we're implementing which will change the way the whol agency works!

Just had my dinner and it was yum :) gnocchi with a low point pizza flavour tomato pasta sauce and a sprinkling of cheese, served with a Sainsbury's Good for You range garlic and herb pizza bread! Tastylish :)

Used up all my points with 1 to spare (to make up for yesterday) which is good news, and I still have my activity points from aquafit but don't plan to use them!

Having a nice peaceful evening now in front of the telly, and generaly being a slob lol!!

Still don't feel that I've lost any weight... not quite sure what's going on here. Hmmmm....

Glad you had a good day yesterday. I hope you have another good day today.

Thanks hun!

Colleague at works birthday today and we all had a slice of chocolate cake... hadn't eaten anything before then so knew I had enough points but crikey- 7.5points for a SMALL slice!! can't believe i used a third of my daily allowance on it. So not worth it and now I feel ever so slightly sick....

Ho hum!! x

Hiya Gemma, welcome back hun!! I know, I was so shocked! I have to say I reckon my slice was probably smaller than the one I counted for but better overestimate the points than under!!

x

Nope it was Dolmio, in a little green sachet with the pasta sauces. Got it from Tesco this week, think it may be a discontinued line tho (according to the note on the price tag on the shelf). So I bought a few just in case!! x

Hi guys!

Well I did something silly just now. I got on the scales. And they have gone UP. I have stuck to my points this week (as far as I'm aware) but I don't feel like I have got slimmer and now the scales are showing a gain...

After my first 2 weeks being comparitively low losses compared with others and last week staying the same, I am just so worried all my efforts will result in frustration on Monday. And I don't know how to do anything about it cos I AM sticking to it properly..

...and I know you will probably feel like saying "awww don't worry, i'm sure you'll be fine", but please dont because in all honesty I won't be able to believe you and it'll just make me feel even worse!

xxx :( xxx

I had exactly this problem with my calorie counting a few weeks ago, stuck to it properly, had cr*p losses and then gained 3lbs!! If I'd just carried on and stuck to it then by this point I'd probably be a few lbs down again now...but I went off the deep end, ate like a rabid dog for a few days and it's taken me since then to find the willpower to get back on track.

So....my best advice (as a massive hypocrite obviously) is to try and ignore the scales and plow on, maybe up your exercise for a few days to get the ball rolling again?

Thanks hun, I'm gonna stick with it but if I see a gain this week I will have to do something drastic. Can't afford to gain at the moment as need to slim down (even if its a slow process) for my dress. I can handle one or two STS but if it doesnt shift at all in the next week or two I don't know what I'll do!

xx

Do you do WW online, or go to a group? If you go to a group, I'm sure your group leader would have some ideas to help. I think the times I've not lost well may have been due to miscalculating things, I gained when I was in Spain over summer as I was basing my estimated cals on English versions of things, like bread rolls for example, and they were probably made differently and much higher, could that be it? Is there anything you've eaten regularly recently that could have been calculated wrong??

hey hun

yesterday did u have anything with salt in? cos that holds water and always makes me heavier the next day? i wud also suggest ya take a diary of wat ya eatin to class n ur group leader may have some answers for ya? hopefully its jus water :) if u have stuck to it 100% (like i no u will have) then it will be wokin! u cud try n take sum water retention tablets also?

i wud increase ya water intake this weekend n see how it goes on monday :)

xxx

Try not to worry. Stay calm and wait for the class on Monday. If you are sticking to the points you can't really do any damage.

And try not to weigh. While i was on CD I weighed every day and was up and down but still did it. Since joining weightwatchers I have never been on any other scales apart from at the class. And i feel so much calmer

Irene xx

Awwww I totally know how u r feeling :( I was the same a few months ago which was kinda why I went to CD (not that I am saying you should do anything as extreme as that).

I think we all know that our weight fluctuates through the week but we never take our own advice to avoid weighing every morning. I know I dont.

The best thing would be to ditch your scales and just get weighed on your official WI day. Although again personally even tho I know its a good idea I wouldnt chuck mine out :eek:

Have you tried upping the water intake? I have always got better losses on weeks I've drank loadsa water (3litres a day ish) no matter what plan its been on.

Hope u find the right thing for you xxx

Sound advice all. I can't think of anything else to add hon - up your water, up your exercise, check and double-check to make sure you're not miscalculating your points and...

...stay off the scales midweek! It could just be a normal mid-week fluctuation.

Hey mate, I have to admit to being disappointed midweek when i too stupidly stood on the scales and it said I had gained 2 oz even though i felt really 'light'. I was disapointed. Then I weighed this morning and I have lost a pound. I try and try and try not to weigh myself but i just need to know sometimes that what I am doing is ok but each week I ALWAYS weigh lighter on the Monday than the sunday, or the saturday or midweek. It's like Monday is the 'special' day or something.

Let's stay positive and see the outcome on Monday. I have everything crossed for you. I know how much you want to lose something this week.

How is your water intake? I know mine is RUBBISH! If yours is not great either maybe we can do a 'water week' test and see how it goes next week?

I hope you are feeling ok today. You must be so dis-heartened but we can get this sorted I am sure.

Take care and check in soon to let us know you are ok xx

Hey Hun,

You've had lots of good advice given, just want to add soem hugs!!!!

Good luck for Monday x

Nas x

Back