Wannabslim's Diary - decided not to go to WI

wannabslim

Gold Member
Hi everyone,

I joined WW yesterday evening and started today. And I have to say I've really enjoyed myself! Am going to keep a diary on this forum to help me stay on track and keep an eye on how I'm doing!

First things first, my 10% target is 11st 8lbs, which is 18lbs to lose for me. Seems a lot but am sure I'll get there eventually! I will be delighted to get into the 11s as I really don't remember the last time I was there. It's been at least 5 years if not more! Considering I'm only 23 thats a long time!

So, onto todays food:

Breakfast:
WW lemon and lime yoghurt
Total 0.5pts

Lunch:
- Ham sandwich
(2 slices Kingsmill Crustless 50/50- 1.5pts, plus 1 slice Tesco value ham- 0pts)
- Packet of crisps
(Walkers Worcester Sauce- 2 pts)
- Fruit in jelly
(Dole Mandarins in jelly pot-1.5pts).
Total of 5pts

Dinner:
- Beef stirfry with noodles
(125g Tesco healthy living beef strips- 3.5pts, Amoy straight to wok medium noodles- 3.5pts, Blue Dragon Chow Mein Stir Fry Sauce- 1pt, Tesco Value Stir Fry veg and beansprouts- 1pt, 3tsps olive oil- 2.5pts, mushrooms- 0pts)
- Ice Lolly
(Walls lemonade sparkle ice lolly-0.5pt
Total 12pts

So today's total points is 17.5/21, leaving me 3.5 left in case I need a snack this evening. Would like to save at least 2 as am going out this weekend though!!

Felt a bit hungry this afternoon but in a way it was a good feeling, much better than feeling bloated and sluggish anyway! Have found it suprisingly easy to stick to plan as I don't feel deprived (my walkers at lunchtime were just the ticket!)

Hope tomorrow is just as easy :D
xxx

Last edited:
Thanks Irene :D just can't beleive my stir-fry came to 11pts, by the time the oil was pointed it wasn't such a low point meal anymore!! Its been a good lesson for me :)

xx

I have frylite in my cupboard and was torn between the 2. Had I known the oil was a pt per tsp I woud have gone for frylite but as I know its better went for the oil. Deffo frylite next time though!

x

Oooh yes I do like prawns- bargain for points :) thanks! Do have some chicken in but fancied beef today and had enough points to do it so went for it hehe! It was delicious though, well worth it! xx

I count the Kingsmill 50/50 0.5 per slice? Making it 1 point for 2. How did you get 1.5? x

Well done! I never feel full anymore and in a weird way it feels good. I wak up hungry and then I feel great! If I was stuffed now I would have no idea what to do with myself. I have been doing WW for just over 2 weeks and it is getting easier to eat less than i used to. Goodluck!

Thanks Lea hun :) thats very encouraging! Am sure I'll get used to it,especially having done a VLCD on which you aren't supposed to feel hunger but I did.. if I can deal with that I can do this!! How much have you lost so far?

Ames hun, the bread thing is interesting. 1 slice is 0.5pts but if you have 2 it goes up to 1.5pts. This may be due to rounding to the nearest 0.5, it happens for a few foods, for example my ham- 1 slice is 0pts but if you have 2 slices its 0.5pt! This is according to my WW calculator and also the WW points tracker on Esource AND have checked manually so am going to go with the 1.5pts :) thanks for bringing it to my attention tho hun!

Hi everyone,

Dinner:
- Beef stirfry with noodles
(125g Tesco healthy living beef strips- 3.5pts, Amoy straight to wok medium noodles- 3.5pts, Blue Dragon Chow Mein Stir Fry Sauce- 1pt, Tesco Value Stir Fry veg and beansprouts- 1pt, 3tsps olive oil- 2.5pts, mushrooms- 0pts)
- Ice Lolly
(Walls lemonade sparkle ice lolly-0.5pt
Total 12pts

Felt a bit hungry this afternoon but in a way it was a good feeling, much better than feeling bloated and sluggish anyway! Have found it suprisingly easy to stick to plan as I don't feel deprived (my walkers at lunchtime were just the ticket!)

Hope tomorrow is just as easy :D
xxx

I have to say, that dinner sounds so yum!!! Glad it's all going well so far and you had a good one yesterday! xx

Yesterday went very well. Today I did something rather silly which has left me with only 2.5pts for tonight :( luckily I saved 3.5pts yesterday so if I use those I have enough for some tea! As my silly moment was around 5pm I'm not toooo hungry at the mo, so am hoping to last til around 8ish and then maybe have a snack.

So far today I had:

Brekkie (7am):
- a WW yoghurt for breakfast - 0.5pts

Second brekkie! (10am):
a bacon bap (weekly thing at work, how could I say no!?) -5pts

Lunch (2.30pm):
ham sarnie (same as yesterday) - 1.5pts, walkers worcester sauce crisps -2pts, 20 blackberries -0.5pts, rice crispies square -2pts
Total:6pts

Snack: Walkers French Fries: 1.5pts

And this is where it all went wrong:
- a pack of Sainsburys kids cocktail sausages at 5.5pts, bought at petrol station and munched all the way home (got stuck in traffic :()

Total so far: 18.5
Remaining: 2.5
Saved this week to date (exc. remaining from today): 3.5

Hiya, just a quick final update for today. I had a rather large amount of housework to do this evening, which has taken the combined efforts of H2B and me, 2 and a half hours to complete! In the process of doing it, I didn't think about eating and consequently have managed not to use my last 2.5pts :D :D :D yayyy! So have managed to save some more for the weekend!

So current totals are now:

Total used: 18.5
Saved: 2.5
Saved this week to date: 6

Not a bad start :) xxx

If you buy the Walkers Frnch fries in a multi pack they are only 1 point per packet, as are frazzles if you like them ;)

You sound like you are doing well and full of enthusiasm!! Personally though, I need a bit more at brekkie than a yoghurt, I would be eating my own arm by 8 am!! LOL :giggle:

Well done x

Heya! Day 3 has gone well, although it seems like I have eaten loads! The girl whose job I am taking over left today so she bought everyone a cake. I opted for a danish, based on the (lifesaving) WW website which told me that my specific one was only 3 points compared to other cakes which were as high as TEN!!!!

Here's my food diary for today (so far)

Brekkie:
1 WW yoghurt (0.5pts)
Total 0.5pt

Mid-morning
Danish (3pts)

Lunch (eaten across the space of an hour and a half at my desk!!)
Sarnie as per usual (1.5pts)
WW Yoghurt (0.5pts)
Medium portion strawberries (0.5pts)
Packet of Walkers french fries (1pt)
Milky Way funsize (1.5pts)
Total 5pts

Random snack in the afternoon:
Multipack bag of Quavers (1.5pts)

Total so far: 10
Remaining: 11
Saved this week to date (exc remaining today): 6.5

Am really enjoying WW and am planning a nice dinner tonight... not exactly sure what yet but it will b nice!!

xxx

Back