Want to try an experiment with me?

CoCoMo

Coming to the end of my 4th week on Dukan, lost 12lbs and feeling very good.

I thought it was time I introduced some of Dr D's Yoda-like teachings from the non-diet bits of his book. Would anyone like to join me for 1 week, and see if they notice a difference in their weight loss?

This week's experiment:

SLIMMING IN THE SHOWER

It might only work for those who have a lot to lose, like me, as you find this tip in the MAJOR OBESITY section of the book, but the theory is basically as follows:
If you take a cool shower, your body has to work harder to maintain your temperature so you burn calories. Therefore, taking a cool shower for a couple of minutes a day could help boost your weight loss.

So, every day this week, starting tomorrow, I will take a 2 minute cool (not freezing!!!) shower when I get in from work. As the weather is hot and sticky at the moment, I am hoping it shouldn't be too much of a hardship.

Results to follow next week! Who's up for a chilly shower with me? I mean, not WITH me, just kind of doing it too :D

Haha! I would do it but... I don't own a pair of scales so I very rarely weigh myself. I may just give it a go for the crack lol. I won't be able to see if I've officially lost weight from it but may as well give it a whirl I'm not doing anything else when I'm on sick leave.

How much do you have to lose? Just you said it was alot. I'm on minimins on my phone so can't see your stats. I haven't decided on my target weight officially but I estimate around 12 stone. Sounds quite heavy I know but that's my true weight according to dr dukan and I don't wanna go too low. Like I've said previously on here I like my curves so wanna keep my shape. my boobs have already dropped three cup sizes lol x

Haha Emms, have a cold shower with me lol!
I am currently at 13st 8lbs, started at 14st 6lbs and aiming for 151lbs which is 10st 11lb - my True weight. I am 5' 8". (lol, just noticed my stats have been wrong since I entered them, updating now!!!!) When I weighed 10st 10lbs previously that was about a size 10 but I was still curvy - started LighterLife about the same size/weight I was and I LOVED my new body when I got to about 11st. Can't wait to have that again.

I seriously can't remember what it's like to be slim. I was ok when I was at uni but thought I was bigger than I was if that makes sense. Now looking back I actually think I looked ok. I'm current at 16 stone 10 and I used to be 19 stone 3 so it's a big change. I can't remember ever weighing under 17 stone so this is a landmark for me. Can't wait to make it to 15 stone. I can see my target getting closer.

So, cold shower tomorrow morning? Lol x

You are doing really well, and your loss so far is really inspirational - you'll be feeling so fantastic! To me, it's not about how much I weigh really. It's more how I look and feel about myself that is driving me forward.

I totally LOVED my body when I hit 11st on LighterLife - I know that might sound vain or trivial to some people, but when you have that amazing feeling of being actually light, and fit, and slender it gives you a confidence and a feeling of being at peace with yourself - for me, it was a reflection on the outside of how I felt inside, and NOT the other way around. I didn't really change the style of how I dressed or anything like that, I just LOVED how I felt - I felt HEALTHY. I am looking forward to feeling like that again. It was the slimmest, fittest and happiest I had been in my own skin in my life. For everyone, that weight when you get that feeling will be different, for me, it was 11st. I only have about 34lbs to go to get there. I can't wait!:D

I will never be stick thin - I am built on a big frame, I have broad shoulders and hips and I like my curves. My LL counsellor told me to embrace the word "slender" - she was right. Slim implies straight up and down. Slender just means you have a sleek, contoured shape, whatever that shape is.

Hope my cold showers help get me there!

Thank you that is so sweet of you to say. Slender. That is a good way to describe it. I'm like you I am quite broad. I really really can't wait to be slim. I have an image in my head of what I want to look like, I really can't wait to get there :)

I would love to try this but I like my hot showers too much. I can stay in the shower for absolutely ages and my new house has one of those showers that has jets coming out everywhere. I can't wait to try it :)
Maybe I'll wait and see how you guys do and if it really works I may give it a go before I move.

When I read happy supportive threads like this one, it reminds me how fabulous online forums are :D

Go for it girls... I can't see my morning one changing temperature, to be honest, but I will cool down my straight from work one :) Why not! We've nothing to lose!

I'm in! I'm guessing about 35° to be effective. Our shower has a lock to stop the kids burning themselves so it's always at 38° max, I'll lower it a bit and see.

Yay, another cold shower taker!!!! Come on Neonic, you can still have your hot shower too, just do two mins cool shower some other time of the day! *twists arm*

I don't know if it will work, but I am trying to commit wholeheartedly to this diet - and Dr D says it's not just about food and eating. Cold shower update this evening when I get in!

Ok, you twisted my arm. I'm in the middle of getting ready for my night shift and just got out of the shower. I had it hot while I washed then turned it right down (wouldn't go down any further). I timed 2 minutes but it wasn't too bad so I stayed in for a bit longer. Had to remember to turn it back up so my house mate doesn't have to get into a cold shower though.

I think tomorrow I'll try turning it down before I get in.

Has anyone else tried it yet?

Oh and it says in the book it has to be 25 degrees. I didn't take a thermometer in with me but it wouldn't go any lower so it must have been ok.

Neonic you are a CHAMP - well done!!! Just had mine too when I got in from work - really enjoyed it, my feet and calves in particular feel so much less sore having spent the whole day tottering around in heels.
The feeling of relaxation is just a bonus, it better be burning some fat too!

The Cold Shower Club begins!!!:D

I completely forgot last night and this morning! DUH! (Mind you, I'm putting more cold in the mix anyway because it's so hot in my flat at the moment, but I'd be nowhere near 25°C.)

OK, shower this morning 35° to wash then turned it down (gradually) and settled at 29°. Can't do any better than that, did get lower on feet/ankles (20°) but used to paddle in the North Sea as a kid so I reckon they are used to being frozen:p.

I'll join you guys!!! - not literally of course! ;) but through cyber space!! Woo hoo bring on the early morning squeals!!! :)

I chickened out of this today - sorry! But on the plus side I weighed myself today on my usual scales and have lost three pound :) I'll start properly on the cold showers tomorrow and then see if it affects my loss x

Not long got out of today's cold shower. Didn't put the hot on first today. I really didn't enjoy it today but I think it's just because I'm so tired and had only just got up. But I stuck with it and even had goose bumps when I got out.
Really not organised for work tonight. Haven't defrosted any meat. Going to have oatbran followed by scrambled eggs in a mo for my breakfast then I think I'll have to pop to tesco for some fish or something easy to prepare in work. I hate not being organised.

It's apparently supposed to warm you up quicker after the shower if you have a cold one as you don't feel the cold when you get out. Dunno how true that is I read it somewhere years ago! X

Great loss Emma, well done!
Neonic, I just got out of mine today and it wasn't fun, but it's a lot cooler in London today so I wasn't hot and sticky when I got in.

Yay for the cold shower club though!!!!!!!! :party0049:

Back