Want to try atkins but so many versions, which one gives the fastest loss?

pixar

has to be done this year
I have been hearing Atkins for the last 15 years of my life but yet haven't tried. I feel like I can do this diet as i love cheese and meat. I have previously lost 2 stones following weight watchers and currently doing exante total solutions> I am planning to come off exante in 2 weeks time and really want to try Atkins to loose a further 2 stone, but there is quite a few versions, 1972, 1992 and 2002 and im so confused. I believe the 1972 version was 0 carbs where as the newer version has 20 net carbs a day. I want to do the one that gives you the quickest fat loss result or do they all roughly give you the same loss?? if u guys can elaborate on this would be great. regards x

read Jim's sticky at the top of the page. He explains it better than any book. Good luck :D

oh ok thanks for that:)

I like the new version as it is more suited to vegetarians but old timers (lol) say they prefer the 1972 version.

Whatever you do, don't buy the Atkins product hype and scarf too many meal replacement and 'candy bar' products. Watch the cheese, too, as it can stall or cause weight gain.

Good luck and enjoy all this lovely food!

thanks girlygirl1, I have heard about the cheese causing stalls, Do you have to have 4 ounces of cheese or may you have just 2 ounces if you prefer?. Im just really confused with all this versions on the Atkins and also ' the new high protein diet' seems to be fairly popular among low carb lovers and i wondered what the difference between the two diets were.

:confused:

I thought you were doing Exante?

Oh hi starlight:) I am doing exante but I am not planning on doing it for more than few weeks. I have 3 weeks left on the plan and after that I probably will switch over to a low carb diet but wondered which one was the best to follow because theres so many low carb diets out there.

Back