Was walking, got shouted at 'fat b' from a car window today

Oh gosh this makes me so mad, I have heard it myself a lot of times in the past but to see everyone commenting that its happened to them too is almost distressing. What is the world coming to?!?

As much as I get mad and wish I could give them a piece of my mind, a) I don't have the guts when it comes down to it...and
b) Just pretending not to have heard it really does seem the best approach. Giving any reaction at all is only gonna give em what they want. If u pretend not to hear or at least not to realise it is you that they are aiming the abuse at then they're gonna end up feelin a little silly in front of their mates in comparison :)

Life's unfair, you can have worked ur ass off to lose 3 stone and some ignorant little ****** can snatch it away from you in an instant.

xxx

Just read this thread, I am so sorry for what happened to you :( I had something similar happen to me on holiday in the summer; I was with my friend who is tall, blonde and a size 8, and a load of Spanish boys were shouting 'hey fatty, where's your mate?' to me. I was really really upset about that, especially as I'd already lost a stone and a half.

Don't let them get you down though, you're stronger and braver than those morons; you're doing so well with your weight loss and it sounds as if they are exactly the type of rude, uneducated, worthless scumbags that bring the rest of our society down. You're worth a million of them!

miss-r, I've not read all the thread, just your opening post about you being shouted at whilst crossing the road.

Simple really, if they call you fat, then you can lose weight but they will always be sad tw*ts!!!!

I have a teenage son and he was calling me a fat cow when he couldn't get his own way and I felt rubbish inside and would often give in to him because I didn't feel strong enough inside and when he went out the door I would turn to eating chocolate or cake as a comfort. That in turn made me feel even worse.

Well, now I've started on my journey to lose weight he can't insult me about my weight anymore, ok I'm still a 'cow' but at least he can't call me a 'fat cow'!

I feel more empowered and able to cope with him because I am more confident about myself.

You have to remember that this wasn't one man in a car calling you names, it was a few of them and sadly when these numbskulls are together they do act like complete fools. On their own they wouldn't have said anything to you, so it's the pack mentality.

You can hold your head high as you behaved with dignity, those fools in the car are just ignorant and the best way to deal with them is to ignore them.

A funny aside, my ex worked in a car garage and their tea room was above the garage and they would often yell out the window at female passers by, safe in the knowledge that they were high up. One particular woman passerby was thought to be on the game, whether she was or not I don't know, but she endured a lot of insults about her looks and clothing when she passed by below them on the other side of the street.

Now my ex and his workmates were mainly family guys but get them all together and they back to being silly idiots showing off in front of each other.

So, one day they all hanging out the window yelling 'put em away', 'how much love' and various other insulting comments when she stopped turned round, bent over and bared her bottom at them and then carried on walking, her head held high.

Well, you could have heard a pin drop as the guys were gobsmacked and just didn't know what to say and quickly withdrew from the window. It just goes to show that they were happy to be rude to her but when she turned the tables on them they became extremely sheepish and didn't yell out to the woman anymore!!!

I'm not advocating mooning at anyone but being insulted in the street is a form of bullying best ignored as really if they were tackled they would soon run a mile!

Back