water additives

Hayley3012

Hi Guys,
another question from the newbie!!! There will be loads more I'm sure. Any help would be appreciated. I HATE WATER, obviously this leaves me needing alot of water flavouring and I dont drink tea or coffee either. I'm a squash, juice and diet soft drinks girl. Is there a limit to how many of the sachets I can have? They seem to have alot of citric acid in them and I think I read on here somewhere thats a no-no for ketosis. Planning on starting tomorrow and don't wanna ruin this from the start!
Thanks guys

The sachets from the slim and save site? I like the berry one! I try to have no more than one a day, based on the carb content and the fact that other VLCDs with flavourings seem to restrict it. In fact I havent had any in two weeks, been getting tesco strawberry water and coke zero!

Weeelll...... thats something I've seen others on VLCDs have, as it is pretty much the only fizzy pop without citric acid. Also people have dr pepper zero but thats not my thing. But this isnt official advice! Or really allowed but it makes it all more bearable!

I got the berry and citrus, the berry is nice and the citrus wow very tangy and refreshing almost like you have just sucked a lime...oooh mouthwatering lol just the thing for ketosis carpet mouth :D

Oh on another note DR PEPPER ZERO IS £1 FOR 2L IN ASDA!!!!! Stock up while it's on offer lol it is yummy yummy(this coming from a dr pepper hater and full fat coke drinker oh my :rolleyes: my habits are chaingin for the better on this diet).

I'm an old hat at this ketosis lark and I don't use the flavourings. I use a splash of robinsons special r in all flavours. I use this on all 4 of my 750ml bottles of water a day. It has never caused me to come out of ketosis and never put weight on as a result of drinking it. I used water only for first two weeks but need the flavour now. I also have tried asda and tesco own make no added sugar squash

Hey everyone, im currently looking into either doing exante or slim and save, dont know how to decide they both sound very similar, how did u choose?

I am also a juice only girl, no tea,coffee,fizzy pop etc. I was also going to put a small amount of robinsons no added sugar in my bottles of water and hope its ok :)

xx

Oh brill so glad about that, that would be my only struggle, i did lipotrim a few years ago for 2 months, lost 2 stone but the water was a huge downfall for me, i must admit the fact theres more flavours on slim and save than exante makes me excited lol x

Skinny- I'm giving it a try next week! I like coke zero but want a break from the fizzy stuff. Do you make it up really weak?

Hi Stef. I was in the same boat when I started, ie deciding between Exante and Slim and Save. In the end it was the fact that S&S had 'meals' that won me over as I knew that I wasn't going to be overkeen on soup and having done LT a few years ago and only having had chocolate shakes for 4 months I knew I couldn't do a shake only diet either. So S&S it was for me. I have to say I'm enjoying it much more than LT.

hey hun! wow you did 4 months that is some determintion! After 2 months i couldnt cope anymore, i had a baby with colic and thought i was going to have a breakdown if i carried on!!

Tried lots of diets since, ww, sw, cc, slimfast... Nothin works good enough so back to vlcd i go!!

I have a couple of worries...
1. choosing the right one!?
2. hair loss, i lost alot on lt and i stlill lose it alot now :\
3. the water situation but as said above can try a splash of robinsons :)

Yeah the meals do sound good, is the spag boll nice? xx

Yes spag bol is delish and so is the chilli it is very like the real thing and filling too :)

Oh i am gonna get the robinsons i take it it's just a teeny tiny amount to flavour the darn water.

yep just a splash :D no added sugar. We get the double concentrate so mine is gonna be a tiny splash haha x

I did have a bit of hairloss 5 months in but it lasted maybe 3 weeks and has stopped now. Same thing on LT. I had stopped LT by the time 5 months came around but I still had the hairloss. I have thick hair and it didn't notice.

Are you sure that your hairloss isn't also connected to having a baby? I actually had terrible hairloss a year ago when I got very sick and ended up in ITU for 3 weeks. Think my body went into shock as the hairloss was far worse than anything I experienced on a VLCD. It did come back eventually though but it took a few months that time.

I like the spag bol and the chilli. They're both medium spicy (think tikka masala rather than madras). You can order samples online with S&S to try them out which is one of the benefits of ordering from them.

I can't comment on the Robinsons as I'm ok with plain water but just make sure it doesn't kick anyone out of ketosis.

Could of been from having a baby too, but the problem is i still lose it alot, in the bath it comes out in hand fulls, i dont know if thats normal or not though??

I wont be eating anything So should be ok with a little robinsons :D

On the s&s site they have water flavourings but you only get 12, i presume that 12 lasts 28 days does anyone know? xx

The Wahoo i use one a day but havent the past 2 day's, one little stick from the pack does 500ml of water.

Ah so no robinsons for us then lol stick to water and dr pepper/coke zero.

Am tempted to try the exante flavourings....i really fancy orange flavour lol.

How many sticks can i use per day? x

I think someone said it was 2 sticks per day but I'm not entirely sure.

The hairloss doesn't sound normal to me to be honest. Have you spoken to anyone about it?

Back