Water Challenge - who wants to join me?

Sitting in front of the TV on a friday evening, drinking water........i know how to live LOL

I've been doing a little reading about the benefits of drinking more water and why we should...

You need water for your body to burn fat. Without water, your kidneys can not do their job properly and your liver must pitch in to help. While it's helping the kidneys, your liver can't burn as much fat, so some of the fat that would normally be used as fuel gets stored in your body instead. Drinking more water lets the liver get back to its own job of turning fat into fuel.

Your body needs water-it's sixty percent water. But if you don't drink enough, your body thinks it's in danger and tries to hold onto all the water it can get. The water is stored between the cells and shows up as extra weight. Your feet, legs and hands may even swell up. When your body gets enough water, the stored water is released.
The more water you drink, the less you'll eat. Water is nature's own appetite suppressant. A glass of water before eating will help you feel full and eat less. You'll also get rid of extra salt by drinking water (salt can also cause the body to hold onto water).

Drink at least 8, eight-ounce glasses of water every day. If you're overweight, drink an additional glass for every Twenty-five pounds of excess weight.

Cold or cool water is best. It's absorbed much faster and cold water may burn more calories. And don't drink cola, Mountain Dew or anything with caffeine in it. Caffeine is a diuretic and will cause you to lose water.

Cold or cool water is best. It's absorbed much faster and cold water may burn more calories. And don't drink cola, Mountain Dew or anything with caffeine in it. Caffeine is a diuretic and will cause you to lose water.

well at least I am doing something right, I always put ice-cubes in water.
I dont drink cola or anything fizzy, cant stand that tingling sensation on my tongue.

I dont know if I will manage to get my 2 litres today. I will be busy in the garden and off out for a while this afternoon so, no where near a toilet :eek:

will try and drink plenty tonight when we get home

Unfortunately I don't like really cold water, I drink my sparkling water at room temperature.

I have already drunk a 2litre bottle today - we have another scorching hot day here in Norfolk, and I have started on another, so I am following my challenge well today.

Good luck with your's everyone.

I was out boozing last night...so am downing water/cordial like a fish! Trying hard to combat the dehydration...

Have fun tonight Stacey :)
How-SignCocktail-main_Full.jpg

I started drinking at least 2.5l of water a day 2 weeks ago. It was my star week last week (this is when i tend to STS or have a 1lb gain) and at WI on Wednesday i had a 2.5lb weight loss!!!! I was amazed..

Give it a go. It can't hurt. Think of the toxins you'll be flushing out too!

How is everyone getting on with their water today?

Today I've had 1 litre of squash and a litre of sparkling water, in addition to a cup of green tea and 2 diet cokes. Won't drink too much more today otherwise I'll be weeing all night! LOL!

last few days I have managed 2l of water plus other drinks. Thanks for setting this challange cause I would not have done it otherwise.

Not doing so well with mine. I just keep forgetting till i'm dying of thirst. I put the bottle out on the kitchen work top every morning but its just not smacking me in the face to drink it. Have thought about setting the kitchen timmer every 30 mins to remind me to go and have a drink, oh how sad is that, but I don't know how else to do it.

OMG I drank sooooo much vodka last night. I haven't drank that much in a long time and felt so dreadful this morning! Problem was that I drank til I was sober but then went to bed and woke up a couple of hours later and WHAM, I was drunk as a skunk and stumbling all over the place with a headache from hell and feeling like sh1t! No more booze for me for awhile!

Trouble is, I've only drunk 1, maybe 1.5lt today. Tomorrow I will get back to my 2.5, if not 3, to try and combat all the alcohol. I'll be happy to STS this week though seeing as I had the vodka binge, tons of syns and it's my star week!

We'll see what Wed brings!

Where's all my water babes?

2.5lt down for me yesterday. Brought some Tesco NAS cherries & berries squash to work as that'll make it go down easier.

How's everyone else doing? Anyone weighed yet this week?

Well ladies, I'm DEFINITELY sticking with the 2.5lt a day! This is my star week, I'm constipated and haven't been to the loo for a couple of days, ate a giant scan bran cake last night, had tons of vodka and prob 100 syns this week (normally have 70) and I somehow managed to lose 1.5lb! I'm convinced this is due to the water. Am going to continue with it this week and see if it helps.

Anyone else do well this week and think it's due to the water?

Im still managing 2 ltrs a day on top of tea and coffee. I only lost 0.5lb but had been out on Saturday and did have a couple of not so good days so was quite happy with my loss. Hopefully this week will be a better loss and will keep my water intake up to see if it helps.

Hi All

I lost 1.5lb this week and am convinced that the water was a contributing factor as before I was loosing or re gaining the same 1/2 pound. This is a habit I will need to keep up.

Ooooh god I keep forgetting to drink my water!!! This week I must try extra hard, although I do find it very difficult as I swear I must have a small bladder or something, as even if I drink a small cup of water I am dying for a wee ha! xxx

I am still not managing 2 litres a day :(

I have milk with brekkie and at the most 1 litre

I dont drink tea, coffee or juice :(:(

I am still not managing 2 litres a day :(

I have milk with brekkie and at the most 1 litre of water

I dont drink tea, coffee or juice :(:(

I think don't push yourself to drink more than you can manage. Work your way up gradually. If you usually have a litre, just push it up to an extra 250mls, then 1.5 litres, then 2litres....

I didn't do too well last week but am making much more effort again this week!

Back