water challenge!

nettie

Gold Member
Just realised that all I have had to drink today is 1 fruit tea, a small glass of diluted juice and a cup of tea!
I have just been reading about water and it's recommended that an adult should be drinking 2.5litres a day so I've set myself a challenge to drink at least that amount each day! Anyone want to join me?? :D

I'm with you Nettie x

I have found that over the last few weeks I've not been drinking so much of the pure stuff. I'll measure how much my glass in work holds and make sure I drink as much as you ;)

yep i make an effort too with my water intake. i bought a water bottle and its huge, i fill it up at least twice daily and have a few cuppa's too. its so easy to forget to drink.

yaay! im sure we can do it! I'm going to buy a litre bottle on my way to work and just use that to keep filling up from the water machine. heres to being hydrated and hopefully bigger losses! :)

I'll join you Nettie :) The recent increase in migraines is a sure sign I've not been drinking enough so doing this might make me think more about it. It's so easy to get through a busy a day and realise I've only had 2 or 3 drinks (coffee usually) all day.

Good luck :)

yes i get headaches too, especially since having a promotion at work i am now usually in front of a laptop so doesnt help matters. I used to be a community engagement worker at a childrens centre so i was out and about alot, usually took a bottle of water in my bag and kept hydrated but now i'm deputy leader of the childrens centre and i'm so busy with paper work that I only get a drink when someone in the office is offering to make coffee!

I'm terrrible with drinking water so i'll join you too :D
I drink way too much tea, probably about 8-10 cups a day :eek: If I could replace some of that with water i'd be well away!

yeah i will just need to try to find time to go to the loo now! lol

Yep! I'm normally good during the week as I fill a 1.5 litre bottle with water and drink that while at work, and then I'd usually have about 3-4 pints of water after I get home, but I've been horrendous this weekend - Today for example, I've drunk about a litre and a half of Coke Zero and only half a pint of water :( !!

Great challenge.
I set myself this challenge last Mondy after weigh in. I only drink water and squash and some days I could go to 3-4 in the afternoon and realize that I'd not had a drink. So each morning I wake up and prepare 2 litres in bottles so I know what I've drunk and how much to go :/ I did measure my glasses so I knew how many to drink but kept losing count :) so bottles is the way for me.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Im going to join too! I so easily forget to drink! We have a percolator in the office, so buzzing on coffee all day but...may not be the greatest thing! X

Can i join too i always find the more water i drink the better my losses so slurp away everyone xx

i will join you aswell great day to start on a monday morning. have got to drink more am off to the shops to buy a large bottle of water to drink.

thanks very much for the reminder to drink plenty of water have set a reminder on my phone daily so i don't forget to do it.

Count me in! I'll aim for a random 2.25l Means I just have to fill my bottle up 3 times and drink it all :) Trying to find the litre volvic bottles around here is like trying to find a needle in a haystack!! So, the 750ml will have to do!

Cheers everyone!!

Well it seems to have worked a 3lb loss at WI this week yey. And was told by people at group that my skin looked great so bonus all round.

Ill join in too!

I never drink water as I really don't like it, but I will give it a go!

I can't say that I will be able to do the 2 litres though! maybe start at 1 a day till I can get used to it!

Hopefully if I can get into water, then I can stop the coffee!

Lisax

Less of me said:
Well it seems to have worked a 3lb loss at WI this week yey. And was told by people at group that my skin looked great so bonus all round.

Well done indeed! X

Cobra said:
Ill join in too!

I never drink water as I really don't like it, but I will give it a go!

I can't say that I will be able to do the 2 litres though! maybe start at 1 a day till I can get used to it!

Hopefully if I can get into water, then I can stop the coffee!

Lisax

I used to not like drinking water; but I found it helped having it really cold... Or maybe take a bottle of sugar free squash with you (or decant an amount in a bottle that is easy to carry) that way your getting the water you need but it's more bearable! X

I'm on my second ltr bottle and half way down it... Had a tea this morning and a coffee mid morning.... Both no milk and no sugar, not doing too shabby! X

Back