Water drinkers may have better diets

ooo thats interesting, i dilute almost 2 litres of water with 100ml of no sugar squash everyday and i drink it all, i put it in a large jug as a reminder for me to drink, do you think its the same?

I put a lot of water in a jug to remind me to drink it too :) I try to drink around 2 litres of water a day, but I don't drink juice or fizzy drinks anymore because I feel they really kill my diet.

I used to drink an energy shot in the morning to wake me up, but I've cut that out after realising that water and breakfast wakes me up just as well as energy shots.

Oh dear, I don't drink any apart from in my 2 cups of coffee in the morning. our water is horrible it stinks of chlorine, we bought a water filter but its still pretty yucky.

Interesting, I drink a couple of cups of tea most day, 2 mugs green tea as well, but mainly I drink 8 pints of water a day.

I think since I've started making myself drink more water I *want* to drink more water. I actually prefer it to anything else these days.

I've always been a huge water drinker (about 4 litres a day when not doing a VLCD and more at the moment) and I've never really drunk soft drinks. Not sure it's done much for my diet so far!

I've been laid up with a chest infection the past week and although I've continued the diet my water intake really dropped, cos half the time I was knackered to chug it - I know the lack of exercise is also a factor, but hardly lost any weight at all - I shall go back to over 2 litres asap. Keeping a jug in the fridge is a good idea - cheers - I don't think of good ideas like that!

Back