Water flavouring

debbie125

WHat do you people think about the exante water flavourings? I tried the peach one yesterday and thought it was quite nice but tested my self this morning with a ketostix and it not pink anymore! Surely these shouldn't knock u out off ketosis! But I've been 100% other than the flavouring!

How much did you have? IIRC it's 3g carbs per teaspoon, and as the diet is already giving 60-65g carbs a day depending on whether you have a bar, you could well be knocked out of ketosis by it.

evil weevil said:
How much did you have? IIRC it's 3g carbs per teaspoon, and as the diet is already giving 60-65g carbs a day depending on whether you have a bar, you could well be knocked out of ketosis by it.

O heck :( ihad 2 teaspoons as I had 500ml of sparkling water and it's 1teaspoon per 250ml an I always have one bar a day! They should really state in the tub if hats the case! :( x

Kezmetics70 said:
I was going to buy some of the flavourings at the weekend...Probably won't now if it knocks you out of ketosis!

K xx

It could only be that that knocked me out of ketosis! some people are more carb sensitive than others :( I seem to be very sensitive to carbs whereas some people stay in ketosis on a higher carb intake! and it depends if your on shakes only your carb intake is lower than if you have bars as well x

Course it could be youre not actually out of ketosis at all and its those damn sticks doing what they do allll the time and giving false readings.

The water flavourings are designed to be used as part of the diet its unlikely a small amount would affect your ketosis.

I think Boots have the right idea - they dont sell the things if they know a person is on a VLCD ;)
Bin the sticks and use the flavourings in moderation

Starlight said:
Course it could be youre not actually out of ketosis at all and its those damn sticks doing what they do allll the time and giving false readings.

The water flavourings are designed to be used as part of the diet its unlikely a small amount would affect your ketosis.

I think Boots have the right idea - they dont sell the things if they know a person is on a VLCD ;)
Bin the sticks and use the flavourings in moderation

I agree, the sticks are a menace. They put you off faster than daily weighing. Ignore the sticks, carry on regardless, it's the reduced numbers of calories that produces weight loss. Measuring of ketones is notoriously unreliable, keep on drinking the water, it works.

GSQ

The sticks are usually pretty accurate when I use them :) i only checked because pretty soon after my stomache was rumbling, and I felt hungry. :( I wasn't that keen on it anyway,ill stick to water :) x

Back