Water Flavourings and Mousse Mix Quantities

Hi Gill.iom and welcome to minimins.

Please don't worry. What's done is done. I can't predict what the scales will say as it depends on many things, but if you get straight back on the diet (no missing out on shakes!), you will lose fat.

I think that's what most people aim for.

You'll be fine..just try to stay on plan from now on :)

Gill - they do say not to add salt to anything - herbs are fine but no salt... Tbh eating a CD Bar makes me drop out for the ketosis state - don't worry too much Perhaps the SS+ would be more suitable to you or the 810???
x x

cheers for the warm welcome guys :)

I am on the SS at the mo but tried to swap to a ss+ yesterday just for a change. won't be doing that again hehe

ss 100% here i come!!

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

What am I going to do without my lemon cheesecake mousse and my blackforest gateaux mousse :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

xx

Is it okay if I add less than 1 teaspoon (around a quarter) to a glass of sparkling water, as I do not want a whole litre of water flavouring?

Is it okay if I add less than 1 teaspoon (around a quarter) to a glass of sparkling water, as I do not want a whole litre of water flavouring?

I've done this to a 500ml bottle of sparkling and had no problems. Chill it first and it's like cold lemonade (sort of) hehe x

CDC - help!!!!

think this is where i have been going wrong................i have been using water flavouring in all my water (at least 2 and half lt per day) i read on label that it said "add a level teaspoon of mix or individual taste to 1 litre of water and stir well" BUT didnt realise could only have 1 teaspoon per day, so have been mixing it with all my water......oh no.......but at least now realised, thats why have only lost 1lb last week and 1lb this week -

what do i do now???????? used a test stick this am and not in ketosis so what shall i do??????? do i stop having bars (only have one a day) and pretend its week one again????????

please help

thanks

Please don't panic lorraine. Have the plain water (4 pints, plus more for bars/tetras). You could try dropping the water flavourings if you can manage without them, and perhaps go for the peanut or cranberry bars which have less carbs.

Don't worry too much about the ketostix. You probably are still in ketosis, just need to be extra careful.

I'm sure you'll be fine :)

Ah I did that too and only realised something was wrong when the water flavourings knocked me out of ketosis and gave me a rash. I think I am slightly allergic to aspartame :( I don't use it now because I have a tendency to want to use it all the time!!!

Mix a mousse is a powdered gelatine that turns your shakes into mousses - buy it from your Counsellor. To use it (this is what works for me):
Mix one scoop of powder with 1 shake sachet
Add to 150ml COLD water
Mix together with a spoon to get out most of thebig lumps then use a hand blender for at least 2 minutes to get as fluffy as possible
Put in the fridge or freezer (best in freezer) for 10 minutes or so to let it set
Gorgeous, and makes the shake last longer.
Only recommended one a day (still trying to find out why though on that one)
Only one scoop mousse OR one lot of water flavouring per day (not both)
Some people use more water but I like mine thick - take in more water to drink to replace that not used in a conventional shake
Enjoy!

I wish I had seen this at the start of the diet a week ago :(

I have been having 2 teaspoons of the water a day plus about 3 drinks of the vegetable mix in hot water. I do appear to have lost about 7lbs according to my scales (I get my first weigh in tonight) but maybe if I had stuck to one a day I would have lost more??
This should definitely be displayed on the packaging. I did look before I had some for the first time and its doesnt say anything so I presumed from this I could have much as I wanted. Bah.

I didn't know any of this! I've had half a teaspoon of water flavouring in each of my pints of water. That sucks.

I wonder if I'm still in Ketosis? Hmmmmm..... gutted!

I'm in my third week and have been using the berry water flavouring. Was feeling pretty pleased with myself as it has made me drink loads more water, until I read this thread! On the couple of sneaky weigh-ins I've done at my house this week the weight hasnt really seemed to have been shifting properly. I guess that's why! I've got 2 more days til my weigh-in with my CDC - no more water flavouring for me til then!:cry:

ALSO, I seem to be the only person in the CD world who doesnt like the mousse mix. No matter how much I whiz it in my blender it comes out really heavy (like thick custard) instead of fluffy, and always seems to still have lumps in it. What am I doing wrong?:confused:

I use 180mls of really cold water. I open the shake sachet and add the scoop of mix-a-mousse then close and shake the mix. Add the shake mix to the very cold water and blend for 2 mins. Then switch the blender off and stir it to add in more air. I put mine in the freezer for 10 mins max then eat. My CDC gave me this advice and it's worked everytime.

Hope this helps x

My CDC said it was fine to have the water flavouring and moose on the same day as the number of cals in each is hardly nothing!

and always seems to still have lumps in it. What am I doing wrong?:confused:

Lumps can happen if you haven't mixed the shake powder with the mousse enough before adding the water, or if you don't whizz it enough. You need at least 1 minute.

If all fails and you still can't get it and have mousse powder left, try adding a little bit to your shakes and whizz to make a thicker shake :cool:, but it's worth persevering with the mousse if you can

My CDC said it was fine to have the water flavouring and moose on the same day as the number of cals in each is hardly nothing!

It's not always the calories or carbs that cause problems, however, your consultant is right, you can have both on the same day :clap:

Kd
Just to clarify, I have been having a mix a moose along with water flavouring everynight and seem to be ok (not been weighed for 3 weeks so hard to judge) but is this ok?

Back