Water?

jadelois

Just wondering if anyone has any advice on water. Im not a massive fan of it plain so I have been having flavoured sparkling instead. Sugar free of course and counting what little carbs are in them but is this a good idea? Am I likely to be losing less as a result?

i add a little diluting juice to it, found that the lemon ones don't leave you wanting something else sweet, and just a tad of carbs to add to the daily tally.

I do that too tazbabe, just with a tiny bit of blackcurrant.

I'd heard that citric acid can kick you out of ketosis?

Might be wrong like...I normally am!

Tesco's double strength sugar free blackcurrant is less than 2g of carbs per 100ml...and you only need a little splash in a pint of water to make it less 'gaggable' hehe

aye, the citric acid thing has made me wonder too, but i have decided that i need to drink, and am more likely to do so if it tastes of something,!

Yeah I've a bottle of Lemon cordial (no added sugar, of course) that I use. Couldn't drink plain water all day long, and like Taz says - takes the edge of wanting sweet stuff. I've noticed no problem with this and Ketosis at all, but I like it fairly weak so don't know if that would have an effect (I drink several glasses per day).

I have noticed last week tho since I started drinking more diet coke and low cal tonic water (both containing aspartame) last week that I stopped losing weight. I don't think it kicked me out of ketosis but I think my body might have been using the energy from those ahead of my own fat so you might wanna monitor it daily (if you're that kind of person - I am!)

We have had people reporting that citric acid stalls them.

I think maybe that is my problem then. I might try just water with a little juice instead, need to keep up the amount but there is definitely citric acid in the sparkling, maybe keep it for a treat instead of diet coke.
I dont know if thats what has been stalling me or if its something else . . . so if I knock it on the head for a while and see if it makes a difference!

Experiment. See what slows you down and see what doesn't. You've already made a great start and finding out what works for you will only add a couple of days on to your timescale here and there - in the long run you'll be happier and have a wider choice of food and drink.

asda do diet and caffiene free coke without citric acid, tesco premium diet coke doesnt have citric acid in either

Ooh thanks, will have a look!

Back