Water

Sweetie_Jo

Does anyone have any tips on how to drink the recommended 3 litres of water a day?

I keep getting a swooshy feeling in my stomach like theres too much liquid in it.

I dont gulp the water down and try to space it out and have a little at a time but im still struggling!

I can only drink it warm, everytime I boil the kettle, I fill up a pint glass and let it cool slightly!

I think you're doing the right thing by spacing it out. If you don't like the taste, SnS do nice water flavours but I've got some cambridge diet ones that I like, or you could try sipping water with tea/coffee (1 sip of tea, 3 of water!). I tend to drink when I'm walking. Also, something I learnt from a friend was to measure out 2.5 litres of water (that's what I have a day not including weak peppermint teas, or water in teas and coffees or fizzy water with flavourings) and put it into small glasses around my kitchen, office, etc. Visually, it can be easier to handle when it's small amounts. See what works for you.

That sounds like a good idea!

I will try putting it in smaller glasses! I have a huge water bottle so just looking at it makes me feel bloated.

Im going to look for water flavourings now.

I'm struggling with the water too. I think it will be easier when the weather is warmer,

I have a soda stream and they are 1 litre bottles... I try to have 3 a day... Definately easier when you have a definate measure.... for me anyway!!

X

Hi, I struggle with the 3l water but have been getting the tesco's own strawberry water 1.5l bottles and that's going down better. Maybe somthing you could try!x

yes the flavoured water with malic acid and not citric acid is fine.

I am really struggling with my water as have come down with a bad cold/ chest and I'm freezing anyway so I am having more hot drinks. I normally have a pint or two of water with each shake as I like the full feeling it gives you.

I've taken the advice of having my water in smaller glasses and I've already nearly drunk 2 litres! and don't even feel bloated! I'm just having to use the loo every 5 minutes lol

I'm also drinking it through a straw which is helping it go down easier.

Thanks for the advice :)

I bought a lovely water bottle with a built in straw (it's for runners, of which I am not) and it helps me to drink lots as it feels nice when you're drinking from it and all of a sudden there is none left! It's called intak by thermos. I bought it so I could bring my shakes to work (cos I only like them blended with ice -fussy I know). But may use it as my water bottle too now :D

I use a sports cap water bottle and keep refilling with tap and a splash of sugar free diluting juice. Have done this since week 2 and still lost at same rate. I keep two different flavours going in my bag all day so I don't get too fed up with the same
Taste. Means my fluid stays regular and I don't drink dangerous amounts at one time

Back