We can walk 100 miles

Hello
I'm new & would really like to take part in a walking/running challenge. Please can you let me know what the challenge is?
many thanks

No real challenge here - just a way of keeping track of how far we've walked, ran or cycled. You can go at your own pace x

Hi lisalris, the original challenge was to walk 100 miles, some of us completed that challenge and then continued the habit. It encouraged me to make a change in my commute to work, I walk instead of getting a second train for one stop. It soon adds up, 3 miles a day. Then instead of watching my son do his rugby training I walked round the block a couple of times. This all progressed to jogging, which progressed to a bit of trail and road running. You never know where it could lead you. Why not set yourself the challenge to walk 100 miles by a certain time? Work out where and when you can fit it in your daily/weekly routine. It might become a habit. Most enjoyable in the better weather!

2 miles walked on school run today - 147 miles done - 53 miles to go to 200 miles.

Then I ran 5km! First time since Xmas - I was extremely slow!!!

Angela x

Oh I'm back in the groove alright! Tap dancing last night & 4 more miles walked on school run.
So that's 151 miles walked 49 to go to 200.
I followed a 6 week training at home - which in reality took me a year! - to get me to a 5k run, so I was just thinking about shaking things up a bit so I think I will go back to the beginning of this as it is interval run/walk in short bursts & follow this once or twice a week along with a 5k run once a week. I'll keep you posted!

Angela

6 miles done this week - that's 179 so far - 21 to go to 200 miles!
It's getting a bit lonely here - does anybody fancy joining me???

I love walking too... Have the company of my furry companions... Probably cover at least 15-20 per week.

Back