Weasey's Diary - The Journey to Size 10...

I didn't always need one - but sometimes I did - depended on the type of plane I think. I'm looking forward to the tray being flat - I don't think I've ever managed that!

The Easyjet belts are shorter than the BA ones I think. You get what you pay for ;)

Weasey, you holdiay sounds so exciting and it's admirable that you are going to stick to plan! Only 11 pounds to go it is so very exciting! I am planning to stick to plan when I go to Paris next week. It sounds crazy but I can always go to Paris again and eat French cusisine and drink lovely wine (albeit small quantities of it) once I've shed this extra weight. So this time I am no allowing myself a break like I did at February half term because I simply couldn't get back on track after that.

I've been doing this since the end of July and this is just the way I eat now. It doesn't seem admirable to me to stick to the packs because for me this is normal! I think it's because I haven't taken any breaks. Every 12 weeks I added milk for a week to increase the calories (LL approach) rather than going back to food. So I haven't had any weeks off or anything. Will make refeeding more challenging I suspect!

Awh! Hon, believe me it is admirable and inspirational! I think on re-fee you will be equally focused and determined and enjoy every morsel of food you consume. I'd love to be like that someday! I'm not striving for a bikini body because I'll never have one and I never really did even when I was a size 8 to 10! I just want to feel "comfortable" and lose the extra padding. Interestingly like you I;ve had that seat belt fear and experience and awful flight to Toronto in the summer of 2009 (which led to shedding 2 stones on return only to regain in 2010!) I had a pair of jeans on and weighed 11st which for my frame and height was obese. The seat belt did up no problem but as the flight went on my jeans got tighter and tighter (I was squeezing myself into large size 14 jeans) and I had to undo the top button and zip during the rest of the flight. Of course on landing I had to pull the zip up and luckily kept button undone as my top covered me up!

Argh!! I am glad I have recounted that experience as I just feel sick about how uncomfortable I felt!! It was just painful! I just so don't want to go there again!

I have had a lovely morning this am, Weasey, reading your diary. Really inspiring. I was using lapbelts on most economy flights in Europe (especially the budget ones) and internal US flights- business to the US was OK. Maybe businessmen are more ample! So I know how exciting it will be to just slip into your seat and to have space between you and the tray.

I was interested in you becoming a slim person. I am sure that your success will be underpinned by the psychological work and prep you are doing. I already feel different half way through the weight shedding period - different from previous times - and loving getting into smaller clothes. I love being able to read about how you and others are managing this here on Minimins.

Thank you for posting regularly and enjoy your holiday.

Ali

Thanks guys - I really appreciate the comments! I still find it strange that I think of myself as a slim person now - but I do! Even thinking about joining a health club - eeek!

Wow weasey, well done Hun, you have done so fantastic. From a size 26 to a 12 is phenomenal!
You should be so proud of yourself.
Xx

Thanks guys - it is a life changer that's for sure!

weasey said:
Thanks guys - I really appreciate the comments! I still find it strange that I think of myself as a slim person now - but I do! Even thinking about joining a health club - eeek!

How wonderful that you are already seeing yourself as a slim person, it can take years for some people's minds to catch up!

SerenityValley said:
How wonderful that you are already seeing yourself as a slim person, it can take years for some people's minds to catch up!

I've been working hard at my body image. I went into shops and tried clothes on loads until I was no longer shocked at what I saw. A while after I got my body image sorted I realised that I now thought of myself as a slim person - I don't know whether it was related or not.

I dont think I'll ever think of myelf like that!!!

I'll always have the mind of a fat girl!!!

: /

Awh! Weasey, I just think that is fantastic! I think I'll not be able to think I am slim unless I feel slim inside, if that makes sense? For it means mainting, controlling my bingeing and being able to make healthy choice instead of binge food choices. I think I have to leanr to like myself, love myself even before I can do that. So more work in progress!

I agree guys - it was a bit of a surprise when I found that my thinking had changed to be honest. I'm hoping that having this different view will hepl me to maintain (fingers crossed!)

what a lovely read of yr diary weasey you have done brilliant , so well done :)

Thanks Louise

I fit in my 'jeans of truth'!

I have grey jeans in a 12 which I noticed the other day were getting rather lose. I have blue jeans in a 14 which I'm wearing today and they're huge! So I thought I'd try my 'jeans of truth' blue size 10s - and they fit!!! A little tight but I don't care - I'm going to wear them anyway!

Aww bet that's a lovely feeling well done :) x

Back