Weasey's Diary - The Journey to Size 10...

Well done! I love that phrase jeans of truth! Lol

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

I don't recognise myself...

I was at a family party on Friday and saw lots of people who I last saw 6 months ago. Lots of lovely comments, wore my dress of truth (even if it was a little tight) and had a lovely time. Yesterday I was round at my cousins and looking at some photos which were taken the night before and I hardly recognised myself! Not the body size - I've been really working on that - but my face. Now I've been bemoaning the people who don't recognise me when they see me - but now I totally get it. I hardly recognise me either! How wierd! I obviously bneed to work on my face image as well as my body image!

I've got back my face - chins gone and cheek bones re-emerged. My skin is great after some spots - and I look 10 years younger than I did in December. It's my familiar face and I'm pleased to see me again!

So I hope you become allied again to your new face, Weasey.

Are you doing the protein meals? And have your losses slowed as you get closer to goal?

AliGal said:
I've got back my face - chins gone and cheek bones re-emerged. My skin is great after some spots - and I look 10 years younger than I did in December. It's my familiar face and I'm pleased to see me again!

So I hope you become allied again to your new face, Weasey.

Are you doing the protein meals? And have your losses slowed as you get closer to goal?

I have never been this weight before - so I guess I have never seen my 'true' face...

Yes, I am on 3 packs and a protein meal now, for the first 6 months I was on 4 packs, no veg, no milk. For the last few months I have moved to 3 packs plus protein and veggies, still no milk. My weight loss has slowed down, but I have also upped the calories so not easy to determine whether it's because I'm closer to goal or because I'm eating more.

My weight loss has slowed down, but I have also upped the calories so not easy to determine whether it's because I'm closer to goal or because I'm eating more.

I'm the same. I think it's a bit of both, and once you're lighter your BMR is lower than when you're heavier so you need more of a calorie deficit to lose the weight than before. It's not particularly bothering me that I'm not losing as much now though as it's not like I can simply stop watching what I eat when I reach goal, I just move onto a slightly different plan.

Hi Weasey, thank you for sharing your diary. You and so many others have been such an inspiration to me. I'm so excited to start tomorrow. It feels like I've got a mountain to climb at the moment but when I read these diaries I know I can do this. Life is too short to be hiding in a fat suit.

Welcome Tiggertoes and thanks for your comments! Good luck on your journey.

Difficulty of Not Being Able to Plan...

So, I'm back from my hols. Had a wonderful time in Turkey! Was planning on doing 3 packs plus protein meal whilst away. Only took bars as they were easy to use whilst on the run (I moved on to another place almost every day whilst I was away) and although not recommended by SnS they don't contain too many carbs like other VLCDs and I take a multivitamin so not too worried nutritionally.

Normally I plan my meals in advance. Once I've been shopping and chosen the food I enter it all into MYFitnessPal for the next few days and check that the carb level, calorie level and protein level are all acceptable. On the day I may swap one pack for another one but I always check in MFP first as some packs are much higher in carbs than others. This planning works really well for me. I always know what I'm going to have in advance and I know that it fits in with the diet. When I go out for meals I either look at the menu before I go and choose what I'm going to have or I have a fillet steak and salad without dressing, or chicken breast and salad without dressing.

I intend to continue with this planning during maintenance. It works really well for me and is not something I had done before. However, what happens when you can't plan and don't have the same level of control? On my holiday I couldn't look up the menu in advance, I didn't know what the portion sizes would be, I didn't know how things had been cooked, I didn't know whether the food had been marinated in something containing citric acid, I didn't know whether I was eating the right portion size (at home I just use the weight on the packet to guide me) and my few phrases of Turkish weren't enough to be able to ask... I could have gone to 4 packs a day (took enough to allow for that) but I couldn't face having 4 bars a day every day and nothing savoury - I don't have a sweet tooth. On top of that I was much more active than usual and found myself getting hungry so for the first 3/4 days I had 4 bars a day plus protein meal.

I could feel myself putting weight on. My clothes were that bit tighter. My husband mentioned it to me as well. We discussed it and I decided to go back to 3 bars per day and to try to stick to chicken and white fish rather than red meat. This worked better for me and at my unofficial weigh in this morning I have put on 2 lbs. Am hoping to get rid of that before my official weigh in - which this week is unfortunately a day early (Weds rather than Thurs).

It came as a bit of a shock to me that I had such trouble coping - as I find it easy at home. It's a really valuable lesson for me though - what do I do when I can't plan? I need to mull on this a bit more but I have started to formulate some rules for myself in similar circumstances...

1. Eat chicken or white fish
2. Learn what the portion sizes look like and don't eat more than that.
3. Don't take just bars - take a mixture and then if I need to go back to 4 packs per day it isn't quite so boring.
4. Being more active isn't an excuse to eat more...

Having said all of that I didn't eat any of the carby things which abounded, didn't eat the salad when it was covered in olive oil, didn't touch a drop of alcohol... So highly successful in that way.

Most importantly I bought myself 2 beautiful leather jackets which will be a wonderful reminder of my holiday and which are slightly snug at the moment and will be just right when I reach goal... Which is officially 3 lbs away (but unofficially 5 lbs...)

Wow that's incredible will power - well done. I was going to ask where in Turkey but you said you moved around a lot - were you in resorts or inland? Just curious as I love Turkey but have only been in resorts - I'm going for 3 weeks in the summer to Icmeler but it will definately be an eating and drinking holiday for me :)

Not resorts - Istanbul, Gallipoli, Troy, Ephesus and Pamukkale - so all in the west really. I'm thinking of going back next year and travelling round the central bit and perhaps out to the east too. I do love my travelling!

That shows soo much control!
Well done on only 2lbs gain!

Your holiday sounds fabulous!

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

Not resorts - Istanbul, Gallipoli, Troy, Ephesus and Pamukkale - so all in the west really. I'm thinking of going back next year and travelling round the central bit and perhaps out to the east too. I do love my travelling!

Ah - I've been to Ephesus and Pamukkale - amazing! I love my travelling ( well holidays) too - thinking of Goa next year and would like to get around a bit there too :)

Hi Weasey, welcome back and good to hear that you had a lovely time. It's incredible how gaining a few pounds will make your clothes feel tighter so quickly. I just wish losing a few pounds would also have the opposite effect and make my clothes baggy quicker...lol x

Maka said:
Hi Weasey, welcome back and good to hear that you had a lovely time. It's incredible how gaining a few pounds will make your clothes feel tighter so quickly. I just wish losing a few pounds would also have the opposite effect and make my clothes baggy quicker...lol x

I've really noticed how losing weight makes a huge difference to my shape now that I'm nearly at goal (and now have noticed the same with gaining!) whereas it made very little difference as I was going along. I guess in some ways it makes a lot of sense as 2lb now is a bigger proportion than it was when I started - it still surprises me how much difference it makes though.

Debs154 said:
Ah - I've been to Ephesus and Pamukkale - amazing! I love my travelling ( well holidays) too - thinking of Goa next year and would like to get around a bit there too :)

I love travelling so much! At the end of October I'm travelling around Romania (Transylvania at Halloween - I'm so sad!) and in either December or February I want to go to Costa Rica on an activity holiday - cycling, hiking, kayaking, white water rafting, rapelling etc. It's my way of getting me fit - I'll be so scared about trying to do it without working on my fitness first that it'll focus me on getting fit - that's the theory at any rate! Either that or I'll end up killing myself!

Can I have your life please!!!!!! Well done on your amazing determination and staggering weightloss! You're a poster girl for the VLCD! x

Last edited:
Shivie said:
Can I have your life please!!!!!! Well done on your amazing determination and staggering weightloss! You're a poste girl for the VLCD! x

Thanks hun!

oooh Weasey - 3lbs to go and look at that light little BMI you are sporting. It suits you, ma'am. Suits you very much! I am so impresssed and am following in your footsteps.

Ali

Back