Weasey's Diary - The Journey to Size 10...

Thanks Ali! Only 2 lbs to go now... might be there next week! How exciting!

Awesome. It's wonderful to see you into the home straight.

I'm especially happy today as I'm into the 14s just! 30.06% shed and just under 3 stone to my Alizonne goal. That will still leave me with a BMI of 27 - so we shall see if I will stay there or go lower. The target is set with my weight history taken into account - so intended to be sustainable. My skin is doing really well except upper arms. The therapist told me skin continues improving many months after weight is stable. How's you skin, Weasey?

Very soon I will be into Phase 2 - 120g lean meat or chicken or calves liver or 140g white fish/scallops/crab/squid with the evening vegetables - and only 4 sachets for the next two stone or so. Then we phase through another 6 phases dropping sachets and/or adding in different food groups and stabilising to steady state.

Thank you for leading the way!

It's great to see it all coming off isn't it?!

My skin is actually pretty good considering that I have been obese (probably morbidly obese) for my whole adult life (I'm 43 now)! I have a little loose skin on my thighs and my tummy - but nothing to get stressed about - just a bit baggy! My arms are probably the worst bit but they seem to be improving - so all good news! Glad to hear that your skin is doing well.

I'm so looking forward to moving on into maintenance. I intend to take a very long time over the refeed - probably 12 weeks or more. This is the difficult bit as far as I'm concerned. Glad I have therapy too - makes all the difference to me.

Sooooo exciting and excited for you Weasey x

I second that, Dee & Maka.

I've been overweight all my adult life too - 30 years plus.....

Glad to hear your arms are improving, Weasey, and the therapy helps.

I think a long term refeed is a great plan. On Alizonne, we have salad at lunch and evening vegetables with a savoury sachet all the way through. We add back a protein evening meal when we've lost 70%. At 90%, we add in the other food groups. By the end, 5 sachets a day are replaced by 5 meals - well 3 meals and 2 snacks. So mine will take 3 months or so, and include a loss of nearly 3 stone!

Thanks guys!

That sounds great Ali - the refeed is effectively part of the plan for you. I did the first 6 months on 4 packs, no milk, no veggies. This was a really useful period for me to reassess my relationship with food. At the 6 month mark I wanted to start practicing some of the coping mechanisms I'd been developing so I chose to move to 3 packs plus a protein meal. I've been doing that 3 months now. I'll be following the LL refeed - but taking it slowly even for them. This is the hard bit. Also, I have diabetes (T2) and I want to spend time understanding what affect different types of food have on my blood sugar. Another reason to take it slowly.

I have (slightly prematurely) started my re-feed diary in the re-feed forum. I still have a lb to go but I have planned what I will be doing - detail for first phase only - and so I thought I would record it in there. Hopefully this last lb will disappear by official weigh in on Thursday evening and then I will be on re-feed on Friday!

Hey weasey just thought if pop in to say you have done amazing such an inspiration to the rest of us showing there is light at the end of the tunnel good luck for ur last 2lb sure it won't take long

That sounds like a great plan, Weasey. I'm sure the longer period of portion controlled protein and ongoing weight loss will set you up well for future maintainence. We've had a long time eating larger portions than our body needed so we need new habits engrained.

I'll look at the LL refeed - I thought the S&S one was a bit fast and slightly clunky (who has that many grammes of a jacket potato??) Ours goes over 6 phases, and weight is monitored until all foods are introduced and we are steady - then we go onto monthly visits. Some people still have skin tightening treatments at the same time, and they provide advice if we are still loosing or start gaining.

I like the fact that because Alizonne is Dutch the breakfast options when phasing back include a slice of bread with a slice of cold meat. I'll probably make some paleo style bread with same calorific values. I don't`care for cereals which are the alternative.

How's your skin doing? Mine is loose on upper arms and also I now have a belly pouch as that's emptying. It's small and I have more skin tightening treatments so I'm hopeful it will improve.

Have a lovely Sunday,

How exciting!!! You've done incredibly well!!! What an inspiration!!!!

Well done !!!!

X

You have done a fantastic job here, and your wisdom has been great on here. Don't disappear!

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

You have done a fantastic job here, and your wisdom has been great on here. Don't disappear!

Weasey has disappeared - well 129lbs of her anyway ;)

Congratulations Weasey! It's truly exciting to see one of us hitting goal and moving on to "real life". And all the best with your refeed plans x

BordersGirl said:
Weasey has disappeared - well 129lbs of her anyway ;)

Lol!

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

lol BG!

I won't be disappearing! I have at least 7 weeks of refeed - and actually I think it'll be more like 3 to 4 months. Also, I'm thinking of doing the Dukan weight consolidation phase for 2 years - so I'll be around for a while!

AliGal said:
How's your skin doing? Mine is loose on upper arms and also I now have a belly pouch as that's emptying. It's small and I have more skin tightening treatments so I'm hopeful it will improve.

Have a lovely Sunday,

My skin isn't too bad considering that I've been overweight my whole adult life and I am 43 now. I have loose skin on my thighs - so I wear jammers (like cycling shorts) when I go swimming. I have a bit of a tummy pouch - which still has some fat in it - but I'm looking to exercise to address that. I also have loose skin on my upper arms. I'm currently doing a 100 consecutive press up challenge which I'm hoping will help with that! I'm getting really excited about increasing my exercise as I increase my calories. I'm booking up an activity holiday for the start of next year so I need to be fit for it - it'll include a 4 day hike, white water rafting, mounting biking, cycling around, kayaking, zip lining, sea kayaking and other scary things! I know I couldn't cope withit now so it means that I'll have to work on my fitness!

Yep - in size 10 for most shops - Karen Millen is still a 12 though!

Karen Millen is sized for skinnies :)

Back