Weasey's Diary - The Journey to Size 10...

You're very welcome! After about 6 or 8 weeks I knew I would get to goal. Now the challenge is staying there!

Can I ask did you set your goal at what it is now right from the start or did you change. I think I may have read that you changed it but I am not sure now. I am thinking of setting my goal lower particularly as I know that I will go up 4 -7lb straight away.

I originally set it at 10 stone - then I changed my mind and went for 9.5 stone - then I changed it again and went back to 10 stone... 10 stone is a bmi of 22.5 for me so mid way healthy bmi. I'm intending to refeed over 7 to 21 weeks (prob more like 14) so won't be putting on extra weight - initially I'll probably lose a
ittle more (whilst I'm still in ketosis) and then I'll put it on again.

Thanks Weasey. I see some people with quite high goal weights and I wonder if that might be better and then adjust it but I think I will stick with it as it is for now and see how I get on.

Thanks Weasey. I see some people with quite high goal weights and I wonder if that might be better and then adjust it but I think I will stick with it as it is for now and see how I get on.
I may adjust mine... gonna see hoe i feel i think..... For me its more about size and fitness!!! X

Deciding targets is interesting, Elizabeth. The Alizonne GPs take our past histories into account - I think if, loike me, someone has been overweight for all their adult life (30+years for me) then the target may well be higher. I think it's supposed to be more sustainable.

My target is a BMI of 27 and I think might have been higher - but I was attached to being size 12 and into the 11s - just under 12 stone! Now I'm 6stone plus down - I'm not sure I should go another 2 1/2 stone. I certainly have fat to loose but my skin is softening fast (tum, upper inner thighs and upper inner arms). The fat is from outer thighs, buttocks. /flanks and still the torso. So I'm going to discuss it with the GP when I meet her for the monthly review - as she has good experience of how weight shifts in different body types and ages.

I was trying on clothes today in Matalan (the clothes shop just beside our railway station....). I am Matalan size 18 in jackets becuase of my bosom. I'm still in ASDA size 16 trews - they are loose but still wayyyyy off the 14s. I can now do up the lower button of the size 14 Edina Ronay raincoat I bought in TK Maxx - the top button (bust level) is not achievable yet. My tummy is amazingly retracted using the ultrasound to nempty the fat cells - not overhanging just a little soft. So my question will be about size rather than pounds/kilos, and how much the ultrasound will make a difference to the things.

Ali

Thanks for that information AliGal. I think that Alizonne sounds good but I don't think there is a clinic close to me. It is a shame because it seems good.

what an inspiring read :) congratulations on such a fantastic loss weasey. I can't imagine being back at a size 10, I think I visited there once in my teens 20 odd years ago!

my focus has always been on size and body image as opposed to the numbers on the scales or BMI. Now I am comfortably in a 16 and some size 14's I think I it is adding to the temptation to stop or at the very least change from a vlcd. I think it may be time to find a dress of truth of my very own and thanks to this inspiring read I may just dare to get it in a size 10 :D

Hooked said:
what an inspiring read :) congratulations on such a fantastic loss weasey. I can't imagine being back at a size 10, I think I visited there once in my teens 20 odd years ago!

my focus has always been on size and body image as opposed to the numbers on the scales or BMI. Now I am comfortably in a 16 and some size 14's I think I it is adding to the temptation to stop or at the very least change from a vlcd. I think it may be time to find a dress of truth of my very own and thanks to this inspiring read I may just dare to get it in a size 10 :D

14/16 is a dangerous size. You can buy clothes from all shops and you look good in them. It's an easy time to become complacent and come off the diet. For me it was important that I reached my mid range bmi goal weight and that kept me focussed. From talking to a number of people who returned to LL after losing weight previously it became clear that this happened because they either didn't do a slow refeed where they would learn how to eat to maintain their new weight or they never actually achieved their goal weight (perhaps because family thought they had lost enough) and so didn't have that sense of having gotten to where they want to be. We will all have our own place where we want to be and the best thing to do is sit and think about the size you would like to be and then stick to that.

I have never seen a size 10 before - even in my teens I was larger than the average bear. I love The fact that you can express your personality through your clothes! I never really underrstood why people liked clothes so much until I realised that I could use them for self expression - love it!

Weird isnt it... I always thought i just wasnt into clothes...... Low and behold now I'm getting smaller I am re-kindling this obsession!!! ; )

X

Deezer said:
Weird isnt it... I always thought i just wasnt into clothes...... Low and behold now I'm getting smaller I am re-kindling this obsession!!! ; )

X

I know! I never had the obession in the first place as I was always large and so it just wasn't a possibility when I was younger or as I became an adult. I just wasn't interested in them. But now I can wear things that are a bit quirky - or beautiful - or shocking - or absolutely fantastic! Clothes that really say something about who I am. I just never realised that there was this self expression part of choosing and wearing clothes! I'm not sure my bank balance will survive though...

Here are some goal photos...

61234-albums3759-picture53022.JPG

61234-albums3759-picture53019.JPG

61234-albums3759-picture53021.JPG

The next one amused me -I wasn't aware my hubby was taking it!

61234-albums3759-picture53023.jpg

Oh - and a before/during...

61234-albums3759-picture44259.jpg

Weasey, well done. You look sooo amazing. You are very inspirational and a great ad for SnS.
Congratulations xxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Wow! What a transformation! You are an amazing source of inspiration..
Well done!

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

Wow and double wow you look amazing x x

Wow and double wow you look fantastic x

Sorry didn't mean to duplicate my phone is playing up I think x

Thanks guys!

Back