Weasey's Diary - The Journey to Size 10...

Well done!! That's a great jump start!! Xx

I just realised I haven't updated with this week's loss (weigh in day Friday) so here goes (sound of trumpets and such like).... I lost half a pound! I'm actually smiling as I write this because although the weight loss was low I'm feeling so much smaller. My clothes are looser and I can see a marked difference in my swimwear than from a few weeks ago. It feels like everything's coming together and I'm so pleased that I decided to come back and take off the excess from when I was learning to maintain.

Well it's either that or a ketosis high I guess :)

Fantastic positive attitude Weasey....it doesn't seem as if you're focusing on the scales alone and are looking at the bigger picture-a much better approach. X

Well done Weasley that's a great approach !!

Congrats on the loss :)

Thanks guys :)

Hmmm. My mum was taken into hospital last night - as I found out when I phoned for a chat and my dad said they couldn't talk because she had to go in. It then took me until 10am today to get hold of him to find out what was happening. I live 300 miles away so it's a bit difficult to pop over... It sounds like it could be serious so I'm driving down tomorrow. I'm worried about her but not feeling overly stressed as far as I can tell. However, I'm feeling hungry - really hungry. I know this is unlikely to be physical hunger but it feels physical. Also, does that mean that I'm more stressed than I'm admitting to myself? That doesn't feel right - but if I'm not that stressed why am I feeling hungry?!

There's no question that I'm continuing on the diet whilst I'm there by the way. It may make it difficult for me to weigh in this week though.

Hmmm. My mum was taken into hospital last night - as I found out when I phoned for a chat and my dad said they couldn't talk because she had to go in. It then took me until 10am today to get hold of him to find out what was happening. I live 300 miles away so it's a bit difficult to pop over... It sounds like it could be serious so I'm driving down tomorrow. I'm worried about her but not feeling overly stressed as far as I can tell. However, I'm feeling hungry - really hungry. I know this is unlikely to be physical hunger but it feels physical. Also, does that mean that I'm more stressed than I'm admitting to myself? That doesn't feel right - but if I'm not that stressed why am I feeling hungry?! There's no question that I'm continuing on the diet whilst I'm there by the way. It may make it difficult for me to weigh in this week though.

I'm sorry to hear that Weasley !

I hope she is ok ..... With the sounds of it you do sound super stressed to be honest !

I think you answered you your own question as well with regards to feeling hungry probably more of a Mentle thing with the stress and worry !!
have a safe journey down there and keep us posted !

Good luck & take care :) xxx

Hi weasey, Hope you have a safe journey and it's nothing serious with your mum. Your hunger may be related to stress even tho you don't feel stressed. The body reacts to stress by releasing large volumes of cortisol which can cause extreme hunger. Physical hunger.

More importantly however, take care of yourself x

Last edited:
Oh weasey sorry to hear that. :(
I hope everything is ok.
Take care xx

Sorry to hear about your Mum Weasey-hopefully you'll feel more assured when you Ger to see her.

It's definitely stress causing the phantom hunger-I was exactly the same today-hated my curry at lunch and picked at homemade chicken goujons in the evening-better than picking at the red velvet cupcakes though.

Don't beat yourself up if you go slightly off plan...you've enough on your plate.

Thinking of you...

Thanks guys. The hunger is OK now (after pilates - maybe relaxation made a difference?!) and I'm glad that I made the decision to travel down tomorrow. I won't actually get to see her tomorrow as it's a 6 hour drive plus stops and the hospital is another hour on top of that and I wouldn't get there during visiting hours - but I'll see her on Wednesday and at least I'm doing something. Thank goodness I have an understanding manager at work.

Gosh what a worry for you, please take care with all that driving, thinking of you.

I'm sitting in a service station towards the end of my 300 mile drive today and realised that I hadn't updated my diary on someing which happened yesterday... I was making space in a drawer and I came across a flight seat belt extension. Now I 'accidentally' kept this after one flight to prevent me having to ask for one ever again. Then I would take it with me and use it if I needed to. I took it out intending to throw it away and then for some reason I tried it on around my waist - and it did up! My husband said I could wear it as a belt (!) - don't think I'll be doing that but how amazing is that? Reinforces what a big change I've been through. For some reason I kind of forget that I was ever larger, even though I know it's true and I lived all of my adult life as obese or morbidly obese until about a year ago (and I'm 44 now).

That story is inspirational to me weasey. In recent years I have come to dread flying. I haven't needed a seat belt yet but have been uncomfortably shoe horned into my seat. I have also been unable to use my flight table, having to share with my OH, which I've found mortifying.

Oh yes - I had the table refusing to go flat and all of the problems that created... The last couple of times I've flown I keep doing and undoing my belt and putting my tray table up and down because I can't believe how easy it is now!

It's strange because I always enjoyed my holidays and didn't even really think about being big on holiday. Just the flights I dreaded. The only thing that saved me from the expander was control pants that I called my flight pants. Ridiculous.
I've lost a stone and a half in total and have a long way to go. Wish I had discovered a VLCD years ago cause I just can't trust myself around food. I know the all or nothing approach can't be forever but hopefully will be able to reeducate myself and change my thinking. I'm a mental health nurse and do CBT day in, day out. Applying it to my own psyche seems to be a different matter altogether tho.
I have a holiday in jan and plan to have my own drinks from my own flight table.
Your such an inspiration. Send some of your will power my way :) x

I'm quite all or nothing too! For me giving up food was a really powerful part of the diet. For the first 6 months I did 4 packs a day - no milk and no veg. I needed that I think to give me the opportunity to break my addictive behaviours and renegotiate my relationship with food. It's all about what works for you and your individual needs.

Last edited:
I think it's giving up food that's made me stick to it. There's no inner conflict. It's just I can't have it and that's that. Before I faffed about on diets - If i 'cheated' I stuffed my face the rest of the day. I'd 'borrow' calories/points/sins from future days pretending to myself I'd pay them back. Don't think I ever stuck to a plan for more than a few days. So I'm amazed I'm doing this, without too much difficulty. I have 3 packs and the small meal. I was a carb junkie previously so the meal dosent make me want to eat more. In actual fact I enjoy the packs more than the meal.

Back