Weasey's Diary - The Journey to Size 10...

Weasey I've only just caught up with your diary and seen your post about your mum going to hospital. I hope all is ok. Love your post about the seatbelt extension belt as well. You are such an inspiration.

(I mix up anxiety and hunger too, by the way.)

Thanks Spangly. My mum is not well but is ok thank goodness. It's nice to be able to see her and talk to her to assess how she is though - rather than trying to do it fromm 300 miles away.

Glad your mum's OK.

I think the seatbelt issue is huge. I think that is what got me to the point of 'enough'. I didn't have to get the extension belt this summer but it was touch and go and the tray table definitely wasn't coming down. I know that the 2inches I have lost already would make so much difference. I never want that feeling again. The other thing is taking up too much room on the bus and seeing myself on the CCTV hanging over the edge of the seat. I really had forgotten what it felt like to be so big and I really don't like it. This is hard but it's worth it as being a regular size is so much easier.

So glad your mum is alright !
Puts your mind at rest doesn't it x

She is doing better thanks. I've been very remiss in writing in my diary lately! All going well though. Except that this morning I had to rush to a meeting and had forgotten to have breakfast so I had to have a chicken noodle curry soup as it was the quickest thing to make and take will me. Not sure it's quite as breakfast like as oatmeal...

Next week I'm in a hotel in London from Monday to Friday. I have breakfast at the hotel so I might have eggs for that. There's also a buffet lunch each day (which I just intend to avoid) and then I was thinking of a chicken salad or something for dinner. I don't want to come off the diet so I'll be doing shakes (but I do dislike them!). It's always awkward when you're away. Particularly when it's for business so you're expected to go for dinner in the evening. Happy to stick to protein and veg though.

Today has been a good one! Lovely weather, fantastic roller derby training session followed by a jacuzzi, and a lovely seabass fillet and stir fry for my dinner. Yum yum! Weigh in day tomorrow (I moved it to Mondays) so fingers crossed...

I LOVE seabass! My favourite fish. It was such a beautiful day wasn't it?!! Xx

STS at weigh in today. Not a problem as am feeling smaller and I'm happy!

Off to London today for a conference for the week. Should be fun. I've bought more shakes (yuck!) and chicken noodle soup (ok) as they're the easiest things to have whilst away. I might be a little chicked noodled out by the end of the week...

Morning Weasey! Even with a STS you are so very close to getting rid of the small amount of excess! It's amazing how only a few pounds can make a difference to clothes fitting or not fitting! It's seems you have a manged to get back into vlcd (SnS) with relative ease and that's great!

It's taken me several weeks to actually reach day 7 to shift around half a stone or more which I regained! However, re-inspired when I see others sticking to plan with big losses small or STS's! For me it's about the control of choosing to stay on plan and revisiting other foods for now.

Enjoy the rest of your week! Btw the veg soup is ok too I found.

I agree about the few lbs. 6 lbs at this point makes a huge difference to the size of my stomach! I think it's because that's where most of my weight is at the moment.

I did try to go back on SnS at the end of last year to shift the extra stone but I couldn't do it - I kept rebelling. This time it's easier I think because I've worked out how to maintain. At the end of last year I'd been putting weight on since I'd reached goal and I was just trying to take it off again, but I didn't know how to keep it off at the end. Now that I've been maintaining my weight for the last 11 months I know I can maintain, so now it's a case of getting rid of the excess and then maintaining. Somehow that gives me a different attitude.

Now that you've reached day 7 you should be fine (fingers crossed for you!). It shouldn't take you long to lose your extra half stone. It's great that you are addressing it now.

One of the reasons I'm losing slower this time I think is that I'm still exercising. But that's OK by me - I don't want to give it up! (Who'd have thought I would be saying that a few years ago?!)

I'm a bit wary of the soups - particularly after an unpleasant tomato soup incident! But they are so much more practical when you don't have access to a microwave. Most of the packs I have are oatmeal, spicy spaghetti, chilli, cottage pie type ones. I find the bars too tempting and am not at all keen on the shakes - I'd rather eat something savoury.

I'm with you on tomato soup! Didn't like the CD ones I tried years ago either so never tried the SnS one! Sometime having the same packs actually helps I find!

Intereting that 6lbs can make a difference on someone taller. For some daft reason I thought I only made a differenc ego me because I'm short!

I think exercise does slow down the loss coupled with having a smaller amount to lose too. I have a Personal Trainer three times a week and this weeks loss (weighed a day early as want to keep Monday as weigh day) and I had a 3lb loss though earlier in the week scale showed 4lbs lost! However, I'm not discouraged as I knew sticking to plan with the star bit or protein if I need it for the pt sessions will mean weightloss in time.

I'm thinking of 5:2 once I lose this half stone or so to try to reach my ultimate goal or at the very least maintain until i'm confident I can trust myself!

I'm with you on tomato soup! Didn't like the CD ones I tried years ago either so never tried the SnS one! Sometime having the same packs actually helps I find!

Intereting that 6lbs can make a difference on someone taller. For some daft reason I thought I only made a differenc ego me because I'm short!

I think exercise does slow down the loss coupled with having a smaller amount to lose too. I have a Personal Trainer three times a week and this weeks loss (weighed a day early as want to keep Monday as weigh day) and I had a 3lb loss though earlier in the week scale showed 4lbs lost! However, I'm not discouraged as I knew sticking to plan with the star bit or protein if I need it for the pt sessions will mean weightloss in time.

I'm thinking of 5:2 once I lose this half stone or so to try to reach my ultimate goal or at the very least maintain until i'm confident I can trust myself!

I wrote a big reply to this yesterday on the train and it was lost :-(. So here goes...

I think that 6 lbs makes such a big difference for me because at this weight all of my spare fat is on my stomach and also 6lbs is a far higher proportion of my body than it used to be. It is quite good in that when I put a bit of weight on I know straight away as my clithes start getting tight very quickly - so I kknow to watch it for a bit.

You may lose slower with exercise - but you'll be healthier. I didn't exercise at all when I lost my 9 stone and at the end my arms were like little sticks. As soon as I upped the calories I started working with personal trainers and got my fitness to a decent place. Now I don't want to give it up whilst I come back for a short tune up.

5:2 is a really good approach. The best approach for me is to each small amounts 5 times a day. I found it really easy to maintain like that. When I've lost the 6 lbs I'll be going back to that but I think I might combine it with the 5:2 maintenance plan (which is effectively 6:1) if I put anything on.

I've just finished the first day of my conference - and I haven't had a pack yet... I had 2 eggs and a piece of ham for brekkie (provided at my hotel), ham and salad leaves for lunch (free at the conference) and I've jsut had 2 eggs as a snack at Pret. Now obviously these are really good choices as I could have had all sorts of things but I was intending to have packs. I'm not sure if it's good or bad. I'm guessing it's partly that I don't really like shakes (although the chicken noodle curry soup thing is ok). Hmm - something to mull on.

I've just finished the first day of my conference - and I haven't had a pack yet... I had 2 eggs and a piece of ham for brekkie (provided at my hotel), ham and salad leaves for lunch (free at the conference) and I've jsut had 2 eggs as a snack at Pret. Now obviously these are really good choices as I could have had all sorts of things but I was intending to have packs. I'm not sure if it's good or bad. I'm guessing it's partly that I don't really like shakes (although the chicken noodle curry soup thing is ok). Hmm - something to mull on.

Considering what you could have had , I think that's great :)

Weasey they were excellent choices! It can be tricky negotiating food choices at the best of times but doing so when away is even trickier. You did very well. Replacing a vlcd pack with real food is also good practice for continued maintenance as we have to handle real food.
You post on the 6lbs difference is something I relate to especially having only a few months ago being 6lbs or so less. It makes such a difference.

That food seems like a sensible choice to me. The question to ask is whether or not it is taking you closer to or further away from your goals. If you were a short way into a long weight loss process then it might not be helpful but you are using the packs as a tool for managing/maintaining. How you do that is up to you.

I was reading your refeed diary and the bit that struck a cord was about your LL counsellor saying that you planned too much. I definitely did that. When I was starting to eat after the last time I even had something from the Route to Management plan a week early to avoid being too rigid - but even that was planned!!

I would worry less about whether it was your plan but more about whether it is supporting where you want to be. I think it is.

Hope the rest of the week is working out well.

Thanks guys. I'm happy enough. I haven't had any packs today - eggs and ham / ham salad / seabass salad. I think I'll just accept that whilst I'm away I'll keep in ketosis and not each too much volume wise and sort out having packs again when I'm back. I think the fact that I only have 6 lbs to go and I've only popped on again to lose the extra stone give me a different attitude.

Ooo yum I love seabass! Right that's my dinner tomorrow sorted!! Well done on making the sensible choices. Although you are the guru at this so I expect nothing else ;) lol. You're a great motivator and shows us all there's always good options and no excuses!! Xx

Back