Weasey's Protein Meal Recipes

Pre diet I didn't do any steps other than pierce film before putting into microwave! That was my problem I think!

this is a great idea weasey. Ii find it hard to think of different things to make and already from being on the s&s forum I've got loads of ideas. this thread is definately one I'll be reading regularly xx

BorderGirl's Chicken in Roasting Bag

Difficulty : Easy / Some chopping - need a roasting bag / Not much cooking mess due to roasting bag

Verdict : Very Nice

Off/On Plan: Think it's all ok - note that I don't worry too much about sticking to 200g of vegetables so you may want to check the total weights

My Thoughts : Very nice. Veggies so juicy and tasty!

Ingredients:

• 100g skinless chicken breast
  • 2 shallots, peeled
  • 1 leek, sliced into 1cm slices
  • 100g button mushrooms
  • small piece of fresh root ginger, peeled and finely chopped
  • small handful fresh coriander leaves, roughly chopped
  • 1 twig fresh rosemary
  • salt
  • black pepper
  • mustard seeds

1. Preheat oven to 200 degrees C
  2. Chop chicken into chunks roughly the size of the button mushrooms
  3. Mix everything together in a roasting bag and tie off the top of the bag.
  4. Put into oven and cook for 30 mins. Bag will puff up during cooking.
  5. Cut open bag (watch out for steam) and pour into shallow bowl.

That's it. You can make it with different veggies and spices as you fancy. I'm thinking of using ginger, coriander leaves, garam masala, curry powder, shallots, peppers and turmeric next time. Thanks to BordersGirl for this! I shall be having a varient of it often!

Last edited:
Ooh you made it sound quite posh :). I used to do a variant of this pre diet actually but then served jacket spuds with it so it didn't quite end up low carb back then ;). 'tis easy for sure, and I like that nothing is dry like 'open' cooking can be.

It was yummy - thanks for the recommendation!

Funny i had something similar 2nite for tea that i saw on the protein option thread. It was 1/4 colmons season & shake with small chicken breast, brocolli & cauliflower. Absolutely delicous! Veg was beautiful. Jus put in the microwave for 6 minutes. It took less time than my hubbys microwave curry & mine looked far nicer hehe. Definately will be doing this one loads as its so easy.

no1mom, i want to start using those season and shake , can you put them in the microwave then , im looking at the website now and it says the oven

I cant remember who posted it but i tried it today for the first and it was lovely. The only thing i would do differently would be maybe cut the chicken into cubes. I put it in with broc,cauli & shallots for 5mins. Veg was lovely but full chicken breast was a bit under done so i poped it back in for another min & half and was fine. Might even try 6mins nxt time. I jus weighed out 1/4 of the seasoning and it was plenty to cover everything. Thinks its gonna be one of my new favs. You should definately give it a try : )

Yes. Have to say one of the quickest healthiest meals ive made in a long time. I like mine with a bit of bite (not too rubbery tasting) and they came out jus right

I cant remember who posted it but i tried it today for the first and it was lovely. The only thing i would do differently would be maybe cut the chicken into cubes. I put it in with broc,cauli & shallots for 5mins. Veg was lovely but full chicken breast was a bit under done so i poped it back in for another min & half and was fine. Might even try 6mins nxt time. I jus weighed out 1/4 of the seasoning and it was plenty to cover everything. Thinks its gonna be one of my new favs. You should definately give it a try : )
Like the sound of this, but i am alittle thick on the cooking side, have i got this right, cut ur chicken into cubes, and put it on a (plate,bowl??) with your broccoli and caulli (dont have a clue what shallots are!?). Cover it all with the seasoning and pop in the microwave? Or do i use a roasting bag? lol xx

I had the best food I've ever eaten last night - it was scrummy! I will post the recipe later when I'm at home. It involved seabass...

stef2009 said:
Like the sound of this, but i am alittle thick on the cooking side, have i got this right, cut ur chicken into cubes, and put it on a (plate,bowl??) with your broccoli and caulli (dont have a clue what shallots are!?). Cover it all with the seasoning and pop in the microwave? Or do i use a roasting bag? lol xx

Hi ya im still expetimenting with this.last night i put small pieces of raw chopped chicken, chopped veg (shallots are like baby onions only sweeter) and put it in the oven bag (altho ive ordered microwave bags to try) and mixed in the seasoning. Popped in the microwave for 8 minutes and i really enjoyed it xx

Fried Seabass

Difficulty : Moderate

Verdict : OMG! Delicious.

Off/On Plan: I used a small amount of oil to cook the fish - haven't tried it with just fry light. Oil won't take you out of ketosis but it does contain calories.

My Thoughts : Possibly the most lovely thing I have ever eaten! Has no idea fish could be so yummy! Not particularly hot despite the chilli.

Ingredients:
  • 100g seabass fillet with skin
  • lump of ginger root - chopped into matchticks
  • 1/2 red chilli - deseeded and sliced thinly
  • 1/2 clove garlic - sliced thinly
  • 3 spring onions - sliced thinly lengthways
  • Splash low salt soy sauce
  • 1 teaspoon oil

1. Cut 3 lines into the seabass fillet skin and season on both sides of the fillet with salt and black pepper
  2. Heat oil in a frying pan - quite a high heat
  3. Put seabass into the pan skin side down. Cook for 5 mins. It will be almost cooked through. The skin will go crispy.
  4. Turn seabass over and cook for 1 min.
  5. Remove seabass from pan and keep warm.
  6. Turn heat down to medium and add chilli, garlic and ginger to pan. Cook for 2 mins.
  7. Take pan off heat, add spring onions and stir.
  8. Put seabass on plate, splash with soy sauce and put ginger, garlic, chilli, spring onion mix over the top.

That's it. I love it with stir fried vegetables but it's also nice with salad. Had it two nights in a row now because I love it!

Last edited:
That's a great idea I love seabass will definitely have to try it thanks.

Fried Salmon (Same as seabass above - but with salmon)

Difficulty : Moderate

Verdict : Really nice

Off/On Plan: I used a small amount of oil to cook the fish - haven't tried it with just fry light. Oil won't take you out of ketosis but it does contain calories.

My Thoughts : Really nice! I think fish may be my new best friend! Having been vegetarian for over 20 years I had never cooked fish - but I think I may live off it during maintenance!

Ingredients:
  • 100g salmon fillet with skin
  • lump of ginger root - chopped into matchticks
  • 1/2 clove garlic - sliced thinly
  • 1 spring onion - sliced thinly lengthways
  • Splash low salt soy sauce
  • 1 teaspoon oil

1. Season on both sides of the salmon fillet with salt and black pepper.
  2. Heat oil in a frying pan - moderate heat.
  3. Put salmon into the pan skin side down. Cook for 4/5 mins. The skin will go crispy.
  4. Turn salmon over and cook for another 4/5 mins.
  5. Remove salmon from pan and keep warm.
  6. Add chilli, garlic and ginger to pan. Cook for 2 mins.
  7. Take pan off heat, add spring onions and stir.
  8. Put seabass on plate, splash with soy sauce and put ginger, garlic, chilli, spring onion mix over the top.

That's it.

Last edited:
Beef Stir Fry

Difficulty : Easy

Verdict : Really nice

Off/On Plan: I used a small amount of oil to cook the beef - no problem for ketosis but has calories. Also, beef is not OK on SnS - I entered the recipe into MFP and the calories / carbs were fine but you may want to consider whether you want to do this. Also contains some oyster sauce.

My Thoughts : Lovely! Had it with some stir fried veggies - yum!

Ingredients:
  • 100g beef strips or steak cut into in strips
  • 1 teaspoon oyster sauce
  • 1 teaspoon oil

1. Heat wok or frying pan until very hot.
  2. Add oil and swirl around pan.
  3. Add beef and chilli.
  4. Cook for 3 mins - stirring all the time.
  5. Add oyster sauce and heat through.

That's it.

Last edited:
Back