Weasey's Re-Feed

weasey

Gold Member
I'm currently 1 lb from goal so am planning my re-feed - which hopefully will start on Friday. I'm going to follow a combination of my own method, LL re-feed and Dukan stabilisation. My plan is to re-feed very slowly. I will have 7 phases and each phase will take a minimum of one week. If I feel I still have more to learn on that phase I will repeat for a week. I'll keep doing this until I'm ready to move on. Each phase I will introduce different types of food to see how I react to them. Each phase will increase the calories and carbs. I will be attempting to reach that amount of calories and carbs - rather than trying to be under as I have ben doing. For the last few months I have been on around 750 calories a day.

PhaseCaloriesCarbs

For the first phase I will have 3 foodpacks and 1 protein meal. I will also introduce dairy - which I haven't had up to this point. The food choices will be:

Type
Daily Servings
Choice
Protein1Red Meat
Lean pork – tenderloin, lean diced, escalope, lean loin chops, lean loin joint, lean stewing steak, medallions, lean mince, lean steak, lean roast sliced, Lean ham, Lean bacon – lean back, collar joint, gammon rasher, loin steaks, medallions, smoked rindless, Lean beef – chuck and blade, rump, top rump, topside, silverside, fillet, lean mince, cooked sliced, fore rib, lean sirloin, lean stewing steak, lean braising steak, Lean lamb – shank, lean diced, extra-lean mince, leg steak, leg, lean rack, Offal – liver, kidney, heart, sweetbreads, tongue,
Other lean red meat eg venison

White Meat
chicken and turkey

Fish
Fish and shellfish

Other
hen’s eggs, duck eggs, goose egg, Low-fat cottage cheese,
Quorn – plain mince, roast-style sliced fillets, steak strips, family roast, deli-style chicken slices, deli bacon-style, smoky bacon-style pieces, chicken style pieces, plain fillets,
Tofu – plain or marinated, not braised
Dairy1Unsweetened soya milk, Skimmed or 1% fat milk, Skimmed goat’s milk, Semi-skimmed milk, Semi-skimmed goat’s milk,
Low fat, low sugar yoghurt (Greek-style), Low fat, low sugar fromage frais,
Low fat cottage cheese, Low fat soft cheese, Paneer or quark
Vegetablesmin 3 (80g each)Broccoli, Cabbage, Cauliflower, Celery, Chicory, Cress, Cucumber, Endive, Lettuce and other salad leaves, Radishes, Spinach, Watercress, Artichoke hearts, fresh Asparagus spears, Aubergine, Beansprouts, Brussels sprouts, Celeriac, Courgette, Fennel, Gherkin, Green/French beans, Runner beans, Kale, Kohlrabi, Leek, Marrow, Mangetout, Okra, Pak-choi, Green pepper, Orange pepper, Yellow pepper, Pickled onion, Shallots, Spring greens, Swiss chard
mushrooms: button, sliced, oyster, enoki, shiitake mushrooms, Dried common mushrooms, Dried speciality mushrooms (porcini/ceps, dried shiitake)
OtheroptionalHerbal and fruit tea, sugar free,
Herbs and spices, any dried, fresh, frozen or bottled (oil free)
Lemon juice (as dressing), Lime juice (as dressing), Mustard – wholegrain only,
Salad dressing – fat-free or virtually fat-free (check the carb content is less than 10g per 100g),
1 tsp Soy sauce, Sweetener – tablet only, 1 tsp Tabasco sauce, 1 tbsp Thai fish sauce, 1 tbsp Vinegar – malt, rice, wine

I have type 2 diabetes and so will be measuring my blood sugar 2 hours after every meal (including packs) in order to understand what affects it badly. I expect to be out of ketosis by about phase 4.

Looks a lot like the food list I've been trying to stick to. I have a passion for quark currently :)

Aaah here I find the fantastic Duo! I love the idea of a combo of LL RTM with Dukan stabilisation. That makes absolute sense to me. And Dukan is a source of useful recipes. I've been lurking on their forums seeing what people are doing.

My conundrum is that I am also convinced we need lots of good fats to be satisfied - I am rather paleo inclined. Real food. Real fats. Low Carb.

Well Lovelies, I am enjoying following you both - and look forward to learning some more good strategies from you.

Oh well ...I'll deal with that when I'm 3 stone lighter!

We'll see how it goes - I'm hoping I won't be a lesson in what not to do!

That's not allowed, Weasey! By posting here you are setting yourslef up to suceed.

Ali

Good luck Weasey! You've done amazingly well. Love the combined list and the slow inclusion of carbs. As AliGal said, you're setting yourself up to succeed :)

Thanks guys - hoping to be at goal on Thurs evening so may start the refeed on Fri!

So - I lost 2 lb today and am officially 1 lb under goal! Refeed starts in the morning...

weasey said:
So - I lost 2 lb today and am officially 1 lb under goal! Refeed starts in the morning...

Yay! A verrrrrrrry well done hunny! Now, that's a success story :D

Thanks! So this week is 800 cals a day 60g of carbs a day and I'm adding dairy - which I've had very little of up to now. Yogurt for lunch!

Just wondering how's the skin ? Has it snapped back into shape?

Yoghurt is good! I'm really enjoying soya yoghurt (not dairy though obviously) and lower in cals / carbs than dairy yoghurt.

My skin isn't bad - considering that I'm 43 and have been obese/morbidly obese for my whole adult life. Don't need surgery but won't be wearing a bikini!

Enjoyed my yogurt!

Today I went out to Bolton Abbey with a group of friends and we did quite a bit of walking. I got really tired part way through and my husband suggested that we turn around and leave everyone else to carry on. I'm glad he did - I'm utterly exhausted! I guess I ran out of carbs or something. He made me eat an extra bar too to give me energy. I'm sure I burnt it off though!

Am still within my carbs for the day but will be over on calories. Given the exercise though MFP still has me as under calorie so I'm not going to worry about it.

Am enjoying having a yogurt every day. Thought I would have trouble having an extra 'pack' every day but it has been fine - not sure if that's good!

That sounds busy, Weasey. It's wierd that running out of energy thing that happens sometimes. Glad your man was there to look after you.

One of the Alizonne therapists yold me that skin continues to improve for 6 months afterward getting to goal. I realise miracles don't happen and that I will probably be left withs ome slackness. One of my friends pointed out that many people in their 50s have that without having been 10 stone overweight! So I'm hoping I won't have a flap and will be happy to live with it.

Hey Weasey - how did the first week re-feed go?

Really well thanks. Have decided to stick with the same food choices anf calorie level etc this week as I think I might have a bit of a problem with dairy and my blood sugar - not sure yet...

Back