Green Days Wedding count down

tess21x

I Ordered my wedding dress today and need to lose 8inches off my hips to fit into it which I average about 3st to achieve this!! Slightly panicked now :-S I have until 18th Aug next year. Anyone think I'm crazy? Or have any words of wisdom that may help me achieve this. I have began to run again like I used to a few times a week and have joined slimming world.
As a vegetarian I stick to the green days :) first few days have gone well so far. Here's to the next 8 months. I will keep posting on here to keep me motivated.
Terri xx

You're not crazy as long as you stay focused! There are 42lbs in 3 stones and you have just over 35 weeks to do it in which is more than do-able!

Thank you!! I am very focused as the dress was very expensive lol :-D thinks dad would kill me as he's paying for it! Been and done 1.5 mile run tonight to make me feel better about the choice of size lol

Good on you! Im on the wedding count down too... 14 weeks on friday!!!

Im normally a size 14, i ordered my dress in a 12, got it last week and it fits :) :) :)

Could still do with loosing some more and it would look much better, and i have the abiliity to pull it in further if i do loose more, but its defo keeping me motivated!

Thank you!! And well done I'd love to have a size 12 dress, but Iv ordered a 14. Glad to hear others have achieved it! Gives me hope :)

Had a few negative comment on how it's gonna be so difficult to achieve! I know it's gonna be hard Work I'm not gonna kid myself. Done a 2 mile run today with the dog she loved it. She's a very good running partner :)

Don't ignore the negative people. Instead, turn it into motivation to show them just what you're capable of. It's easy to run low on steam when losing weight; ten pounds off, followed by few bad weeks and a gain. I reckon your wedding and the naysayers could be great motivation to stick to SW as close to 100% as possible. You know, if you do you might have lost four stone by your wedding and have to have the dress taken in! I've lost 1 stone 11 in 10 weeks, and I've had a bad day each week. Imagine what you'll achieve sticking to it 100%.

Im getting married july the 28th 2012 :) 7 months away and started doing SW on my own on Friday.....

I want to loose about the same as you!

Your an inspiration to me as im waiting till eater to buy my dress as thats when my body will closes to my wedding date size.

I wish i believed in myself as much as you do.

Keep working hard and you will be an even more beautiful bride :)

And if you have a bad day remember that if you had 7 flowers and one went bad.... just take it out and you still have a beautiful bunch. :) so 6 days out of seven can still produce a beautiful result :)

x

AmyAdele said:
And if you have a bad day remember that if you had 7 flowers and one went bad.... just take it out and you still have a beautiful bunch. :) so 6 days out of seven can still produce a beautiful result :)

x

OMG I love it :) really made me smile going to keep that in my head now, only 7lbs for me until target :) I lost 3stone at the start of my journey in 5months so I know you girls can do it& look and feel amazing on your wedding day!!
Good luck girlies x

Thank you so much for the inspirational advice. I try to take comments and turn them into "I'll show you" attitude. I'm sure we will ALL achieve our goals if we are determined and have a CAN DO attitude :) And believe in ourselves. Love the bunch of flower analogy very nice :). 2 stone in 10 weeks is achievable!! X

Good luck Amyadele, I have order a dress that takes 8 months to be delivered so I had no choice as my wedding is in August. But getting the dress now has made more focused as if I don't lose the weight I can't wear the beautiful £1000 dress that I have ordered!!! EEK!! But that's what's gonna keep me going :) I wouldn't advise it though as it is a big risk! :-D I'm praying the weight shifts. Lol x

right girlies - as a former bride to be - you CAN do it!!! when i got engaged i had another 3 stone to lose (had already lost a couple at that point!) I would recommend Jillian Michaels 30 day shred for inches lost - it helped me tone up loads!

Here is a before and after to keep you motivated - YOU CAN DO IT!

SDC10065-1.JPG

and on my wedding day, 5.5 stone lighter than above.

ElleShaunWeb-67.jpg

You are such an inspiration Elle, I have 19 weeks til I renew my wedding vows and have got a SHORT wedding dress!!! I'm terrified I won't stick to plan, as you can see from my stats I fell off the wagon, but I could be around 11-11.7 if I keep to it!

OMG you look fantastic, how long did it take you to lose the wieght if you dont mind me asking? Terri :)

Ellebear said:
right girlies - as a former bride to be - you CAN do it!!! when i got engaged i had another 3 stone to lose (had already lost a couple at that point!) I would recommend Jillian Michaels 30 day shred for inches lost - it helped me tone up loads!

Here is a before and after to keep you motivated - YOU CAN DO IT!

and on my wedding day, 5.5 stone lighter than above.

Wow elliebear. You look stunning! And such a woman! I'm super jealous now lol. You get to have a wedding AND look stunningly beautiful

Well done and best of luck with your stone goal :).
I have lost 8lb so far only 48 to go now :-D oh dear it's very difficult around Christmas. Can't wait for the new year! 8 months to go very excited :-D

Back