Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

Wedding & Holiday

Discussion in 'Lighter Life Forum' started by Preeti77, 12 July 2010 Social URL.

1. Preeti77

Preeti77 Full Member

Start Weight:
    21st0lb
    Current Weight:
    17st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    3st7lb(16.67%)
    Diet:
    Lighter Life Total
    Hi All
    I am going on holiday on Thursday for 2.5 weeks for my cousins wedding to Florida and am having parent, adult and child conversations with myself as to what I should do.
    1) Stick with LL all the way through
    2) Do the LLL programme and return to abstinence as soon as I return
    3) Try healthy eating

One of my concerns is the cost of the packs. I am going to my class tonight and would need to buy 3 weeks worth (£210) which is a bit much altogether.

Need some advice please :(

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. hanmac

hanmac Getting her sparkle back

Start Weight:
    16st5lb
    Current Weight:
    11st8.3lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st12.1lb
    Lost(%):
    4st10.7lb(29.13%)
    Diet:
    Lost 5 stone on Lighter Life and 1 1/2 on Exante! - Put about 2 1/2 stone back on so back to Exante!
    Hi Preeti!
    That does sound like a hard decision.
    If it was me, i'd maybe do LLL as then you'd be able to have something to eat at your cousins wedding and have a few meals in Florida (as the food out there is amazing!) But then will it be hard to get back into abstinence...argh I don't know what i'd do actually!

What is your gut instinct telling you to do?
    xxxx

4. Preeti77

Preeti77 Full Member

Start Weight:
    21st0lb
    Current Weight:
    17st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    3st7lb(16.67%)
    Diet:
    Lighter Life Total
    Hey Hannah
    Gut says do LLL like you said its a family wedding and there is a huge choice of good food.
    I am going to speak to my LLC and see what she says
    You are doing so well!!

5. hanmac

hanmac Getting her sparkle back

Start Weight:
    16st5lb
    Current Weight:
    11st8.3lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st12.1lb
    Lost(%):
    4st10.7lb(29.13%)
    Diet:
    Lost 5 stone on Lighter Life and 1 1/2 on Exante! - Put about 2 1/2 stone back on so back to Exante!
    Thank you Preeti, your doing great too!!

Yeah see what your LLC says, and I always say go with your gut :)
    Am very jealous that you're off to sunny florida and i'm in rainy manchester! hehe xx

6. melarnz

melarnz Silver Member

Start Weight:
    17st12lb
    Current Weight:
    17st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st13lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    cambridge
    say hi to phillipa for me!! xx

personally, i know i wuld not be able to do LLL. i would struggle to only eat protein, id rather not eat anything otherwise i would fall off completely.

if you think you can do it, then LLL would be a fantastic option

Mel x

7. Preeti77

Preeti77 Full Member

Start Weight:
    21st0lb
    Current Weight:
    17st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    3st7lb(16.67%)
    Diet:
    Lighter Life Total
    Hey Mel - I will pass on your hello :)
    I would so love to keep to abstinence :( its gonna be so hard

8. Iwillgetthere

Iwillgetthere Determined to succeed

Start Weight:
    18st11lb
    Current Weight:
    8st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st0lb
    Lost(%):
    10st11lb(57.41%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Maintaining
    Preeti if possible I would try and stay with your packs. You are doing so well. I would worry that I might not be able to get stuck back in again after a few weeks off. Good luck whatever you decide huni

9. AJB

AJB Silver Member

Start Weight:
    14st6.0lb
    Current Weight:
    14st1.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st6.0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st5lb(2.48%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Weight Plan
    Oh my goodness that's such a dilemma! And there's me worrying about a spa stay in August and wedding in September and they are only a couple of days to get through! Don't know how I'd handle a couple of weeks!

Think I'd worry that if I started eating without the back up of RTM I wouldn't be able to stop so I think I would try my best to stick with the packs - good luck :)

10. DOVES

DOVES Full Member

Start Weight:
    20st7lb
    Current Weight:
    19st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st5lb
    Lost(%):
    1st3lb(5.92%)
    Diet:
    Calorie Counting
    Hi,

I was at a wedding at the weekend and I ended up eating 2 nights - 1st night I had just chicken and salad at the actual wedding I eat a little bit of everything - tried to limit carbs. I managed to go straight back onto abstinence on Monday morning and still managed to lose 5.5lbs this week - although it might catch up with me next week?

I am off to Florida in October and I have already had an adult conversation with myself that I will have one meal a day either lunch or dinner - and I will return to abstinence after the holiday (as I'm sure I will still have weight to lose)

For me this was the right thing to do and I managed it well I think going to Flroida for that long and abstaining would result in me falling of the wagon altogether this way I have given myself permission to enjoy one meal a day.

The weight will come off may just take a few weeks more to make up for the holiday :)

I think you need to just make the decision for yourself and not beat yourself up about it.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.