Wedding Weight Loss

Hi guys! I'm getting married on 07/09/2013 and would love to lose as much weight as possible!! I have a dress that I absolutely love, it fits me like a dream, but I'm aiming to get into a smaller version (to look more fab!)

Although my fiancé is following the same plan as me, he is not attending Slimming World due to work commitments, but we support each other. He is hoping to lose weight too, to fit in a suit he likes and also because his father has a heart attack at 35, and he doesn't want the same.

I've lost an astounding 13 1/2lb in two weeks, I didn't expect to lose as much! I know that at my next weigh in I may only lose a couple of pounds (which I'd still be happy about!) but it's been a nice start!!

Cannot wait to get married!! I have my reception venue booked, but have to wait until a year before to book the register office! :sigh:

Why do you have to wait a year to book the registry office hun?

I don't know! I think it's silly, because I think come September Seventh this year, I will feel like I have to compete to book my date. It's silly because I've booked my reception, and it all depends on the registry office. x

I don't know! I think it's silly, because I think come September Seventh this year, I will feel like I have to compete to book my date. It's silly because I've booked my reception, and it all depends on the registry office. x

Not sure if it's different for different areas or because we are having them come to our venue but we can book whenever but have to apply for notice when its a year away...

There will be other people on your day, just a matter of getting the time slot you want. You'll be fine!

Not too bad, Venue is booked, which includes food, some drinks and DJ and buffet for reception. Need to pay my deposit for the registrar at the end of the month. My dress is chosen I think, I have a colour scheme in mind but not 100%. How about you?

What colour scheme are you thinking of having? I think we are having Teal, White and Black! We've managed to book the reception, which includes wedding breakfast, evening buffet, drinks, DJ. Need to order my dress in May too!

What colour scheme are you thinking of having? I think we are having Teal, White and Black! We've managed to book the reception, which includes wedding breakfast, evening buffet, drinks, DJ. Need to order my dress in May too!

The Bridesmaids will be in teal/turquoise dresses and I will use all the other bright colors (pink, yellow, green, purple) as accent colors. I'm going to use majority teal and hot pink though.

There is a small chance I could change my mind though. Am off to the wedding show in Birmingham next month and am open to inspiration.

What dress do you like?

The venue we have is nice but would have gone a different route if money was no option but I'm happy and we have a really good deal. Where about in the country are you?

9151F.jpg

This is the dress I am having. I'm based around Wigan/Warrington, and there wasn't much choice for big sized dresses, so the above dress I found in Manchester. Your plans sound good! We are the exact same money wise, it's been hard with just one wage ATM trying to save up for a wedding, but will be easier soon x

That dress looks lovely. We are in Plymouth but the wedding is in the midlands as OHs family are in Staffordshire and most of mine are in Leicestershire, nothing like trying to organise a wedding 250+ miles away when neither of you drive lol

Thank you!! It was the fourth dress that I tried on, can't wait to order it :) I was originally going to get married at Roaches Hall in Leek, Staffordshire. Which is a good 90 min drive from Wigan. It was a lovely house that you hire for the weekend and would have had 30 of us staying there. But unfortunately she didn't turn up to show us around so I was let down :( We've now had to resort to the registry office and a local restaurant. I'm not complaining, but my heart was set on Roaches Hall, now I have to invite 100+ x

I'm ordering mine from a shop online, but the lady is based in Northampton and offers a full money back guarantee if I'm not happy which is reassuring. Means I can get my dream dress at a fraction of the cost too which is great lol. They do allsorts and although the website design leaves a lot to be desired (much like this one lol) she has a good range of lots of wedding stuff and is really helpful. She is also on facebook if you want to have a look at her stuff?

Its Lamaras Dresses on fb, you can find all her website info on their. She is REALLY helpful, if you send he a pic of your dress she may be able to get it made cheaper???

That's fantastic chick! I have weigh in tonight, not sure I'm in for a great loss but we'll see.

Hi, I am from wigan too. My wedding is August 2013, the planning has just started in ernest lol. I am looking to loose 2-3 stone before then.

How are you two, how is the planning coming along?

Back