Attack Wedding Willpower a go go!

ophelialeanne

Right I've read the book, I think I get it. I have 6 weeks until W day so better get started!

I am a total carb addict, I have cereal/porridge for brekkie covered in sugar, lunch is a sandwich or toast or something covered in mayo. Dinner is something with pasta/rice/potato and veg. I love puddings! I love sugar. But I will love being confident on my wedding day that much more!

Hope I don't bore you all silly, I like to ramble.

Leanne xx

First day: A bit of a shock, So today I've had the oatbran galette thing for breakfast, lunch was a couple of boiled eggs, dinner will be a chicken breast with some spices chucked in. I've been snacking on fat free yogurt.
I'm feeling pretty hungry. I've run out of sweetner. I didn't prepare very well for the first day. I'm off to go hunt down some recipes on here for tomorrow.

Welcome & good luck x

Thanks, I need it!

Made it through day one whoooop!
Told my other half what the diet entails and he thought I was mad, he's seen me do all sorts of crazy diets and reckons this is another one. Makes me more determined to prove him wrong!

Goodnight all Xxx

Welcome and good luck! 6 weeks wow! You must be getting excited! (Mine is 10.5 weeks away!)

hello, welcome, congratulations on the wedding and good luck!!

well done on making it through day 1, and hope you managed to get some shopping done. get a hold of the muffin recipe quick, as they are way tastier and easier to prepare than the galettes. and get yourself some vanilla essence and Splenda pronto to deal with the sugar cravings. i have a sweet tooth too...:sigh: yoghurt shakes and low-fat cocoa all the way!!

plenty of tips and delicious recipes on the forum. i've learned so much from everyone, i don't think i could do it without them (and it wouldn't be nearly as much fun!)

so please ramble away - we look forward to following your wedding journey.

C

Morning everyone and thanks for the goodluck! I am going to have a go at whipping up some muffins in a minute.
I woke up this morning feeling fine. Had my breakfast (chicken breast with some herbs on). Now I just feel sick...is this normal for day 2? Or have I just eaten a dodgy bit of chicken!?

I am so excited for the wedding! This is going to be the best summer ever!!!

sorry to hear that, ophelia. lots of people get sick in the Attack phase, though. It's very different food than you are used to, and your body will be adjusting to the higher protein intake. You may not have much energy, so it's probably better to stay away from the gym. Make sure you are eating regularly throughout the day (have lots of snacks ready), have PLENTY of liquids (at least 2l) to help with the adjustment, and maybe use some multivitamins as a boost? (depending how long you are doing Attack).

it may also just be regular flu: what do you mean by 'sick'? nauseous? tired? snotty?

i'm sure you'll be fine in a day or so. hang in there!

Nauseous, keep getting that horrible feeling in the back of my throat, and have started getting shakey. Going to drink tons of water and try and flush it all out. Must be the sugar addiction! Don't feel hungry at all which is good.

Hanging on!

it sounds like serious sugar/carb withdrawal symptoms! yoghurt shakes should give you an energy boost and settle your stomach: i use 200ml yoghurt, 150ml of skim milk, vanilla essence, sweetener, and 3 or 4 ice-cubes. shake it all up like crazy and it tastes like heaven!

but seriously, though, if you're still feeling this way tomorrow, you might want to see your doctor, or else put the Attack on hold until you can get your kitchen better prepped. you definitely don't want to go hungry during Attack phase...

Make sure you're eating enough food Ophelia, that menu you have up looked as though you didn't eat much on the day you started :)

Currently downing that yogurt shake and found some sugar free chocolate flavouring drops my
OH uses in his protein shakes...Omgosh it tastes good! Going to have meatballs for lunch in a min

The sickness has passed, I just feel a bit tired and weak. I think I'll pass on the gym and just do a bit of cycling on my stationary bike tonight.

Me and dr's don't mix...I would have to be dying before I go lol.

Thanks for your help x

Glad to hear u feel better and you enjoyed the shake! Definitely take it easy on the exercise during attack, though. Easy to pick it up again during cruise.

Good luck!

Did 20mins slow cycle and some sit ups just to stop myself feeling guilty as I'm normally quite active.

Feeling pretty good now, lethargy seems to be lifting. Day two almost over whoop! Haven't stuck to a diet this long in months so over the moon!

Well nearly done with attack...thank god. I am so wanting a nice big fat Tuna salad!

B- 2 Chicken sausages
S- Yogurt
L- Chicken breast
S- 4 muffins
D- will be curried prawns

Can't wait to make a spinach omelette for breakfast tomorrow!

Hello! Its my wedding in 5 months!! Woo hoo. I joined slimming world 4 weeks ago and have lost 4lb. Have joined a million times before and this time my weight loss is slow. So I had a think and I lost 2 stone a couple of years ago on low carb ( but couldn't maintain ) so here I am. Showed the OH the book and he rolled his eyes as if to say 'here we go again'
So I will start the attack on Saturday as I have Monday and Tuesday off work which will make it easier for me.
I gave never done this before so will start my own diary but will also be looking into yours.

hey nixy, welcome to dukan! and best wishes for your wedding.

have you worked out your plan for the next 5 months? the dukan site has a great target weight calculator which tells you how long to spend on each phase.

(sigh) men... it's either 'but you don't need to lose weight' or 'oh no, not another diet...'.

Caro

Back