Wednesday home weigh-in

dreamaholic said:
probably that's because muscle weigh more than fat!! if you keep exercising you'll soon fine that you are better toned!

It actually takes immense amounts of intensive weight training, together with a high protein diet to build muscle. You are extremely unlikely to build muscle if you're doing cardio a few times a week.

Besides, a pound of muscle weighs the same as a pound of fat!

*drumrolls please*

Slimmer of the week goes to...

krupskaya and Donzy84's OH

who both lost 5 pounds!

WELL DONE!!
:talk017:

*drumrolls please*

who both lost 5 pounds!

WELL DONE!!

Yay! Thankyou!

*drumrolls please*

who both lost 5 pounds!

WELL DONE!!

Yea, i'll tell him, although technically his first week so doesn't count, but will still give him a boost!!!!

Well done everyone!!!! :D

hey can i join your wednesday weight in? am new to this site. i just started slimming world, got my second weigh in on wednesday, am weighing at home so joining you would be a good support :)

40lb to lose...... 6 lb gone in my first week so 34lb now, bring it on

Well done cazza!!

Jessy you are more than welcomed to join. Just post your loss here on a Wednesday and you are in!! :)

Struggling this week - haven't broken diet but just skipped some meals, weekend with kids tough. Today had fruit and muller light for breakfast ( well, ended up at about 10am as planned to eat at work and ended up in meetings) - supposed to have carrot and coriander soup - but diary at work went wrong and ended up not getting chance so had 2 bananas!! Dinner cooking now - this isn't unusual for me and annoying!

Hi guys can I join your group?
I've got all the books and ad there is no group leads than a half hour away from me I've decided to do it from
Home, I've just weighed in at 17st 5lbs and want to be at 10st 5lbs nxt Xmas if possible set mini goals for now!
Will weigh in nxt wed if that's ok!
Just gonna go read so more threads good luck
This week girls and guys xxxx

Lancsgirl - you are more than welcomed to join. :) good luck with weight loss! :D

Since this group is getting bigger (hurray!), it would make life easier if we summarise as we go along, eg

Person A - lost x pounds
Person B - lost x pounds

Total group loss for the week: x pounds

This will also make it easier to work out who is slimmer of the week! (pretty sure it won't be me as I'm a tortoise :) but I will get there one day!!)

I think it'd be nice if we introduce ourselves again, so we know each other better? I'll start:

I am 30, from London, I'm 5'7, weighed 11 st 12.5 when I started in July 2010 . My goal weight is 10 stone (well ideally 9 st but I'm being realistic and will aim for 10 st for now!) and I'm now just under 11 st! My other goal is to be a size 10 in all shops!

Last edited:
I'm 37 from Staffordshire, I was 9 st 4 before I had my third baby, feel like I've been dieting ever since - she's two in April. I'm 10 st now after my 4lb loss last week. At 9 7 I'm no longer over weight - but as I'm short would def like to be high 8 or low 9 and a comfy size 10. I've a busy job and end up skipping meals and not eating enough or when I'm not dieting eating doritos, garlic bread, dips, Indian snacks etc!!!!

I lost 2lbs and am thrilled with that. Met the third of my mini goals and my January Jump Start target weight - chuffed!

BTW I'm Zoe - 44 years old and living in Swansea. Ideally like to make 9 and a half stone but I've got a long way (or 'weigh' lol!) to go. I'm a serial dieter but really want to make 2011 the year that I finally do it!

Morning all! It's great to know you better :)

Krupskaya -2 lbs
Dreamaholic -0.5 lbs

morning all,
2.5lb off :) happy with that.....hitting the exercise this week so fingers crossed for the same next week, going to set myself a target of another 2.5 for next week.
well done zoe, thats fab!!!!

im jess, south wales, 22 years old,
my start weight 12 stone 4lb
am now 11 stone 9.5,
ideally i would like to be around 9 stone eventually. its my brothers wedding in november so i would like to look good for that, i know im going to do it this time, i cant fail again!!!!! then i need to maintain to be chief bridesmaid in my best friends wedding the following may.

good luck to all weighing today :)

Good luck everyone for today... fingers crossed...!!

Jessywoohoo said:
dreamaholic.....i posted same time as you and didnt see your loss...... all losses so far, well done ladies :)

Yey we must have posted at the same time!!

So far

Krupskaya -2 lbs
Dreamaholic -0.5 lbs
Jessywoohoo -2.5 lbs

Total so far: -5 pounds. Well done!

I lost 2lbs, thats a stone now in 3 months! Ye Ha!!

I'm Caroline, have a little girl who turned 1 on sat past. Returned to work in October heavier than I ever had been so decided it was time to get back in shape and be a yummy mummy. Theres a gym across the road from work and being at work has made me more organised about what I am going to eat as I make my lunch before I go to work and have to forward plan for dinners as my husband is away during the week working. I'm feeling so much better in myself!

Hi all, is it ok if I join Wednesday weigh in?
This is my second week on sw, I'm going it alone as I'm about 15 odd miles from my nearest group!
I'm Nikki and I'm hoping to shed about 4 1/2 stone. Feels like a long uphill task but I'm sure I'll get there with a little grit and determination!
So, week 1 I lost 4lb, woohoo. Mum and dad came to stay this weekend so I ended up eating out in lovely tea shops and restaurants so sts this week, I'm reasonably happy with that as I over indulged loads!! Aiming for 3lb next Wednesday. I know I can do it.

Back