Wednesday Weighers

you guys are flying on :character00255: :)

Well done Dizzy that must have been a massive tooth lol - joking aside hun im over the moon for you well done.

Well done everyone some great losses my WI is in 20mins and im looking at a gain this week of at least 3lbs after my weekend with the girls. Ah well its only 1 week and I dont go away often

Good luck Texty :) as long as you enjoyed yourself xx

1.5lb off for me tonight, fairly happy with that! Nice average over the last 5 weeks of 2.6lb per week, not too shabby! :D

Well done and good luck everyone! x

Well done Dizzy that must have been a massive tooth lol - joking aside hun im over the moon for you well done.

Well done everyone some great losses my WI is in 20mins and im looking at a gain this week of at least 3lbs after my weekend with the girls. Ah well its only 1 week and I dont go away often

I'd like to say it was a wisdom tooth lol..... me being so clever like :rolleyes::p

Hey, so you have a little gain? You had a heck of a good time getting it & thats the main thing hunni..... it will soon come back off ;) xxxx

4.5 off! YAY!!!

Congrats to everyone that has had a loss :)

I need a smile and some advice please.:sigh:

Just had my first ever weigh in and after following plan 100% all week, I lost a big fat 0 lbs. I'm gutted. I was so positive and upbeat about SW and now feel totally rubbish. I have been so good and all for nothing.

I've had plenty of superfree foods, cut down portion sizes, had my HEa&b and not had too many syns. What have I done wrong? :( :( (I left meeting before asking as was upset with myself!)

I put 2.5 on this week but it was expected after my weekend away.

Aww Sam dont be disheartened, yes its your first week and your bound to be disappointed but dont give up. Can you write a couple of typical days food on here so that we can see what your having?

When you say not too many syns - how many is not many? I would recommend until you get used to the plan that you use your daily allowance. What have you been having for your A & B choice? if its milk and cereal are you measuring them properly? Are you guesstimating ? Im trying to eliminate possibilities for you. Are you having 1/3 superfree with your meals, have you made sure its superfree and not just free?

Sorry to fire all the Q at you just trying to help hun. Keep at it and good luck for the week ahead

Hi Texty_F, thanks for the reply :)

I've literally never been so good on a diet, measured everything, tried to have lots of fruit and veg etc but it doesn't seem to have worked :(
Read (and was told at group) that first weeks are usually really good and then you slow down so am very disappointed.

Have kept a track of my food this week here http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world-food-diaries/319643-newbie-food-diary-check-help-pls.html as wasn't sure how I was getting on. You don't have to read the whole week obviously but would really appreciate any tips :)

Really want to give in and go and get some crisps (my dieting downfall) but am trying to stay positive but not loving it right now! Been so positive and happy all week so this feel like a slap in the face!!

FYI - I'm not usually this whiney so I do apologise!!!!! x

I dont mind looking at all hun - just dont give up or give in thats what got you to this stage in the first place. We have all been tempted to just throw the towel in. Ill have a look then get back to you if I see anything which stands out.

Congrats to everyone that has had a loss :)

I need a smile and some advice please.:sigh:

Just had my first ever weigh in and after following plan 100% all week, I lost a big fat 0 lbs. I'm gutted. I was so positive and upbeat about SW and now feel totally rubbish. I have been so good and all for nothing.

I've had plenty of superfree foods, cut down portion sizes, had my HEa&b and not had too many syns. What have I done wrong? :( :( (I left meeting before asking as was upset with myself!)

First thing that sticks out to me here, 'not too many syns' are you having enough? Just had a look through your diary and some days you're having very little syns! I weigh 13st 1lb after losing 6st 9.5lbs, and I still eat 15 syns a day.

Also, noticed one day you had crab sticks and an orange for lunch, but no breakfast, (you're dinner was fab with loads of veg though) you're probably not eating enough if I'm honest. Xx

First thing that sticks out to me here, 'not too many syns' are you having enough? Just had a look through your diary and some days you're having very little syns! I weigh 13st 1lb after losing 6st 9.5lbs, and I still eat 15 syns a day.

Also, noticed one day you had crab sticks and an orange for lunch, but no breakfast, (you're dinner was fab with loads of veg though) you're probably not eating enough if I'm honest. Xx

Thanks for looking for me :)

I'm not really sure why I haven't had many syns, it's not been on purpose, I just haven't really been hungry!

Before SW I would usually be so busy at work that I didn't have breakfast or lunch (sometimes I did) and would normally just have cups of tea and a packet of crisps and then have dinner (takeaway or something else fairly unhealthy!!) and rubbish when I got in. I guess going to 3 proper meals a day with a few snacks is totally filling me up. I even got chocolate and crisps out the other day to have as a treat after dinner but just wasn't interested (TOTALLY not like me!!)

I don't usually eat pasta (i'm not a massive fan) but have had a few small portions this week and wondered if too many carbs (I LOVE potatoes) might have impacted? I've tried to be varied...well I thought I had!!

I don't feel as crap a I did 2 hrs ago (I'm a sulker!) so I guess I just have to keep trying. I'm totally having my french fry crisps tonight though :)

I know it must work as my BF is going with me and he lost 6lbs for his first week

Everyone on here is so lovely so thanks for the help :D x

As expected, I put on 1.5lbs this week!

Thanks for looking for me :)

I'm not really sure why I haven't had many syns, it's not been on purpose, I just haven't really been hungry!

Before SW I would usually be so busy at work that I didn't have breakfast or lunch (sometimes I did) and would normally just have cups of tea and a packet of crisps and then have dinner (takeaway or something else fairly unhealthy!!) and rubbish when I got in. I guess going to 3 proper meals a day with a few snacks is totally filling me up. I even got chocolate and crisps out the other day to have as a treat after dinner but just wasn't interested (TOTALLY not like me!!)

I don't usually eat pasta (i'm not a massive fan) but have had a few small portions this week and wondered if too many carbs (I LOVE potatoes) might have impacted? I've tried to be varied...well I thought I had!!

I don't feel as crap a I did 2 hrs ago (I'm a sulker!) so I guess I just have to keep trying. I'm totally having my french fry crisps tonight though :)

I know it must work as my BF is going with me and he lost 6lbs for his first week

Everyone on here is so lovely so thanks for the help :D x

oh and sorry for the whinging!!!

Congrats to everyone else :D xx

Don't worry, we all need advice at the start x

Definitely have your syns though, it's what they're there for. I know sometimes people are genuinely too busy to eat, or not hungry, but really slimming world works on a 'eat plenty, lose weight' basis! Apparently our bodies hold onto fat if we aren't eating enough food. You're eating much more healthy than the example diet from before slimming world though! Lol. The pasta could have made a difference if you're not used to eating it I suppose. I'd say don't get disheartened, give it another chance, be 100% again this week and see how you go next week before you panic x

Back