Wednesday Weighers

Not looking forward to tomorrow night. After a really disappointing WI last week (after being really good) I was determined to have a fabulous loss this week.

Went to a school reunion on Saturday - all day and night and no food choices - just ate what we got given and plenty of alcohol.

Sunday was a nightmare too - planned to make a real nice healthy roast dinner, but as I had the hangover from hell it ended up being a Chinese and chocolate :-0

Not happy with myself at all, and if I gain on Wed I know I'll be so upset, especially as its all my own fault :-(

Hi Carolynn,
Everyone has bad weeks ... I've had a bad month! But the most important thing is to remember why you joined SW and how it will feel when you reach that goal.
Whatever the result is tomorrow, and I guarantee it would be as bad as you expect you can draw a line under it and move onwards and upwards.
When you get home tomorrow make sure you use the enthusiasm from your group to write your weekly meal plans and stock up on lots of healthy yummy things :)
There is also a menu on here for a souper speed soup which I made a couple of weeks ago and can really help speed things up. I made a big batch of it and it helped me for a couple of days with lunches and snacks etc.
I'll have my fingers crossed for you tomorrow x

This week has been ridiculous. Got my stone award then went and had two boozy nights out, a curry and lots of wee squares of chocolate. It's definitely harder this week as I have an exam on Friday so all I am craving is sugar!

Going out for dinner after WI tomorrow, but after that I'm back on track :)

Not going to beat myself up about it, I could always be suprised, ha!

Good luck for tomorrow guys! <3

Not sure what to expect tonight, been an ok week on plan with only a few minor wobbles, so hopefully a loss!! Needing the inspiration!!

Good luck to you all xx

Good luck today everyone! I'm not too optimistic....

6pm :eek:

I cant go to my usual WI tonight so I went along to one last night where they have gone computerised (my usual club isn't yet!) they tried to add me as a visitor but the laptop kept crashing :mad: so I wasn't able to weigh, so I will have to wait til next week :cry:

I cant go to my usual WI tonight so I went along to one last night where they have gone computerised (my usual club isn't yet!) they tried to add me as a visitor but the laptop kept crashing :mad: so I wasn't able to weigh, so I will have to wait til next week :cry:

What a nightmare - couldn't they let you just get on the scales anyway so you can see how you have done for your own peace of mind.

We are also still old system - think we are changing in the next few weeks.

It was my birthday last week and the first anniversary of me doing SW in which I lost 3 stone. So I celebrated in style. I had a meal out with friends and then a weekend away with my husband which involved cooked breakfasts and three course meals with all the trimmings. I must have had a million syns. So I was very surprised that I only gained 1 1/2 lbs. I can only think that doing lots of exercise has helped as normally I would put on loads. We were up in the Lake District and walked for four hours on Saturday and six hours on Sunday. Also I've been working out at home on my Wii for half an hour twice a day.

I went straight back on plan on Monday and I'm working hard to lose that gain and carry on losing.

Thank you Carolynn. I forgot to say that I also drank a fair bit each day for three days running.

It was great though how easy it was to get straight back onto SW on Monday and I feel better eating SW food.

Aw man! I sts AGAIN - this means I have lost one and a half measly pounds since Christmas....I'm really getting fed up. My consultant told me to go away and have a bad week - can't say I really rate that advice, although she is nice.
I know it's going to get harder and harder but I am getting annoyed - especially as I'm paying good money! I mean, I still enjoy the SW plan, but I'm really getting to the stage now where I think, what's the point? My motivation is really flagging now. Since Christmas I've been faffing around with the same pound. One week, my consultant told me to do a red week - well, I'm vegetarian so I didn't really want to. She said, it's not about meat. So do I just eat vegetables then? I thought well, i'd rather do the Atkins then and get to eat cheese too! (even if I know Atkins isn't healthy and SW is) By the way, i didn't go down the Atkins road but once again, this evening I'm thinking about it!
I'm the first to admit, I'm a lazy bugger. But I have been trying to do a bit more walking.
I have showed the consultants my diaries - she says all is well and I'll have a breakthrough soon.:sigh:
Anyone been in this position? I didn't want to just lose a few pounds and get down to pleasantly plump. I wanted to be slim.......:(

2lb off for me, 10 in total, really pleased with that!

Well done on the losses and those who didnt get the result they wanted good luck for this week xx

My first day on slimming world and my first day on minimins

Hi!

I have come across minimins quite a lot before when i have been googling for weight loss inspiration....and I have decided that now is my time to join.

I have done all sorts of diets in the past, and slimming world seems to have all the elements which I need - no real restriction on carbs if i want to do a green day, and i can eat as much fruit as i want. No wonder I wasnt doing great on Weight watchers.

Anyway, wednesday is going to be my weigh day - and I could do with this kind of forum where everyone is doing the same thing at the same time. So if I dont lose weight, or I am thinking of slacking then you lovely people out there will be my guiding conscience! or that is my hope anyway.

Today is my first weigh in and I am 13st 9lbs.

This is the heaviest have ever been and I am pretty unhappy about how tight my clothes are.

Ive had a funny couple of years made up of great successes (quitting smoking, changing jobs, i am a new auntie twice over) and great losses (had a few deaths in the family, terminal illnesses for example). All of these things have left my weight going up and down, and more recently massively UP!

I know I was happy at 11 stone-ish, and actually felt skinny at one point five years ago (eek).

I have battled with my weight for 20 years now and im only 30 - so this is a lifetime of never feeling happy with myself.

I am hoping that today marks the first stage of starting the feel comfortable with myself and avoiding any health complications that come with being over weight and having a large waist measurement - mine is pretty huge and out of proportion with the rest of my body.

Well done to all of you who have posted your losses tonight, and to those of you who are feeling frustrated with your perceived lack of progress - you all seem to be doing fabulously well, spare me a small thought, I am just embarking on my journey.....

xxxx

Had a really good loss this week, 6lbs! Although to be honest I was really ill at the start of the week, so that will account for some of it. Still chuffed though :)

Yeeea haaa, 1.5 off for me tonight! much better than my gain last week!!
well done ciao for even getting there, that for me was the biggest hurdle. i kept putting off and finding excuses. but i finally joined on the 8th of feb. 6 weigh ins later and i'm 9 and a half pounds lighter. i'd love it to be faster . . . . but . . . . its 9 and half pound less than what i was in february so i'm greatful for that, my clothes no longer feel like they'll cut me in half if i bend over ;) hahaha x

:D -4.5lbs...
which is all the weight plus 0.5 lbs id gained since b4 rejoin last week....soo happy!

Back