Wednesday Weighers

Tom_River said:
Just to update you all, I've no officially lost over 9 stone and I'm well pleased.

10 lbs to go to my new interim target of 14 stone 10 lbs.

Probably keep at that for now as my original target of 13 stone 2 lbs doesn't seem achievable after a body test at the gym revealed that 12 stone 7 lbs of my total body mass are muscles, water and bones.

Now combining a daily food diary, calorie watching and SW to lose those last 10 lbs asap. ;-)

Wow, I wish that percentage of me was water muscles and bone! Never had a test like that done, does most gyms do that test? Would be interesting to find out. Well done you on 9 stone loss though, that's fantastic x

Just to update you all, I've no officially lost over 9 stone and I'm well pleased.

Probably keep at that for now as my original target of 13 stone 2 lbs doesn't seem achievable after a body test at the gym revealed that 12 stone 7 lbs of my total body mass are muscles, water and bones.

Now combining a daily food diary, calorie watching and SW to lose those last 10 lbs asap. ;-)

:wow: Tom this an incredible achievement you must feel like a totally different person.
you must have done loads of exercise to change your body mass like that too. they do say muscle weighs heavier then fat.
How inspiring :thankyou:

:wow: Tom this an incredible achievement you must feel like a totally different person.
you must have done loads of exercise to change your body mass like that too. they do say muscle weighs heavier then fat.
How inspiring :thankyou:

Haven't actually exercised that much. I've increased my walking bit by bit and added cycling and swimming over the years.

Trying to do at least 30 mins every day. Sometimes more. But in no way excessive. I've recently bought myself a body weight strength training book (you are your own gym) and have tried some of the exercises, but struggle with the way I need to do the reps. Gave the book to a friend and he'll train with me soon.

Never had a test like that done, does most gyms do that test? Would be interesting to find out.

Most Gyms do now, yes. They'll charge you a fee usually between £5 and £15 if you're not a member, though. They basically attach different parts of your body to a machine and let a safe electric current flow through your body. Depending on the kind of resistance this current faces, the machine measures the kind of body mass that is in the way. The different types of body mass block or lead the electric current further.

A not as accurate version this is also available with many home scales nowadays.

I hope this helps.

Wish you all the best with your weight loss journey!

Hows everyones week been I've been off plan most off the week am off from work on my summer leave for 2 weeks have been doing day trips out this week so have had breakfast as usual but my other meals have been whatever I can grab and we go away next week Monday till Friday but it's self catering in the uk so were taking loads off food with us x

Tom_River said:
Most Gyms do now, yes. They'll charge you a fee usually between £5 and £15 if you're not a member, though. They basically attach different parts of your body to a machine and let a safe electric current flow through your body. Depending on the kind of resistance this current faces, the machine measures the kind of body mass that is in the way. The different types of body mass block or lead the electric current further.

A not as accurate version this is also available with many home scales nowadays.

I hope this helps.

Wish you all the best with your weight loss journey!

Cheers mate, my scales tell me my percentage of fat and water held in the body. I know they don't give a bmi reading, but not bothered about that.

Might get one though as I have 10lb to go till my target weight and it might be interesting to get some idea, is it more accurate than a home reading would you say?

Might get one though as I have 10lb to go till my target weight and it might be interesting to get some idea, is it more accurate than a home reading would you say?

It would be more accurate than the scales at home, yes. But all of these methods share a degree of possible errors. Only a full body scan and several other expensive and time wasting procedure would actually give you a 100 % result the weight of various types of body mass. But if you're happy with a result that is definitely a lot closer to accurate than your scales at home, it is certainly worth doing.

Good luck to everyone for tomorrow, I am out in London straight from work so can't weigh at normal time or place :-(

Hi i'm new to this site, my weigh in is Wed night. so will post back toorrow, hello to all you lovely people x

WifeyG said:
Hi i'm new to this site, my weigh in is Wed night. so will post back toorrow, hello to all you lovely people x

Welcome to wednesday group and good luck. Tomorrow might be my last post here. I'm moving to a Tuesday weigh in x

Hi WifeyG, welcome to the group :)

Tom_River said:

Wow, that's amazing, well done to you, you should be more than pleased what a fab achievement , good luck with shifting those last 10!

-2 lbs for me altho I have switched to mornings so prob not really 2 but will be from next week.

Am actually looking forward to weigh in as have been pretty good this week but then it is also totm so not sure how that will affect things? Only need to lose 0.5 for my first shiny sticker!!

Will report back later :D

I will be slim & trim said:
i'm scared for my weigh in :( i been good but feel bloated x

I'm feeling exactly the same :(

Hi my first weigh in after joining last week and I lost 2lb. A bit disappointed its not more for my first week, but its better than no loss at all.

Back