Wednesday Weighers

1.5lbs off for me. So that makes me in the 9`s JUST!! :D 9st 13.5lbs

Fed up, frustrated, disappointed. In need of a few hugs.

The last 6 weeks have been a bit of a nightmare. Alltogether I have really only lost 2.5 pounds, even though I had large losses in between, I've also had minor gains.

I've kept an overly acurate food diary for the last 5 weeks, using the DailyBurn App and website. I've also reduced my syns from a total of 105 per 7 days to between 50 and 70 per 7 days!

43196-albums3514-picture20493.jpg

As well as that I've added more exercise...

I just don't want to give in to the idea of a plateau. But I'm also more fed up with all of this than I've ever been. I'm not at breaking point where I would be in danger of just stuffing myself with naughty foods. I don't think this is a real danger for me at the moment.

But I'm in such a bad mood, it is unbelievable. And I just don't know why. I was almost crying during the image session in group yesterday. And my consultant kept trying to lift me up and give me well meant hints. They were all well and good. But I'm in my body, no one else is. Argh.

Doesn't help that the gym I signed up for has now moved their opening date from 20/10/2011 to 10/11/2011!

But I'm also fed up having weight loss on my mind... I would have called target right at this weight. But silly me wants to jump out of a plane to do a parachute jump for charity, for which I need to be below 15 stone. So I want to lose another 7 lbs. (Even though I only need 4 lbs to cross the "magic" 15 stone line...)

And if I'm really, really honest with myself, I want to get to 196 lbs total weight and not 206 lbs.

Sorry for the long rant.

Any uplifting thoughts anyone? Anything you do / have done that can really boost a loss?

:needhug:

Last edited:
I lost the 1lb that I put on over the last 2 weeks, yippee, I am losing again:D
Typically I was off plan for 3 days, whilst away, so maybe that proves I wasn't eating enough with all the exercise I am doing:confused:

went back last night after a break, was at target when I last weighed and thought that I would be out of target now but luckily I am still in target but at the very top! Cons was good and I didn't get the usual, oh you're fine, you're a target member, she gave me a bit of a talking to to get back on track esp. with Christmas round the corner :)

The last 6 weeks have been a bit of a nightmare. Alltogether I have really only lost 2.5 pounds, even though I had large losses in between, I've also had minor gains.

I've kept an overly acurate food diary for the last 5 weeks, using the DailyBurn App and website. I've also reduced my syns from a total of 105 per 7 days to between 50 and 70 per 7 days!

Oh poor you, you must feel frustrated.

If you hadn't gone on to say you were doing a parachute jump therefore needing to be below 15 stone, I would advise to take a while at your original target weight i.e. where you are now.

I always wonder at the psychological aspects of losing weight. If you sub consciously feel you should be at target now, you might be feeling justifiably fed up as you are still being so strict.

How does it sound to take a month off? Take the pressure off and re-start a month down the line, refreshed and raring to go?

As you say, it is only you in your body, however maybe you are being a little hard on yourself. You have done fantastically well mate and should feel proud and not frustrated.

You are normally a tower of strength on here and the losses you have had in between show you can still lose weight.
Were the weeks where you have had a gain as focussed?

Go easy on yourself, pat yourself on the back. Decide whether you have the get up and go to stay at it, if you do I know you can do it, believe in yourself!!!

If on the other hand you take a month off, that's not failing, that is using the plan in a flexible way.

What ever you decide, it must be right for you, we are all behind you mate.

Top tip, eat lots of kiwi's

maintained - been within same weight now for 10 weeks, half on half off, maintain. Need to do something to kick start it. Any advice would help. I'm on EE.

Stoo said:
maintained - been within same weight now for 10 weeks, half on half off, maintain. Need to do something to kick start it. Any advice would help. I'm on EE.

Hey Stoo, as you can see from my post further up. I can imagine how you may feel.

Have you tried changing the type of exercise you're doing and maybe adding to it's intensity and the time you're doing it?

Hi all. Id like to join in this thread if I may? As I weigh in on a Wednesday at slimming world.

I know I'm a little late for this weeks weigh in but I lost 3lb which means 1 stone and 13lbs in total. Hoping to get that last pound off next week for my 2 stone award! But have a few days off and going out (trying to be good)

You are all doing really well. Good luck to us all for next Wednesday. See you here for results.

Sally xx

+6lbs after 2 wks hols.
Roll on next week will do better :)

i dont think i posted last week, lost 3lb but then only lost 1/2 lb this week :( back to losing slowly again seems to be a pattern even though im 100% on plan i lose 1lb or 1/2 lb for 3-4 weeks then lose 3 x

Stoo, I would kick start your body by changing everything you can. Try mixing days ,have red ones and green ones , you'll lose more with red days though.

Change what you have for HEXA and B. Of course with red and green days you can have two HEXA HEXB

Good luck x

2lbs off for me this week, pleased with that, only 0.5lb to shift this week to get rid of last weeks gain,

Well done everyone, lots of losses and awards this week.

Tom_River said:

Hi There

Don't get disheartened, you have done brilliantly already. Ask yourself what feels worse how you feel now or how you felt before you started SW? ;-)

I don't really know what to suggest, have you tried success express? It a slightly modified version of the SW plan, I am not completely sure what it involves but I have seen it suggested for people who are sticking at a weight and need a 'kick start'. It might be worth contacting your consultant. Maybe trying a different day, for example if you do mostly original days try 2-3 days of extra easy or green.

Keep that parachute jump at he front if your mind too, that's your goal and you will get there.

Stick with it and don't feel down, just remember how much you have already achieved :)

Success express is 2/3 plate of super free foods 1/3 free foods ( from any plan ie jacket potato with chicken and 2/3 super free salad or veg)

You have 2 HEXA 2 HEXB

You only snack on super free foods NOT free.

Any syns you have are taken at highest value ,so if you wanted a mugshot you would use syns from a red day (highest)

There's a few people on here following success express if you search for ideas x

Success express is 2/3 plate of super free foods 1/3 free foods ( from any plan ie jacket potato with chicken and 2/3 super free salad or veg)

You have 2 HEXA 2 HEXB

You only snack on super free foods NOT free.

Any syns you have are taken at highest value ,so if you wanted a mugshot you would use syns from a red day (highest)

There's a few people on here following success express if you search for ideas x

i followed this for a week and still only lost 1lb i was completely gutted handed in my diary and it was 100% correct, just seem to be losing so slowly lately no matter i try

Back