Wednesday Weighers

HI there - I joined last week and am a Wednesday Weigher.......finger crossed for this week. Can't believe how much food I am eating so hope I am doing it right!!!

Lots of people say they do,as you're cutting out most carbs. When I did SW 17 years ago ,I only did red days. Money is making me do more green now, but I've lost 4 St 2 1/2 lb since June. X

I joined last week too. I've had a bit of a bad weekend though, I'll be lucky if I lose 1/2lb. Does anyone know how to deal with a sister that like's take out? I stay down her house on the weekend because of work & 9 times out of 10 it's take out, or if she does cook it's usually fattening food like lasagne & chips (but the chips are usually cooked in the Actifry. I don't want to be rude & refuse to eat, any idea's?

mrshughes2b said:
I've just made myself feel better by going through my wardrobe and trying on some clothes and finding their too big for me now!!!! Yey!! X

I did that until I ran out of clothes that fit at all! Then mr bought some down from the loft and they were too big?!?

Lil Pet Dragon said:
I joined last week too. I've had a bit of a bad weekend though, I'll be lucky if I lose 1/2lb. Does anyone know how to deal with a sister that like's take out? I stay down her house on the weekend because of work & 9 times out of 10 it's take out, or if she does cook it's usually fattening food like lasagne & chips (but the chips are usually cooked in the Actifry. I don't want to be rude & refuse to eat, any idea's?

You could take control, you've chosen to be healthy. Either, offer to cook for both of you, and make syn free fake aways, I've had chicken chow mien twice this week. Singapore noodles, stir fries. Sw chips and cauli curry. Or you take your own food and make your own,whilst she eats her take away. There's lots of recipes just google slimming world chow mien etc or search on here. If you know you're going to stay there every week, you need to plan which way will suit you to stay on plan. Taking food for all your other meals. I personally would not let anyone sabotage my hard work. Or you could make stuff,freeze it,and take it that way.

i get weighed on wednesdays

hiya,hope u dont mind me joining the group,i get weighed on wednesdays,started sw on the of january.

Had fears of joining because of being a man,but alota men at my class,so actually it is fun and i have learned women dont bite :)
started on the 4/1/2012

start weight 17stone 11 ½lb,target weight 13stone:eek:
week1: -7 ½lbs
week2: -4 lbs
week3: -5 lbs
week4: -2 ½lbs
week5: -3 ½lbs
week6:
week7:
week8:

potbelly69 said:
hiya,hope u dont mind me joining the group,i get weighed on wednesdays,started sw on the of january.

Had fears of joining because of being a man,but alota men at my class,so actually it is fun and i have learned women dont bite :)
started on the 4/1/2012

week6:
week7:
week8:

Amazing losses well done!!!!!

potbelly69 said:

started on the 4/1/2012

week6:
week7:
week8:

Hello and welcome, congratulations for joining class and great losses. X

Lil Pet Dragon said:
Thanks for the advise bunnylush, I'll try to apply your advise into this week. I'll let you know how I did on wednesday, wish me luck :)

Good luck, don't fret, all you can do is try :) I don't like eating in the day, I'm always busy and don't like feeling full in the day. So my way is ...

1 HEXA always 250 ml milk.

Muller / apple or pear or banana breakfast.

I make a big pot of butternut squash/ roast pepper soup on a Sunday, for my weeks lunches. I get a cup of that in microwave for lunch and a piece of fruit at some point.

Then because my two meals are neutral plan, I decide what day I want for my tea ;) and have a big tea,usually syn free.

Then because I'm diabetic and insomniac, I have My syns and whatever HEXA HEXB for a picnic supper. I keep my bread in the freezer, and only have it for supper occasionally when I really fancy a bacon butty or Philly on toast.

This all suits me perfectly, I'm now trained myself that any treats/ crisps/ fruit pastilles/ choc/ bread are a supper treat, I don't want to grab such in the day, I grab fruit instead, and happy in the knowledge I can choose whatever for supper and enjoy it in peace ;)

That's how my journey of 4 stones loss has been :) all my diabetic levels have reduced and my cholesterol :)

My Hex a is usually milk too, the trouble I seem to have is my Hex b, I'm always to full to eat it, might try some ww Wholemeal in an hour, but I'm still full from tea, I think this 1st week is going to be trial & error :-(

HI there - I joined last week and am a Wednesday Weigher.......finger crossed for this week. Can't believe how much food I am eating so hope I am doing it right!!!

Welcome and good luck Pollypop, Ive only been on SW for 3 weeks so far and have found that I have been eating alot more than I did before the diet, but it has just been the right things like lots of fruit. Just make sure you write it all down in your food diary I say, I personally find that it helps me alot to keep a note of the syns I have had.:D

Lil Pet Dragon said:
My Hex a is usually milk too, the trouble I seem to have is my Hex b, I'm always to full to eat it, might try some ww Wholemeal in an hour, but I'm still full from tea, I think this 1st week is going to be trial & error :-(

Well re read your book and look at the other options for HEXB other than bread/ cereal/hi fi etc. there's 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil, to use in cooking. There's nuts, dry fruit, tinned fruit, all less filling than the first options. I could eat ten HEXB ;) I love my HEXB.

Lil Pet Dragon have you tried the alpen light bars? they are small and easy to fit in alongside fruit as a snack during the day, I recommend them, especially the chocolate fudge flavour which is really sweet and really hits that spot if you have a sweet craving:)

Back