Wednesday Weighers

+1 this week, but I know why and that's actually two weeks worth of weight gain so I'm not too worried.

boobalicious said:
Well done everyone for some great losses and fingers crossed for next week for those of you are cheesed off with your results.

Does anyone have any comments about extra easy and whether they find it more/less effective than the red/green days?

Reason i'm asking is that my mum who is a long term slimming worlder has just shifted over to extra easy and has found that even though she has stuck to it (she says - am seeing her at weekend so will inspect her fridge :D) she has put on weight for the last two weeks on it, and i was thinking about giving it a go and am now a bit nervous as would like to shift half a stone if possible over the next month as it a friends wedding

sorry if this is in the wrong place, just wondered bout your thoughts x

Hey there , first time I tried it I put one pound on . The reason was I wasn't doing it right . It took me awhile to get my head round the plan . I'm not saying that's your Mum's case . I've always had good losses on EE apart from that mix up . I'd def recommend it . It's worth a good luck . You will shed half a stone in no time .

I think it's trial and error. Processed carbs like pasta and bread don't agree with me so I stick to red days with a few EE thrown in for good measure. We all different though. I just know low carb works for me. Is she writing everything down so you can take a look? Amazing how the syns can add up if you dont keep track

Yes i think i might have a look with her might help us both to understand it a bit more. Knowing my mum it might be she thinks it's not working but failed to mention she has been out for a couple of meals this week - tee hee! To be fair though she has gone from a size 22 to a 14 and is smaller than me so I should behave myself. thats really interesting bout your low carbn thing because i tend to lose better on red weeks too, just find it hard to have em all coz i love pots and bkd beans and red gets a bit expensive

I'm in the camp that the green red do me better, I'm an old timer too. I love my hex A B. don't like missing 2 on EE. Although I eat a lot of super free, in my own words I probably eat too much carb and meat on my plate with large third super free. Whether its all in my head, but I don't think I have as good losses. I do have some ee days when there's a particular meal that involves both. I think I mix of all 3 is variety and helpful to your body not getting stuck n a rut. I can't always afford meat and fish either, which does change my days.

MMM yes i think this might be my potential problem too as i dont like a lot of veg. I might try doing a smaller plate of food, and have some veg, but imagine a space for a portion of fruit and have that before the meal, if that makes sense :)

Hey there , first time I tried it I put one pound on . The reason was I wasn't doing it right . It took me awhile to get my head round the plan . I'm not saying that's your Mum's case . I've always had good losses on EE apart from that mix up . I'd def recommend it . It's worth a good luck . You will shed half a stone in no time .

Ta I shall experiemnt too and let you know

cheers for all your feedback my dears

just havin an aeroball ice cream as my treat for today - yum:)

nsmyth88 said:
hey everyone - just wondering if you could take a look at my food diary? I've been logging what I eat since Wednesday after no loss when I thought I was sticking to plan. I really want to believe in the plan - maybe I'm doing something wrong? All advice and suggestions for improvement very much welcomed!! :) i really need your help!!

http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world-food-diaries/274446-extra-easy-diary.html

My opinion is too much fruit and not enough super free veg/ salad. I have fruit yogurt breakfast, home made tomato soup ( tin toms,onion,carrot,celery,garlic, veg stock ) and a big tea of super free salad/ veg whatever. If you've only just started you should be trying to have 15 syns or 10 at least. Your body needs a small amount of sugar/ oil/ fat. All the fruit you're eating instead of veg/ salad contains more sugars than veg/ salad. If you don't eat syns now you'll be bored stupid, and probably give up. I've has all my syns every day and have lost 5 stone 1 lb since June, I'm also an old time SW lady. So breakfast and tea look fine, I would find sme savoury lunches and eat syns . I know people do it but t doesn't work for my body saving syns and blowing on wine / take away in one foul swoop. I have spring onion ginger king prawns, boiled rice or noodles bean sprouts every Sunday, works out about 5 syns. Drinking wine, when losing weight your body has to burn that off before anything else. So maybe there's no room left to burn off your food, hence no loss. X

Last edited:
2lb on for me on Wednesday but I was only half on plan last week and had far too much wine. I've started writing down everything again and counting all syns (even a small bite of pasty as they all count up lol) and I will get back to losing ways :) x

Was totally off track last week and put on 1lb on weds (obviously totally deserved). Still haven't got back on track but been reading through threads on here tonight and am determined to get back on track first thing in the morning!!!!
Hopefully can do damage control before weds!!!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Its that time of the week again...the time where I start worrying that I won't have lost anything on Wednesday even though i've stuck to plan 100%!

(doesn't help that star week began again Friday even though my last one ended monday :()

Well I had 3 good days, but 3 bad evenings, if u see what I mean... Followed by an A1 day yesterday (said no to choc n cake at children's party, and chips whilst out last night!) and today has followed suit. I was so distraught at putting in the 0.5 this week, after a good week, that's why I slipped in the evenings.... Hoping I can still lose something this week

Sarah xxxx

I have been really naughty this week.....I put it down to being in exams next week. I always go into self distruct.
I've got the 30 day shred DVD so I'm gonna start doing that tomorrow and hopefully that will keep me on track

sarahaa said:
Well I had 3 good days, but 3 bad evenings, if u see what I mean... Followed by an A1 day yesterday (said no to choc n cake at children's party, and chips whilst out last night!) and today has followed suit. I was so distraught at putting in the 0.5 this week, after a good week, that's why I slipped in the evenings.... Hoping I can still lose something this week

Sarah xxxx

Me too but four meals out and none of them on plan. Epic fail :-(

Well it's fast approaching! I'm not hopeful have been off plan a bit this week. Will update tomorrow x

sarahaa said:
Well it's fast approaching! I'm not hopeful have been off plan a bit this week. Will update tomorrow x

I was good to Saturday then fell off plan with organising my daughters party . Been very busy all over the long weekend . So I'm not hopefully with a good loss this week . Dreading the scales

Bricking it! I would like to lose 2lbs but I think it may either be half or 1lb.
Hope you all lose what you would like.
GOOD LUCK WEDNESDAY LOSERS!

Back