Wednesday Weighers

Hi guys,

First weigh in- lost 3.5 pounds! I'm doing slimming world (and getting weighed at their meetings) but I'm also counting old weight watchers points (60 calories per point) instead of syns- allowing 5 of those per day!

Anna24_bel said:
Hi guys,

First weigh in- lost 3.5 pounds! I'm doing slimming world (and getting weighed at their meetings) but I'm also counting old weight watchers points (60 calories per point) instead of syns- allowing 5 of those per day!

Hey anna well done on your loss, can I ask why you aren't counting syns? Surely ww points don't account for any free food allowance?

Anna24_bel said:
Hi guys,

How very odd? Would it not be easier to follow SW completely. Syn values will be different to WW. X

Last edited:
Thinking ahead to this week, need to go Tuesday night instead due to work commitments... How's everyone thinking this week will go? Xxx

Hey
Just joined this forum today. I weigh in on a Wednesday evening. Not looking forward to this Wednesday! Been doing SW four month now and lost just over 21/2st. My losses really slowed down and it wAs getting disheartening so I'm doing success express this week so yurt apprehensive about weigh in!

Well I feel really fat and bloated :( have drank at least 2 litres today... Hope it passes but weigh in for me is tomorrow night (I'm on nights and can't make wed morning).

I had to miss last week as hubby was in hospital and I was on nights and I had 7 days off plan... Feel this isn't going to be a great week for me!

How very odd? Would it not be easier to follow SW completely. Syn values will be different to WW. X

It's just a personal choice- I feel more in control with points because they have a direct calorie correspondence. I am considering doing a few syn weeks and seeing how that works out though! I love the slimming world plan for encouraging healthy eating!

Hi Shrinking Fairy

2 and a half stone in 4 months is really good going chuck, so it will slow down a bit, but hope mixing it up a bit will give you the result you want

I struggle with a quarter superfree so do red/green days, so success express sounds like a real achievement to stick to in itself:D

It's just a personal choice- I feel more in control with points because they have a direct calorie correspondence. I am considering doing a few syn weeks and seeing how that works out though! I love the slimming world plan for encouraging healthy eating!

syns equate to 1 syn per 20 calories as an approximation in case that helps

good luck with your experimenting:)

Well, i had been 100% all week until yesterday when I had 55 syns :eek:approx on a indian meal out - was kinda planned and enjoyed it, and am doing low syn today and tomorrow so should be in weekly total of 105 - but am hoping for some weight loss, particulalry as I feel very bloatey bloatey!

Had hideous PMT so hadn't enjoyed eating for a few days and then on curry day thought oh yes i have my taste buds back!!!

(If you want to see the full break down of my synning, my food diary is boobalicious diary of a veg hater !)

im not looking forward to tomorrow morning. ive not bothered counting my syns because ive not really had many but the three i did have were bigguns. ive had 3 McFlurrys this week. whoops. there all about 400 calories each so you do the math. fatty boom boom this week methinks. lol

I love McFlurrys! I guess if you've not eaten too many of the higher calorie free foods this week then you might still have lost weight? I had a mcflurry last week and also had a mcdonalds apple pie AND a brownie one day this week but I think I'm still losing! :)

I'm not looking forward to tomorrow either! I went to a 21st party on Saturday and there were profiteroles and I just couldn't resist them along with probably 10 gin and tonics! Not good, if I lose weight it's a miracle x

graciebaby87 said:
im not looking forward to tomorrow morning. ive not bothered counting my syns because ive not really had many but the three i did have were bigguns. ive had 3 McFlurrys this week. whoops. there all about 400 calories each so you do the math. fatty boom boom this week methinks. lol

That's 20 syns per mcflurry so only 60 over the week and if you've had no other syns........

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

MMM profiteroles and brownies - you are giving me ideas now! Two of my favourite things

I wonder if you could make low syn profiterols somehow with squirty cream, just a dip of philly choc and...well the pastry bit am a bit stumped with

anyway good luck all 4 tomorrow

boobalicious said:
MMM profiteroles and brownies - you are giving me ideas now! Two of my favourite things

I wonder if you could make low syn profiterols somehow with squirty cream, just a dip of philly choc and...well the pastry bit am a bit stumped with

anyway good luck all 4 tomorrow

I made the 1 syn cupcakes (there's a recipe on here somewhere) and they tasted like profiterols without the cream in, so you coukd try them with a bit of sqirty cream?

Back